• CarlyIrene415
    CarlyIrene415 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    No effing way..
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a keeper to me!

That said. One of my prerequisites was the girl had to be into fitness in a big way... so, that would have ticked a big box haha!
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    I love all these long responses lol

It's the second date not a big deal just go run with the guy!
  • strebor337
    strebor337 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have actually asked guys if they'd like to join me on a run in the past! There was no 'assessing their fitness level out' etc involved. I used to run and enjoyed it and thought it would be a good way to hangout and get to know someone..and penultimately, it was!

I travel for business and often invite my coworkers to go out running with me. They always seem worried about keeping up, but I don't mind running slower as long as I'm crying the exercise in. It's a healthier way to bond than eating out, and I've found that it's a fun way to experience the different places we travel to.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Lana_me wrote: »
    Are you a runner?

I was back in high-school. Not any more to be honest.

That makes this a very odd date request. If you were both currently runners with similar speed (so you could talk while running), this would make more sense. As others have said, suggest going walking, hiking, kayaking, etc.

Unless she said what's in her profile - that she wants to train for a half marathon - on the first date.

I'd go on a running date. It would be a lot of fun. Nice jog at a pace where talking is possible, stop and do some other exercises periodically. Enjoy the outdoors. It sounds loads better than the typical meal-and-a-movie approach.
  • strebor337
    Options
    I used to travel for work a lot too (different occupation now) but I do travel a lot for fun as I love it. Any date I have initiated always involves getting out and about, preferably in nature so wether that takes the form of running, walking, swimming, surfing; I just think environmentally it's the perfect setting.

The alternative is going out to eat someplace where I always spend more and eat more than I would otherwise... or being a longer and running/eating by myself. I run faster and farther and easy better when I'm alone, but it's never as enjoyable.
  • strebor337
    Options
    Stupid autocorrect.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Be safe!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    Depends, what did you do on first date?
    Lift weights?

Drank coffee.

You call THAT a "date"? Lame
    Did he buy your coffee?

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Does he want to help you train for a half marathon? If he is aware of your skill level, has a public running trail/track in mind, then whyever not?

You stated yourself, that you have a tendency to take "the lazy" approach. He runs...You obviously want to rebuild yourself to running proper again, 2 birds one stone.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I have never been on a running date, I don't think I would want to either. I like to shower immediately after running, so there is that.

It was already mentioned above about some guys being competitive, that would be a consideration for me.

I had an ex who made everything a competition, and doing anything athletic with him was not fun, he'd constantly be telling me to keep up or saying I wasn't doing whatever right. That was my experience with athletic excursions with a guy.

Funny, I've never wanted to try anything like that with anyone else again. I am a solo exerciser exclusively.
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I met him online. Now he's asking me to go for a run.

Have you ever been on a running date? How it turned out for you? Would you go on a running date?

thats awesome!! i meet ppl that just want to go ut to eat! he's active and wants to include u!! that means alot, i hope u take him up on his offer!
  • abrubru
    abrubru Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you're not going to feed me on a second date, I don't see us having a future.

I agree. It almost feels like the guy is trying to get out of a proper date where he dines and wines you before sex.
    Unless he likes sweaty sex

Who doesn't like sweaty sex? :o My second date with my ex-husband was rollerblading...I like active dates, but we were not well matched for exercise as we didn't really like the same things.
  • Lana_me
    Lana_me Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    brettr23 wrote: »
    Do you like running?

Basically yes. I'm just out of shape now.
  • Lana_me
    Lana_me Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    strebor337 wrote: »
    Did you happen to mention on the first date that you used to be a runner back in the day?

Yes, I did.