Replies

• crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    lizery wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Your husband flirted via an electronic medium. It's a betrayal of sorts, but hardly cheating.

This is cheating no ifs ands or buts

Not really the same as being in actual physical sexual contact with a person outside of the marriage, IMO.

The OP's husband was obviously not mentally faithful to his wife since he was sexting with other women. How is that not cheating?

Food for thought, is a partner fantasising about someone else being 'mentally faithful'?

The example here, a married guy went online, flirted with people, sent some racy pics and a video trying to get a boost to his self esteem that he for some reason was missing in his 'real' life.

Felt bad. Confessed to admonish his own guilt.

What happened was certainly thoughtless bad behaviour and perhaps emotional betrayal . Not cheating though.

If you act on the desire to "be" with another person, whether that is through digital media or not, I consider that cheating. Do most people occasionally fantasize about being with someone else? Yeah, probably, but they also don't generally ACT on that fleeting thought. It is the action that makes it cheating, in my book. I can see you don't agree, and I probably won't convince you otherwise, but that's my $.02.

You're right, I don't agree ... I don't condone the behaviours but I certainly wouldn't call it cheating per se.

Thanks for the super helpful information about what marriage is though. I'll be sure to apply that to my own happy 14 yr relationship.

• cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    cmDaffy wrote: »
    So, who's your hubby..

This happens all the time... Sadly, or not sadly, people feel ignored at home, or bored and start searching. I can't tell you how many dick pics I have gotten from men here... There have been numerous physical affairs, so hopefully, your hubby didn't got that far in all of this...

I'm trying to think if I've chatted with anyone from Booth, TX...

You have given them other contact information then because from what I have seen on MFP you can't DM/PM/IM pictures. It's either in a forum, group, or posted to a wall. Sooooooo be selective with who you hand your information out to?

Oh, I find them a riot! I photograph models, nudity is no big deal to me. And on IG, people get them a LOT completely unsolicited... oh, and that happens on BodySpace, also...
  • adamgoleafs87
    adamgoleafs87 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Your husband flirted via an electronic medium. It's a betrayal of sorts, but hardly cheating.

This is cheating no ifs ands or buts

Not really the same as being in actual physical sexual contact with a person outside of the marriage, IMO.

The OP's husband was obviously not mentally faithful to his wife since he was sexting with other women. How is that not cheating?

Food for thought, is a partner fantasising about someone else being 'mentally faithful'?

The example here, a married guy went online, flirted with people, sent some racy pics and a video trying to get a boost to his self esteem that he for some reason was missing in his 'real' life.

Felt bad. Confessed to admonish his own guilt.

What happened was certainly thoughtless bad behaviour and perhaps emotional betrayal . Not cheating though.

If you act on the desire to "be" with another person, whether that is through digital media or not, I consider that cheating. Do most people occasionally fantasize about being with someone else? Yeah, probably, but they also don't generally ACT on that fleeting thought. It is the action that makes it cheating, in my book. I can see you don't agree, and I probably won't convince you otherwise, but that's my $.02.

You're right, I don't agree ... I don't condone the behaviours but I certainly wouldn't call it cheating per se.

Thanks for the super helpful information about what marriage is though. I'll be sure to apply that to my own happy 14 yr relationship.

albundy_shock.gif
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    in for the pics, vids, and rioting! maybe more!
  • oceancitybum1
    oceancitybum1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is your name Hillary by some chance?
  • fasterpssycat
    fasterpssycat Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I mean, there are posts I specifically stay out of because the title is pretty much "HEY LET'S HAVE AN AVENUE FOR FLIRTING AND INNUENDO." Not surprising. This site, due to the nature of its purposes, is going to have people who end up seeking validation. Most of the time it's via support and likes for exercise achievements, but any number of issues can pivot that into something inappropriate. It's like I tell teens in my healthy relationship classes, you can and will never completely know another person and that is what makes intimacy utterly terrifying.

OP = I'm sorry your trust has been broken. It's a terrible feeling and I hope you are able to eventually heal these wounds.
  • crackpotbaby
    Options

And what right would you have to tell the other participants - alleged - husband (assuming you could do so)? She is responsible for operating within the parameters of her own relationship. That's hardly your responsibility.

don't worry, she doesn't have your husbands contact info so you're safe.

Maybe she's got him on kik ;)

• cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    @lstrat115 I signed up here when I found out. We've been separated and in therapy ever since.

Wait you signed up 8 months ago when you found out and just now posted about it? Did your therapist suggest you post about it?

I'm confused.

I like how you just called her out before I could...

She states that she "just" made this account because she just found out that her hubby was cheating with someone here, and yet, the info on her says that she made her account in Sept. 2016. I'd say we just uncovered a catfish...
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

And what right would you have to tell the other participants - alleged - husband (assuming you could do so)? She is responsible for operating within the parameters of her own relationship. That's hardly your responsibility.

good call. maybe i do too :naughty:
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    "scene of the crime". And here I thought this was a site to log my calories and exercise. Where in the world is the personal connections forum? I can't find it.

Yeah, right! I'm single and can't figure out how to do what, apparently, lots of other folks are doing.

• crackpotbaby
    Options

good call. maybe i do too :naughty:

If you're lucky lol

• toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    8 damn pages and no one was named? Lame...guess I have to narrow it down to who uses "hun"...was it the short-for-hunny kind or the Atilla kind?

one was named....do i really have to be the first to tag her?!
This discussion has been closed.