Lunchtable for the nerdy (warning: only nerdy people allowed)

Options

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    You guys are all mathy people...I like all the sciences except math. In math class I was always trying to make up "my own math", lmao, no wonder I sucked. I would get the right answer usually, but lost marks for not following all the "steps"...
    I was good at artistic stuff tho.
    I honestly didn't get the concept of doing what I was told vs trying to "reinvent the wheel" 'till I was like 30, :confused:

I'm not a math person either. I never took Trig. :o
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    You guys are all mathy people...I like all the sciences except math. In math class I was always trying to make up "my own math", lmao, no wonder I sucked. I would get the right answer usually, but lost marks for not following all the "steps"...
    I honestly didn't get the concept of doing what I was told vs trying to "reinvent the wheel" 'till I was like 30, :confused:

Which of the sciences is your favorite? Did you say bio? Why bio?

I don't know, I just always found biology interesting, since I was a kid... I don't get grossed out easily (except by humans, lol) so maybe that is part of why I like it? I like animals too, and being an animal (human obviously), I feel like I have an interest in bio from that standpoint also. Medical stuff is interesting to me and useful info that I can incorporate into my life, to my benefit.

Weirdly tho in university I didn't love bio as much as the random science classes I took, Astronomy for non math students was the best class ever, by far. It made me sad that I suck at math to not be able to pursue it any farther. I also really liked mineralogy and GIS mapping, surprisingly to me, was one class I really loved.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »

I'm not a math person either. I never took Trig. :o

But you rock statistics!! If I felt confident in being able to pass a statistics class...You couldn't hold me back, lol.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    No one's mentioned extra curricular nerdy.

I went to a performing arts school and I was in a treble choir that practiced Mondays and Wednesdays 3:30 - 5:00 and I took choral class B)

I dig it! Although I'm not musically inclined whatsoever I have memorized Mary Had A Little Lamb on the piano

lol, I learned that one by myself on the piano too!
    and "come as you are" by Nirvana on the guitar all by myself too, lol
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I went to a performing arts school and I was in a treble choir that practiced Mondays and Wednesdays 3:30 - 5:00 and I took choral class B)

I dig it! Although I'm not musically inclined whatsoever I have memorized Mary Had A Little Lamb on the piano

Haha

Like how in elementary we all had to learn hot crossed buns on the recorder.

We had to learn "Greensleeves" ..teacher was tough ..lol
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    I don't remember what song we had to learn on the recorder...but we went to a championship, and I faked playing
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I was in marching band and symphonic band. I played clarinet and taught myself how to play sax. (Does this count as nerdy?)
  • Vikka_V
    Options

Which of the sciences is your favorite? Did you say bio? Why bio?

I don't know, I just always found biology interesting, since I was a kid... I don't get grossed out easily (except by humans, lol) so maybe that is part of why I like it? I like animals too, and being an animal (human obviously), I feel like I have an interest in bio from that standpoint also. Medical stuff is interesting to me and useful info that I can incorporate into my life, to my benefit.

Weirdly tho in university I didn't love bio as much as the random science classes I took, Astronomy for non math students was the best class ever, by far. It made me sad that I suck at math to not be able to pursue it any farther. I also really liked mineralogy and GIS mapping, surprisingly to me, was one class I really loved.

That's really cool! I love the cold, hard, mechanical mathematics lol. I do get grossed out easy so blood and tissue and bacteria is just BLEGH

I work in animal health care...gross is my everyday, day to day, lol.

I have a few friends who love mathematics, who find it fun. I appreciate that and admire their ability.
  • Vikka_V
    Options

lol, I learned that one by myself on the piano too!
    and "come as you are" by Nirvana on the guitar all by myself too, lol

I kept wanting to try guitar and never did *sad face*

If you can hear the notes on the piano, with little instruction you can do so on guitar too! :smile: It just hurts your fingers a bit
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Does this make me nerdy? Editing a video from the back yard and a green screen chicken together then sending it to my sister to convince her I got her a chicken. She hates/scared of chickens.

Ohh you are evil lol..love it :D