Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Spot Reducing...This Should Be Interesting...

Options

Replies

• IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    There are certain compounds that will allow spot reduction and others that have been medically shown in studies to fight certain areas of fat. Naturally through diet and exercise: NO. Your genetically predisposed to storing fat in certain areas depending on your genetics. Everybody differs. Unless you plan on taking certain compounds you cannot spot reduce fat. Water retention is another issue, completely.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    IVMay wrote: »
    There are certain compounds that will allow spot reduction and others that have been medically shown in studies to fight certain areas of fat. Naturally through diet and exercise: NO. Your genetically predisposed to storing fat in certain areas depending on your genetics. Everybody differs. Unless you plan on taking certain compounds you cannot spot reduce fat. Water retention is another issue, completely.

which compounds are those?
  • IVMay
    Options

which compounds are those?

For the record you have been messaged with examples. Not something I condone as nothing beats exercise and diet for achieving personal goals but all these people saying you can't do this or that require a little clarification. Certain compounds can spot reduce and have been proven to do so.

Generally anybody with a ridiculous FFMI calculation probably knows the score.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    I don't even know of any illegal compounds that make you actually spot reduce either. I know of one or two that may even out your body's fat loss order preferences and make it more even across your body, but no spot reduction.
  • IVMay
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Both of you: These are prescribed for certain conditions but are not unknown to be available as performance enhancers.
    Steven are you referring to something along the lines of a dihydrotestosterone such as stanozolol? Nope - definitely not that. Far safer than that in fact but still prescription based. Not unknown to be used for performance and aesthetic/physique improvements by those who compete, however.

Anyway: there's hardly a point listing them here (I did message the above initial posted with examples to prove my point) but it's scientifically incorrect to tell people there's no way to spot reduce when there are compounds that will do it. The use of *anything* without prescription or purpose is not a good idea although doctors have been known to prescribe at least one of these specifically for these kinds of purposes. Depends on the country etc. Things become more grey as the years progress and studies contribute positive connotations towards particular compounds.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Both of you: These are prescribed for certain conditions but are not unknown to be available as performance enhancers.
    Steven are you referring to something along the lines of a dihydrotestosterone such as stanozolol? Nope - definitely not that. Far safer than that in fact but still prescription based. Not unknown to be used for performance and aesthetic/physique improvements by those who compete, however.

Anyway: there's hardly a point listing them here (I did message the above initial posted with examples to prove my point) but it's scientifically incorrect to tell people there's no way to spot reduce when there are compounds that will do it. The use of *anything* without prescription or purpose is not a good idea although doctors have been known to prescribe at least one of these specifically for these kinds of purposes. Depends on the country etc. Things become more grey as the years progress and studies contribute positive connotations towards particular compounds.

Really? Now you're just splitting hairs.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

You can't say they exist and then fail to list them.
  • IVMay
    Options

Sure - because showing another user that the exact opposite of what OP has been told is true happens to be 'splitting hairs'.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Why am I not surprised you don't like people linking to the WHO?
  • IVMay
    Options
    Why am I not surprised you don't like people linking to the WHO?

The WHO wasn't the issue - the complete shock of the irrelevance of your 'research' was the issue. Anyway that's another thread. I just sent you two messages with two examples. You want some more messages with other examples? I also provided you with links if you require any more links or research into those let me know.

Without prescription and approval from a doctor I find it more appropriate to not discuss particulars but you get the idea :)
  • IVMay
    Options

Sure - because showing another user that the exact opposite of what OP has been told is true happens to be 'splitting hairs'.

You didn't show anything... You came on the thread like a shady used car salesman and gave no information.

Not to you - two people who asked for it (One of whom is online now - Steven) have been provided with examples. As for the used car salesman - if he so wishes to forward you any information that's up to him I certainly won't be to yourself.

"Showing another user" - I specifically messaged that initial user asking for clarification. I understand if English isn't your strong point but don't call people out if you're uncertain as to exactly what's going on, mmmkay? Or at least have the common decency to be polite when you do.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    NM... Not worth it.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    If ever a thread should be closed, it's this one.
  • IVMay
    Options
    If ever a thread should be closed, it's this one.

And why would that be?

Hey - I'm not the one who thought to namedrop anything publicly. He wanted to show off and start spewing specifics. Pity that he is factually incorrect. Would have been better responding directly but something tells me that would have given little to no 'street cred'? heh
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Oh lookie, neither of the two things you sent me in the PMs actually showed spot reduction, just fat loss induced because one is a steroid and the other is hgh.

Care to share which miracle "spot reduction" things these are?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    The little test I did was a per week basis...on weeks i focused on these areas like this I lost about twice as much as the weeks I didnt and this was consistent. I did this over a span of about three months. Was just curious what everyone else thought and knew the kind of answers I was going to get.

you do you. If it works then great.

Best of luck. Dont let others bring you down.
    It's not "bringing her down". It's an explanation of what actually happens with wrapping. Now why pray tell would it be refuted? Because someone will lock onto this and likely try it because of an anecdote. That's actually how ALL testimonies work for PRODUCT SALES although I don't believe the OP is intentionally doing that here.
    Science actually works. There has been one study to show that you CAN spot reduce body fat from a chosen area, but the amount of exercise needed to get an insignificant loss would deter anyone from doing it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png