Lose 5 Pounds A Month July 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Looks like I won't screw it up this month after all! LOL.

I started at 200lbs.

I weighed myself today (although it's not official until Sunday), I'm at 191lbs, so MY goal of 10lbs a month is going to be hit by the end of next week.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    7/01/11: 189.8 lbs
    7/08/11: SKIP
    7/15/11: 192.0 lbs
    7/22/11: 188.4 lbs :smile:
    7/29/11:
    7/31/11:

Finally going in the right direction again. Still not quite to my lowest MFP weight yet, but I KNOW I will get there this week. We had another thunderstorm roll thru here last night so I'm going to go outside & get a run in before the HEAT comes back full force again today. I am sick of running on my dreadmill! :laugh:
  • run4life21
    run4life21 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Count me in
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    JustBreatheSB & taniux & BrunetteWife:

You all have been losing consistent each week and I wish I was doing the same! Slow and steady! Any tips???

I eat back at least half of my exercise calories and try to eat more fruits and veggies throughout the day I changed up my exercise routine too. I was doing weights and 30 day shred and once my 30days were up, I changed it up a bit and started doing more Just Dance 2 and elliptical. This week I started Bridge to 10k (a running plan) and soon I'll be doing kettlebells.

Oh and I swm 2x a week and do Zumba once a week for now. Hoping to up it an extra day soon :)
  • peechiz
    peechiz Posts: 15
    Options
    July is almost over...I'm kind of guessing it's too late to join so I will look out for the August challenge... but I did lose 5lbs this week (mon - today) :happy: :bigsmile: GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!!
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    7-2-11: 162.4
    7-9-11: 160.6
    7-16-11: 160
    7-23-11: 157
    Total loss for July so far: 5.4 lbs :happy:

150's! Woohoo!

We are celebrating my boyfriend's birthday tomorrow, and cake will be involved. I am a little bit nervous about it but hope that I can stick to my guns and only have one serving.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    7-2-11: 162.4
    7-9-11: 160.6
    7-16-11: 160
    7-23-11: 157
    Total loss for July so far: 5.4 lbs :happy:

150's! Woohoo!

We are celebrating my boyfriend's birthday tomorrow, and cake will be involved. I am a little bit nervous about it but hope that I can stick to my guns and only have one serving.

Yay, congrats!
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Thanks, Jenn! :flowerforyou:

It has to be said.... 140's, here we come!
  • Chocoholic72
    Chocoholic72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Amanda,

I know how you feel, my son's bday was yesterday, so we had cake thurs, fri and sat! So, tomorrow I am back on track, although I did gain any weight, I tried to adjust my calories cuz I knew I was eating cake!

I also found Fiber ONE brownies that are only 90 calories. I have been eating one every other day. They are REALLY good, considering that they are good for you and not too many calories. That is my treat, and seems to be enough to satisfy my chocolate cravings and my reward for sticking to 1300 cal per day!

I have been focusing on yogurt, cottage cheese, salads, eggs and low fat organic chocolate milk (after my workouts)

I have also been measuring my food: using the measuring cup really makes me see how much MORE I was eating, no wonder I wasn't losing weight. Now I count the pistachios, and measure the cottage cheese. Makes a difference!
  • nanberube
    nanberube Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    7/01 - 183.2
    7/08 - 183.4 (whoops)
    7/17 - 182
    7/23 - 180.8
    7/31 -
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Amanda,

I know how you feel, my son's bday was yesterday, so we had cake thurs, fri and sat! So, tomorrow I am back on track, although I did gain any weight, I tried to adjust my calories cuz I knew I was eating cake!

I also found Fiber ONE brownies that are only 90 calories. I have been eating one every other day. They are REALLY good, considering that they are good for you and not too many calories. That is my treat, and seems to be enough to satisfy my chocolate cravings and my reward for sticking to 1300 cal per day!

I have been focusing on yogurt, cottage cheese, salads, eggs and low fat organic chocolate milk (after my workouts)

I have also been measuring my food: using the measuring cup really makes me see how much MORE I was eating, no wonder I wasn't losing weight. Now I count the pistachios, and measure the cottage cheese. Makes a difference!

Darn birthday cake! I haven't seen the Fiber One brownies yet. Those sound awesome!! I will definitely look for them next time I am at the store. Thanks for the tip!
  • UCONNCOED
    UCONNCOED Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    Checking in this weekend to try and stay accountable. I did have a cheat day yesterday and ate a lot of bad foods... But I usually end up cheating all weekends, and this weekend I'm trying to break that habit. One cheat day is plenty! So today I will be getting in my 6th Insaity workout for the week (making it 2 weeks done completely) and ill be staying on track with eating and counting all my calories! Hope u all conquered the weekend and the cake ;)
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Not losing but life has been so busy that I have been more worried about maintaining. I am glad its Monday so I can rest up from a busy weekend.

Woke up to a power outage 4 am Friday. Kids were awake so no back to sleep. Saturday ran to farmers market to get cukes for making pickles. I hurried home as I could see a storm brewing on the horizon. BIg winds lots of rain. Power out again. Luckily I once the storm blew over and we went out a retrieved the pieces to my Little TIkes climbers out of my neighbors yards I could work on the cukes. I love having a gas stove. Then spent the afternoon working on stripping the deck which needs to be re stained. It is a dirty messy job.

Sunday was a flurry of activity and not going to bed earlier enough...so I am feeling a bit groggy this morning.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Terri
  • techymum
    techymum Posts: 168
    Options
    My weigh in today was better than I had expected after a week of holidays.

Have a good week everyone!

Jul 1: 167.5
    Jul 4: 167
    Jul 11: 169.5
    Jul 18: no idea - away on holidays
    Jul 25: 164.5
    Jul 31:
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    SW (6/26): 153
    7/2: 152
    7/9: 150.8
    7/16: 148.6
    7/23: 146.4

OMG, I cannot believe how much weight that I have lost in 1 month on MFP. 6.6 pounds in 1 month is AMAZING for someone so close to goal. I am looking forward to seeing when I get to my goal weight of 140 (6.4 pounds to go!).

I am considering raising my calorie goal settings to losing .5 a week, because I don't really like losing more than a pound a week, but I'm going to give it another couple of weeks before I make any changes.
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    July 1st. 144.4
    July 8th. 142.6
    July 15th. 143.4
    July 22nd 141.8
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Quick check in to say "Happy Monday" to all!!

I had a really busy weekend with most meals being eaten out. I was nervous with this morning's weigh in and was happy to see no change. Exercising and a ton of being out in the warm weather (a.k.a sweating my butt off) helped.

I'm travelling this week for work; hopefully the hotel will have healthy choices!
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    7/1/11 189.0 lbs
    7/12/11 185.8
    7/18/11 185.0
    7/25/11 183.4

Total 5.6 lbs

With luck it won't go up by next week. :)
  • lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello, Sorry I have been MIA. My daughter had a small surgery last week and I have been home taking care of her. I'm back at work today. Can't wait for the new month challenge to begin.
  • AlyxKerska
    Options
    Lets do it!