April 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty I'm so glad that's not a problem I'll ever face. Great job getting the walk in though.
    @jessicalferrara great job!
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    4/8 - 14.5

31/100

Today's running sucked a lot, and a lot of that mileage was walking. But, we were also way off plan, too. Our original plan was 13 miles to prove to ourselves that we could cover that distance. This we technically accomplished. However, we got asked to do a 5k- so plan changed to "nice easy 5k, break, run 10 more miles." The 5k was decent, it was neat to see that my "nice easy" pace was a pace I would have LOVED to have seen for my all out pace a year ago. But the other 10 miles went awry. Between weird timing with little breakfast and breakfast ending up having been so long ago, and failure with making up for that later- we cratered at about 7.5 and walked the rest of the way home.

I have really enjoyed the conversation around running fueled, vs unfueled, and I have what is possibly a related question. Anytime i run like 7 miles or more, I get done, and I am not hungry-at all. Like till the next day. Especially on 10+ mile runs that seems a bit rediculous. (Especially since I am on MFP because I like to eat SOOO much.). But I think not eating after makes my recovery much more sucky. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions for making food not seem like a terrible idea when I am done?
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options

@autumnblade75 Great that you finished the 18 mile run! For the real long runs in marathon training, I usually go through three zombies run-missions too. Ones I already know, because I don't want to "use up" the new ones too quickly, but it's still entertaining.

I'm running side missions in Season 2, currently, while we wait for Season 6 to be released. I recently reset my account, and I'm going in order - I miss a lot of things on the first listen. I haven't decided, yet, if I'll run ALL the missions before starting the new season, or if I'll skip ahead... I suspect I don't have the willpower to do another 3 full seasons before the new episodes.

Here I am, with the whole day free to play Skyrim, and the stupid XBox won't power up.
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date     Miles      MTD
    ------   -----    -------
    Apr 02     5.0        5.0
    Apr 05     4.3        9.3
    Apr 07     6.4       15.7
    Apr 08     4.3       20.0

exercise.png
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn Congrats on the PR!
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    April Running Challenge

4/1 Eagle Mt cleanup: picked up trash with the family for 2 hours, filled 6 trash bags between the 3 of us.
    4/2 13.1 mile run.
    4/3 Strength, 12.3 miles stationary bike, yoga
    4/4 9.8 miles stationary bike
    4/5 12.35 miles stationary bike
    4/6 40 minutes elliptical, 20 minutes stationary bike
    4/7 40 minute slow dog walk
    4/8 95 minutes of elliptical :s

Goal: 13.1 of 150

Completed Races:
    Cowtown Marathon (Full) Feb 26 (Registered): 3:54:06 / 8:56 min/mile

Upcoming Races:

Chicago Spring Half Marathon: May 21 (Registered)
    Run the Rails 5K June 3 (Tentative)
    XTERRA Jurassic Trail Run (HM at night) Jul 8 (Tentative)
    La Sportiva Vail Half Marathon: Jul 22 (Tentative)
    Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon: Oct 1 (Tentative)

Embrace the suck was my motto today. I like to maintain my cardio fitness, even when I'm on the mend. The worst thing is that there really is nothing interesting to look at. A parking lot or depressing news. (The ellipticals are right in front of the news TV.) I was actually glad when an infomercial came on for some veggie chopper thing!! Lol! It was better than reading what the idiotic news reporters are spinning these days. I wish they had TVs showing nature videos like as if I were trail running or something. So, i think I'll see if I can get my kindle to play a slide show of pictures. I can load my pics of our trip from Glacier National Park or other family trips, and that would be visually appealing and probably make me happier when using cardio equipment at the gym while I listen to my favorite tunes.
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    @9voice9 Are your quads still sore? 8 days after a workout seems quite long for it to come from a track workout. Although I've never done any track workouts - the only track even remotely close to my place is just 200m long, I'd go crazy running in such small circles! When I get sore quads, it's usually either from a bit of strength training (too many evil back lunges >:) ) or running down a long steep hill after a longish time without real downhills.
    Thanks! They're okay now (didn't really notice them another couple days past my post. I guess we'll see - I have the track workout again this (coming) week....
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options

After missing my goal 3 months in a row, I finally achieved (bested) my goal last month, having run 61.43 miles. This month my goal will be 50 miles.

My husband and I planned a trip to Nashville at the end of the month. We will probably be walking a lot. My husband doesn't share my love for running.

4/8......Today I planned a shorter run at. 6 miles but actually ran 8 miles today....just felt as though I was having a difficult time relaxing. I incorporated some tempo runs and mixed it with some short 15 second walks to bring my heart rate down. It was stressful week of work and unable to get a run in until today or a 6 day break between runs. I felt like I needed the extra distance just to work off the stress. I feel like i finished strong...just a little sore in gluteal region. Average pace was 12.75 minute miles with an average heart rate at 85% Max.

I hurried home to watch the Derby prep races...the Blue Grass was particularly disappointing. A real long shot won. Just a bunch of average race horses beating each other.

Also was picking up a partial shift for overtime but wasn't needed. I will try for a longer distance tomorrow...and then won't be able to run until the following Friday.
    4/8....8miles
    4/2....9 miles
    Total ....17 miles
    goal...50 miles

Indianapolis Mini Marathon (Half Marathon)....May 6th.

• mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    April Running challenge
    Goal: 100 km
    Ran: 33.6/100 km
    9/4/17 walk 7 km
    8/4/17 Run 3.8 km walk 2 km
    7/4/17 Run 7.4 km walk 3 km
    6/4/17 Run 8.4 km walk 9 km
    5/4/17 walk 9 km
    4/4/17 Run 7 km
    3/4/17 Run 7 km walk 6 km
    2/4/17 walk 3 km
    1/4/17 walk 7 km
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    07/04 - 3 mile Interval, Back & Core
    08/04 - sort of day off - only a 4.2 mile run after watching F1
    09/04 - post-F1 8 mile run, cut short by shopping delivery (was supposed to be 10 miler)

exercise.png

Completed
    11/03 - 10K Run The Solar System (thanks for the tip) - 52:01
    12/03 - TM Half Marathon (plugged in the MK HM route - attempt 1  ) - 1:54:02
    25/03 - TM Half Marathon (plugged in the MK HM route - attempt 2  ) - 1:53:53
    Coming up:
    • 15/04 - TM Half Marathon (plugged in the MK HM route - attempt 3)
    • 01/05 - Milton Keynes HM
    • 18/06 - Run-Bedford-Run - 10K
    • 02/09 - Bedford HM
    • 24/09 - Windsor HM
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ I'm so sorry to hear about your morning! I do hope you feel well enough to go for a cheer up run later!