Does anyone not use there real pic for there profile? If so then why?

Options

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    My best friend telling me I reminded her of this guy in my avatar was probably the last straw before I finally decided to start losing weight. It felt like anytime anyone ever associated me with a character in a show/movie/book, it was always the fat guy.

I'm at a healthy BMI now, but looking at my avatar every day I logged into MyFitnessPal helped motivate me to push on even when I didn't want to.

Do you like Metallica? Love your name.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    I use the pic of me because it is so silly it makes me smile when I see it.

As for other people, it is up to them. I think an alternate image is quite interesting, but sometimes when someone asks a question I really wish there was at least a pic in their profile so I could address the question better.

There again I am a very visual person.

Cheers, h.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with people using random pictures, but people using someone else's picture is just really weird.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    My profile picture is me.....meow, meow ;)
  • VanessaB1225
    VanessaB1225 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't use another person's pic, but I don't show mine so I don't get all the weirdos messaging me and sending friend requests. It's worked wonders. I think most guys think I'm a dude because of my name. Lol!! ;)

Too true! :smile:
  • DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I chose my profile picture because it looks like me and I like the watercolor style of it. I thought about taking a picture of me in the same kind of pose. I may just try that!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Privacy
  • comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    that is totally me in the profile pic
  • diezel67
    diezel67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Don't want the ladies to go nuts over me lol nah love my boat.
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    It's very common in online forums. In the ones I've been a member of, a big majority of members use something other than a photo of themselves as their avatars.
  • AngelaRoberts1995
    AngelaRoberts1995 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a slither of my face, but basically my cat is prettier than me lol
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    diezel67 wrote: »
    Don't want the ladies to go nuts over me lol nah love my boat.

I like your boat to, it's beautiful!
  • 883xlsportster
    883xlsportster Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Different strokes for .....as the saying goes. I use mine so as to show off my vintage selfie taking machine ;-)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    well mine is of me, I dont like it, but to me it was the better one out of the bunch lol.
  • missmince
    missmince Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My best friend telling me I reminded her of this guy in my avatar was probably the last straw before I finally decided to start losing weight. It felt like anytime anyone ever associated me with a character in a show/movie/book, it was always the fat guy.

I'm at a healthy BMI now, but looking at my avatar every day I logged into MyFitnessPal helped motivate me to push on even when I didn't want to.

Your picture looks like the computer hacker in an anime I liked. So it's actually Metallica related? I picked a manga critter drinking sake because it was one of screensaver pictures I have on my computer. I have one of my bunny under my aerobic step on my computer too, but I wanted to preserve her privacy. B)

But the pictures of strangers with idealized bodies are a little odd to me. If it motivates a person to have an avatar like that, good for them. I just like cute avatars and like seeing people's pets and the like.

• alebalestra
    alebalestra Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is me and my husband at the Glaciar Perito Moreno.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I have a slither of my face, but basically my cat is prettier than me lol

Your cat IS gorgeous!
    Me at work, also me in pretty well all my profile photos (except the veggie owl - which I thought was kewl; and the gondolas, which I took when visiting family near Venice). I don't use my name though and there's only a hazy description of my whereabouts on my profile and some posts...