Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Replies

• chris_james17
    chris_james17 Posts: 52 Member
    Had to for my job.
  • Akmauser
    Akmauser Posts: 51 Member
    Culmination of things really.

About to graduate college (one class left) and my career field of choice likes skinny people. While there is some over weight guys working in the field, they are the old timers and weren't always that big. Also my wife is skinny and likes to be active when she feels well enough. My kids deserve a dad that has enough energy to take them hiking, camping, etc. Had gallbladder issues (surgery) last year and probably didn't need to have it removed if my weight was under control.

I also have asthma. Was real lean and fit. Used to run track, ride BMX, water sports, etc, back in high school. Asthma was easier to handle when I wasn't so easily winded. I miss that running high I used to get every day.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    ArkMom35 wrote: »
    When my daughter became obsessed with food and wanted snacks constantly. I sadly realized she was mimicking me and I had to stop.

I love this one. Good for you!
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    I don't think there was a huge AHA moment; rather, a quieter realization that continuing to put on 5 or so lbs per year would negatively impact my health and my physical ability to actively participate in life!
  • rhianna1989
    rhianna1989 Posts: 0 Member
    I need to stop now before I get much bigger..
  • electricmeel
    electricmeel Posts: 2 Member
    I guess it's a combination between vanity and health :#
    I'm also very self conscious of my looks and got to a point I didn't like what I saw (big cheeks and wide hips), some self-criticism and binge eating worried me so I decided to give it a serious start.
  • katrinanne
    katrinanne Posts: 20 Member
    Couldn't fit into my fav jeans anymore....sob
  • thesqueedler
    thesqueedler Posts: 2 Member
    Mine's also kind of boring. I used to be nearly 200 lbs. I lost about 40 lbs. I'm not sure if there was a single "aha!" moment, but having to squeeze into an airline seat, and needing to shop at Lane Bryant finally sunk in. I've been see-sawing between 157-165 for about 15 years, and when I met my husband I got up to 168, which made me worry (he's Italian - all that pasta!!!). The other thing is I have foot problems, and if I'm lighter then the foot problems will not be so bad. I'm 49 so I don't want to cause myself more joint and foot problems as I age, so that it makes getting enough exercise difficult.
  • fmaracle_89
    fmaracle_89 Posts: 3 Member
    My story is I got diagnosed with P.C.O.S last year and it scared me. My boyfriend and I want to start a family in two in half years. I was devastated! The more research I did I found with excersise and eating healthier P.C.O.S can be reversed.
  • midnightsky1
    midnightsky1 Posts: 24 Member
    I dont feel confident in my own skin being overweight and getting ready for a night out and not feeling Confident was a wake up call to do something about it. Not sure if it's the right reason but it's the reason lol. And I want to feel like a look good for myself
  • dougl004
    dougl004 Posts: 99 Member
    Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there. The healthy habits you are setting now will hopefully give you many many active years with your beautiful children #HealthyHabits
  • beanz744
    beanz744 Posts: 221 Member
    cant wear anything in my closet n didnt want to throw them away :p:p
  • MOJayhawker
    MOJayhawker Posts: 8 Member
    I was recently diagnosed as insulin resistant, with high cholesterol and triglycerides and high blood pressure, topping the scale at 275. I've managed to get the BP and cholesterol under control with the help of meds but losing even a few pounds has been impossible unless I starve. So I decided to follow my doctor's low carb diet while limiting my caloric intake as well. It's hard to follow since I can't have sugar, artificial sweeteners, breads, or potatoes. I'm just finishing my 7th day in a row coming under budget and with 7500+ steps/day, I'm hoping this will be the solution.
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    To feel better by lowering blood sugar numbers is what got me exercising and eating right. Weight loss came as a nice bonus of a more balanced life style. Now its a healthy obsession :smile: