From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Options

Replies

• ejusmc
    ejusmc Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello MFPers!

I am 33 years old and 5'3". I started this difficult journey in Jan of 2014 at 205lbs and I had JUST hit a size 20!!! In Dec 2014, I got down to a size 8 and around 135lbs! I feel great and am loving who I am becoming now! I'm learning a TON and meeting a lot of great people in the process.

I came across MFP in June of last year. I have kept a moderate calorie deficit pretty consistently (500 or so each day), with my carbs and protein around 100g each while lifting weights regularly (in my home with my own collected equipment), 5-6 times/week. I didn't do much cardio, as I don't enjoy it. I do run on occasion though. I feel empowered now and I absolutely LOVE strength training! Planning to take new progress pics at the end of June so I'm looking forward to that. :)

Best wishes to you all, anything is possible if you don't give up! :heart:

fdfm4zk13syy.jpg

ofn9eb5b3li7.jpg

3thg10dkzn4h.jpg

mcs7xhgcpcti.jpg

jrkoda9hxmgh.png
    dum6683wmsay.jpg

Amazing !!!
  • Pooh973
    Pooh973 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Absolutely awesome job! Fit is beautiful. ]
  • TheRawMama
    TheRawMama Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'3 (and a size 20) and it's nice seeing what a size 8 could look like! =D
  • kenya50
    kenya50 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job and you look amazing!
  • Sol_Determine
    Sol_Determine Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Amazing keep the good work. What did you eat during your transformation and what are you eating now ?
  • dbgusmc
    dbgusmc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow you look incredible! Congrats on the weight loss. I am picking back up on my weight loss goals.
  • menotyou56
    menotyou56 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wow you are an inspiration for sure, WTG! Outstanding results!
  • kimmycupbb
    kimmycupbb Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!! For those with questions, please send me a message here or preferably Facebook, so I can help!! Feel free to friend me as well. I'm not always in the forums these days but I still want to guide you if you need it!
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    I lost the same amount in a year however I have a lot loose skin!! (On arm, stomach, inner thigh) How did you end up not having loose skin?57xbng0w2nl6.jpg

I do have lose skin and stretch marks! No one is perfect though so I don't let it hold me back.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Amazing inspiration- especially since you have obviously maintained for several years now. You rock :sunglasses:
  • GenElizabeth
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Amazing inspiration- especially since you have obviously maintained for several years now. You rock :sunglasses:

Thanks! Yes maintaining is important!! My baby will be 13 months old this Sunday and after gaining almost 50lbs during the pregnancy, I only have about 10 to go to reach pre baby weight again.

The results come by making it a lifestyle! Thanks for your comment.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I love weight training, even if I haven't seen the success you have.
  • GenElizabeth
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Luna3386 wrote: »
    Awesome!!! I love weight training, even if I haven't seen the success you have.

Hi Luna, that's great! I'd love to connect with you further if you'd like. I'll add you! Always enjoy meeting new fellow lifter lovers, lol. All the best to you! :smile:

Edited to add: Looks like we are friends here on MFP already!! I'll message you instead :smiley:
  • Clo_Buffie
    Clo_Buffie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your inspiration.. this has really helped me just knowing that it can be done.
  • davenfarts88
    davenfarts88 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    very insperatinoal I am working hard and very determined to get healthy and fit for myself as well as my family I've noticed cardio holds no interest to me I do it but I really like spending my time over at the weighted machines up right rows, leg press, hip abduction, I thought maybe I'm taking the wrong approach now I see that what I want to do can be achieved with proper deficit and strength training Thank you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!