I'm devastated and need help :'(

Options
Hello everyone,

I'm disappointed and devastated and need help. I'm 41 female 5' 7" and had my 4th baby 2 years ago. I lost 72 pounds before in 2010-2012 ( 235-160) and kept it off for 3 years before I get pregnant again. I gained more than 80 pounds in this pregnancy, I lost already 50 in 2 years now and I went from 258 to 200 and now I'm stuck. My weight fluctuates between 200-205 for over 6 months now. I have tried low carb, counting calories ( 1400/ day) and I workout 5-6 days a week. I do T25 and the Hammer and the chisel. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. My weakest point is the desserts and I'm trying to control it as much as I can but seriously losing this weight is killing me. It seems that I'm losing inches since ever one is telling me that, however, I need to see this on the scale. I will open my food diary to all of you to review and guide me. I will update this post every day if I found responses from you guys. I'm at a point where I think to give up so please help me. Thank you in advance

Replies

• Finallyfit1976
    Finallyfit1976 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Diary is not open.

do you weigh all of your food on a scale? If not, I'm guessing you're eating more than you think you are.

I just opened it now: smile:

I weigh everything using my kitchen scale, however, I didn't record my food in the past few days. I will get back to record my food here starting tomorrow Wednesday.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request.
  • Finallyfit1976
    Options
    Sending you a friend request.

please check your inbox :smile:
  • HonestNikki
    HonestNikki Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If dessets are the problem, then maybe just leave the room before they're brought out? It might suck to miss out, but it works. Sometimes stuff sucks. If you're the main cook, then tell someone else to do the sweet stuff for you. Put your own health above other people's sweet tooth.
  • Finallyfit1976
    Options
    If dessets are the problem, then maybe just leave the room before they're brought out? It might suck to miss out, but it works. Sometimes stuff sucks. If you're the main cook, then tell someone else to do the sweet stuff for you. Put your own health above other people's sweet tooth.

Yes, you are right. But I can control this most of the times. The problem is that I don't know what am I doing wrong ? Is it ok to have sweets as long as they are in my calories budget?

• Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Check with your health insurance to see if a nutritionist is fully covered. I didn't know for years mine was. I think Obama passed something that covers it under most plans. Worth a fiver minute call.
  • Finallyfit1976
    Options
    sunsweet77 wrote: »
    Check with your health insurance to see if a nutritionist is fully covered. I didn't know for years mine was. I think Obama passed something that covers it under most plans. Worth a fiver minute call.

I'm in Canada and the nutritionist is not covered by insurance. However, there is one dietician who does and he follows low carb diet. I did that for few months and it worked and then I had this plateau for several months after. In addition, I found that following low carb diet is not my thing any more. I need something to stick with it for the long term and not just for few months.
  • Finallyfit1976
    Options
    If desserts are the problem, then maybe just leave the room before they're brought out? It might suck to miss out, but it works. Sometimes stuff sucks. If you're the main cook, then tell someone else to do the sweet stuff for you. Put your own health above other people's sweet tooth.

Yes, you are right. But I can control this most of the times. The problem is that I don't know what am I doing wrong ? Is it ok to have sweets as long as they are in my calories budget?

For weight alone, it is. Calories in, calories out. Many times sweets have much more milk or butter than people are aware of. It's also surprising how much can be in just a little extra cake frosting. It's safest to stay away, but if you really crave sweets, the best bet for accuracy, I've found is those little prepackaged snacks. It's not that they're any healthier, but you have a better chance of logging your food correctly in this case.

Yes, I agree with you.

I will do this

Thank you
  • skellymama1
    skellymama1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Also meant to add if you make your own desserts you will know exactly what's in it and can work it into your calories. Happy days you can have your cake and eat it!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,138 Member
    Options
    I agree with Francl27 - if you aren't accurately logging all your food, there is no way to know what you're doing.

I would add - don't believe the database on this site, the items are (mostly) user-entered. Check and verify items against the USDA database and use the most accurate means of measurement. If in fact you were eating 1400 calories, you would be losing at a steady rate. On those exercise days, you can eat a couple hundred more for each hour you exercise. Enter your exercise in the "Exercise" page and eat some or most of that amount earned by exercise.

It's not as fast for any of us as we would like, but it does require discipline.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    ...My weakest point is the desserts...
    In certain amounts (not sure the exact amount) sugar will increase my appetite. I went through an ice cream phase and most recently a crunch and munch phase. During those phases I was always over my calories; sometimes a little and sometimes much more.
    Last week I limited dessert to the weekend and was down 2.6 lbs and had not gone over my calories.
    Sugar is killing you in more ways than one.