Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    :::snarfing down some ice cream:::
    Coworker enters office: Um, you still on that whole weight loss thing..?
    Me: Actually I'm at maintenance. You gotta try this ice cream.
    Coworker: What kind of wizardry diet allows you to eat ice cream?!
    Me: I might have a Kat Kat later. Anyways you need something?

That makes me sad.
  • strifechick
    strifechick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Me! I will try to eat some healthly stuff but I can't give up all my junk food! I will generally keep my calories under control though!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    I posted on my status but let me share my advice here. At an appointment with a dr because I might have second degree burns on my head from my walk yesterday. First really nice day of the year but it wasn't that sunny...guess when you walk over two hrs it doesn't matter how sunny it is or isnt! Don't forget the sunscreen people lol do not!!!

Yikes! Hope it heals soon. Weather has been nice here as well. No sunburn yet but I definitely needed to reminder to stock up on sunscreen. I'm PASTY white.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Finally got to try the Reese's PB cups stuffed with Reese's Pieces. Not hugely impressed, but not bad.

Also did a big trip to Wegman's today. They had built one about 15 miles away from me several years ago, and although I love Wegman's, the traffic where I live makes that 15 miles feel like forever away. Finally buckled down and did my first trip - and bought tons of fun stuff that caught my eye. Yumm.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Chemo destroyed my teeth but cancer didn't get my life. Still learning to eat with dentures. I eat a lot of canned foods. I rinse out the salt, but I actually crave things like canned french cut green beans.They are soft. Love canned butter beans, Boston baked beans mixed with cottage cheese, Louisiana hot sauce drenched sardines with blue cheese dressing. I stay within the calorie limits most times, but I don't worry about GMO modified foods, or cholesterol, or preservatives very much. I do love the occasional creme filled pastry, all 500 calories gone in five bites! Oh yes, and Wild Berry Brandy of an evening with friends. And I had a small success, the other day I drove through a Hardee's fast burger joint,where I purchased a fish sandwich, and managed to eat it while driving on the way home, lettuce, tomato, bread, fish patty and all despite the plastic teeth. :#

I'm so proud of you for eating filthy even with the teeth! ;) Keep up the bad work!!! Lol. I support your message. And good luck with all your goals. :blush:
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    i finally tried halo top last night! and when i say "tried" i mean "ate a whole pint" it's not my fault that the lid was missing and i couldn't put it back in the freezer all naked after i peeled off the foil.

Uh-huh. Who did you pay to hide the lid? ;)
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    i finally tried halo top last night! and when i say "tried" i mean "ate a whole pint" it's not my fault that the lid was missing and i couldn't put it back in the freezer all naked after i peeled off the foil.

ha! we actually JUST got halo top at my publix and there was literally one single lonely and lidless pint of vanilla left in the whole section when i got there. it didn't even occur to me that something was amiss until i took it out of my freezer and realized there was no way to put it back in happily.
  • pinuplove
    Options

ha! we actually JUST got halo top at my publix and there was literally one single lonely and lidless pint of vanilla left in the whole section when i got there. it didn't even occur to me that something was amiss until i took it out of my freezer and realized there was no way to put it back in happily.

Wait you BOUGHT it lidless??
  • jessiferrrb
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

Wait you BOUGHT it lidless??

it had a foil seal and i had no basis for comparison
  • pinuplove
    Options
    OK, the seal makes more sense lol! I was getting a little worried for you :wink:
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    OK, the seal makes more sense lol! I was getting a little worried for you :wink:

You do what you gotta do for Halo Top.... :wink:
  • jessiferrrb
    Options

you guys got me worried like whoa too.

giphy.gif
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    I really tried to like Halo Top, because I wanted a less caloric alternative for ice cream. I just... can't. It doesn't satisfy my ice cream desire at all. I can eat a whole pint and just feel disappointed because it feels like I wasted a bunch of calories on something that was almost but not quite like ice cream.

Amen. I make room for real ice cream, currently Blue Bunny Cherrific Cheesecake. (I have multiple gallons of this stocked in my freezer right now :p )