True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options
16936946966986991359

Replies

  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I would do just about anything for a decent Baltimore style crab cake and a pile of steamed shrimp covered in Old Bay right now. (My Maryland is showing)

    What makes them Baltimore style?
    I hate crab but loooove crab cakes go figure
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I would do just about anything for a decent Baltimore style crab cake and a pile of steamed shrimp covered in Old Bay right now. (My Maryland is showing)
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I would do just about anything for a decent Baltimore style crab cake and a pile of steamed shrimp covered in Old Bay right now. (My Maryland is showing)

    Thank god for old bay. I wasnt originally born here but I'm thankful every day that old bay was put into my life.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I would do just about anything for a decent Baltimore style crab cake and a pile of steamed shrimp covered in Old Bay right now. (My Maryland is showing)

    What makes them Baltimore style?
    I hate crab but loooove crab cakes go figure

    They use lots of jumbo lump Maryland Blue crab and very very little binder. It's almost all crab and not much bread. So very good.
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I would do just about anything for a decent Baltimore style crab cake and a pile of steamed shrimp covered in Old Bay right now. (My Maryland is showing)

    Thank god for old bay. I wasnt originally born here but I'm thankful every day that old bay was put into my life.

    I grew up in Maryland... I season everything with Old Bay. Midwesterners look at me funny when I put it on my fries.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I would do just about anything for a decent Baltimore style crab cake and a pile of steamed shrimp covered in Old Bay right now. (My Maryland is showing)

    What makes them Baltimore style?
    I hate crab but loooove crab cakes go figure

    They use lots of jumbo lump Maryland Blue crab and very very little binder. It's almost all crab and not much bread. So very good.
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I would do just about anything for a decent Baltimore style crab cake and a pile of steamed shrimp covered in Old Bay right now. (My Maryland is showing)

    Thank god for old bay. I wasnt originally born here but I'm thankful every day that old bay was put into my life.

    I grew up in Maryland... I season everything with Old Bay. Midwesterners look at me funny when I put it on my fries.

    Don't shun them for their ignorance, some people just don't know greatness. I don't use it as much anywhere because I try be cautious about how much seasoning i use but I used to put old bay on damn near everything lol
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    FeraFilia wrote: »

    I grew up in Maryland... I season everything with Old Bay. Midwesterners look at me funny when I put it on my fries.

    There is a restaurant here that does potato wedges covered in Old Bay and they serve it with this cucumber sauce for dipping. I could eat that all day long

    Oh! That sounds amazing!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I would do just about anything for a decent Baltimore style crab cake and a pile of steamed shrimp covered in Old Bay right now. (My Maryland is showing)

    You can buy Old Bay at the grocery. I throw raw shrimp in a skillet with just a little spray butter and sprinkle Old Bay over the shrimp. Cook them up and eat them over a salad and it is delicious!
    I would like one of those soft pretzels covered in crab meat and melted cheese that they do out on the East Coast though. Mmmmm

    I could buy it at the store, but my MIL brought me a huge thing of it thinking I couldn't get it here! I do get raw shrimp and cook them up occasionally.

    I can't wait until my Virginia Beach vacation this summer. I am going to be a total glutton and stuff myself with all the seafood I can.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    I'd look really good in this ;)

    ixoz6p0e39qj.jpeg

    Pics when that happens.

  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    FeraFilia wrote: »

    I grew up in Maryland... I season everything with Old Bay. Midwesterners look at me funny when I put it on my fries.

    There is a restaurant here that does potato wedges covered in Old Bay and they serve it with this cucumber sauce for dipping. I could eat that all day long

    DROOL. I love Old Bay on my potatoes.
  • fittmack
    fittmack Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I confess that this app is really my only form of social media. I know, strange :/
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess I just had a Marylin Monroe moment on my front porch. Except my dress is blue and it was storm winds not a sewer grate.

    No close neighbors is a good thing.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    laelm wrote: »
    I confess that this app is really my only form of social media. I know, strange :/

    It is my only source too. I hate FB and don't have anything else. I'm always lurking here. It's getting obsessive lol
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    laelm wrote: »
    I confess that this app is really my only form of social media. I know, strange :/

    Same.
  • liftingmomlife
    liftingmomlife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My guilty pleasure is Taylor swift
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    FeraFilia wrote: »

    I grew up in Maryland... I season everything with Old Bay. Midwesterners look at me funny when I put it on my fries.

    There is a restaurant here that does potato wedges covered in Old Bay and they serve it with this cucumber sauce for dipping. I could eat that all day long

    DROOL. I love Old Bay on my potatoes.

    Utz's Potato chips make an old bay flavored chip. I forget what they call it
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I confess that I miserably failed to make my birthday dinner and cake fit into my calorie goals. Better luck tomorrow!

    "One year older and closer to death. But Happy Birthday!"
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    jamcdonel wrote: »
    I confess that I miserably failed to make my birthday dinner and cake fit into my calorie goals. Better luck tomorrow!

    "One year older and closer to death. But Happy Birthday!"

    Happy birthday @jamcdonel
    You're not supposed to. Count calories today
  • friction_thighs
    friction_thighs Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I confess that I jogged to work last week for the first time in 6 months, I packed everything to get changed into after my shower. Blouse, shoes, trainer socks, skirt, towel, deodorant....... but Oh No... where's my underwear!!... That was not a comfortable workday!
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    jamcdonel wrote: »
    I confess that I miserably failed to make my birthday dinner and cake fit into my calorie goals. Better luck tomorrow!

    "One year older and closer to death. But Happy Birthday!"

    Happy birthday @jamcdonel
    You're not supposed to. Count calories today

    Thanks. It has been a weird day.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    kq1981 wrote: »
    I confess, I actually feel positive and happy for the first time in a very long time. After going through the worst break up 3 months ago to a severely emotionally abusive ex I'm pulling through. I've been through so damn much and lost so much in my 35 years I'm scared something will take my happiness away. Which I know, holds me back from things. So I'll hold on to these moments and continue to take it a day at a time.
    Getting all deep and misty eyed now:-/

    Hugs ...one day at a time is the best way :*
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    jamcdonel wrote: »
    synchkat wrote: »
    jamcdonel wrote: »
    I confess that I miserably failed to make my birthday dinner and cake fit into my calorie goals. Better luck tomorrow!

    "One year older and closer to death. But Happy Birthday!"

    Happy birthday @jamcdonel
    You're not supposed to. Count calories today

    Thanks. It has been a weird day.

    Birthdays are weird.....in an awesome kinda way