True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I would do just about anything for a decent Baltimore style crab cake and a pile of steamed shrimp covered in Old Bay right now. (My Maryland is showing)

What makes them Baltimore style?
    I hate crab but loooove crab cakes go figure
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I confess I would do just about anything for a decent Baltimore style crab cake and a pile of steamed shrimp covered in Old Bay right now. (My Maryland is showing)

Thank god for old bay. I wasnt originally born here but I'm thankful every day that old bay was put into my life.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

They use lots of jumbo lump Maryland Blue crab and very very little binder. It's almost all crab and not much bread. So very good.

Thank god for old bay. I wasnt originally born here but I'm thankful every day that old bay was put into my life.

I grew up in Maryland... I season everything with Old Bay. Midwesterners look at me funny when I put it on my fries.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

They use lots of jumbo lump Maryland Blue crab and very very little binder. It's almost all crab and not much bread. So very good.

I grew up in Maryland... I season everything with Old Bay. Midwesterners look at me funny when I put it on my fries.

Don't shun them for their ignorance, some people just don't know greatness. I don't use it as much anywhere because I try be cautious about how much seasoning i use but I used to put old bay on damn near everything lol
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

There is a restaurant here that does potato wedges covered in Old Bay and they serve it with this cucumber sauce for dipping. I could eat that all day long

Oh! That sounds amazing!
  • FeraFilia
    Options

You can buy Old Bay at the grocery. I throw raw shrimp in a skillet with just a little spray butter and sprinkle Old Bay over the shrimp. Cook them up and eat them over a salad and it is delicious!
    I would like one of those soft pretzels covered in crab meat and melted cheese that they do out on the East Coast though. Mmmmm

I could buy it at the store, but my MIL brought me a huge thing of it thinking I couldn't get it here! I do get raw shrimp and cook them up occasionally.

I can't wait until my Virginia Beach vacation this summer. I am going to be a total glutton and stuff myself with all the seafood I can.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I'd look really good in this ;)

ixoz6p0e39qj.jpeg

Pics when that happens.

• FeraFilia
    Options

There is a restaurant here that does potato wedges covered in Old Bay and they serve it with this cucumber sauce for dipping. I could eat that all day long

DROOL. I love Old Bay on my potatoes.
  • fittmack
    fittmack Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I confess that this app is really my only form of social media. I know, strange :/
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    I confess I just had a Marylin Monroe moment on my front porch. Except my dress is blue and it was storm winds not a sewer grate.

No close neighbors is a good thing.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    laelm wrote: »
    I confess that this app is really my only form of social media. I know, strange :/

It is my only source too. I hate FB and don't have anything else. I'm always lurking here. It's getting obsessive lol
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    laelm wrote: »

Same.
  • liftingmomlife
    liftingmomlife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My guilty pleasure is Taylor swift
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options

DROOL. I love Old Bay on my potatoes.

Utz's Potato chips make an old bay flavored chip. I forget what they call it
  • jamcdonel
    Options
    I confess that I miserably failed to make my birthday dinner and cake fit into my calorie goals. Better luck tomorrow!

"One year older and closer to death. But Happy Birthday!"
  • synchkat
    Options
    jamcdonel wrote: »
    I confess that I miserably failed to make my birthday dinner and cake fit into my calorie goals. Better luck tomorrow!

Happy birthday @jamcdonel
    You're not supposed to. Count calories today
  • friction_thighs
    friction_thighs Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I confess that I jogged to work last week for the first time in 6 months, I packed everything to get changed into after my shower. Blouse, shoes, trainer socks, skirt, towel, deodorant....... but Oh No... where's my underwear!!... That was not a comfortable workday!
  • jamcdonel
    Options

Thanks. It has been a weird day.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    kq1981 wrote: »
    I confess, I actually feel positive and happy for the first time in a very long time. After going through the worst break up 3 months ago to a severely emotionally abusive ex I'm pulling through. I've been through so damn much and lost so much in my 35 years I'm scared something will take my happiness away. Which I know, holds me back from things. So I'll hold on to these moments and continue to take it a day at a time.
    Getting all deep and misty eyed now:-/

Hugs ...one day at a time is the best way :*
  • synchkat
    Options

Thanks. It has been a weird day.

Birthdays are weird.....in an awesome kinda way