May 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    karllundy wrote: »
    @7lenny7 - Well, I don't do ALL of those things. I never run in place while I wait for the light to change. Just stand there looking annoyed.

@karllundy neither do I and seeing someone do that, which is very rare, annoys the piss out of me. I feel embarrassed for those people!

I like to stand as still as possible, do some deep diaphragmatic breathing and see how low I can get my HR before the light turns green.

• KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 - Well, I don't do ALL of those things. I never run in place while I wait for the light to change. Just stand there looking annoyed.

Yup, I do that too. The nerve of those cars to get in my way. smh
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    New shoes arrived today! Going to put them through their paces on my 9 mile run tomorrow morning, with 3 miles in the middle at tempo pace. If tomorrow's 9 work out, I'll risk them on my 19 on Saturday.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

Yup, I do that too. The nerve of those cars to get in my way. smh

Sometimes, I need the break to slow down and catch my breath anyway. Other times, I'll change my route slightly. If anyone were ever to hack into the street lights in order to trick me into ending up at a certain place, I could fall for it.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn excited to here about how your new shoes wear! I was planning on buying a new pair of Guide 10's to break in for Banff but now there isn't time. I'll get on that before CDR hopefully :/

@skippygirlsmom that blister article shames me hard haha!

@KatieJane83 I might have missed this (sorry if I have!) but what does your costume look like??? Those runs always look so fun to me!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »

@karllundy neither do I and seeing someone do that, which is very rare, annoys the piss out of me. I feel embarrassed for those people!

I like to stand as still as possible, do some deep diaphragmatic breathing and see how low I can get my HR before the light turns green.

I just pace back and forth until the light changes.
    I get annoyed at people who don't look for pedestrians when turning right on red :neutral:
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Oh no, you guys... I bought 3 pairs of on sale trail shoes this weekend but only anticipated fitting into/liking one of the three. And then they arrived and two of the three pairs fit great and look amazing, and of course it's the two more expensive ones (and both Nike which I'm not even a Nike fan and typically avoid them at all costs!). Do I play favorites and send one back, or bite the bullet and keep both despite the protests of my wallet?

g4d40dab1wwk.jpg

If they were on sale and you love them, keep them! You save the cost down the road when you have to buy your next pair anyway.
  • MNLittleFinn
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @kristinegift Keep them both, and leave one set in reserve for later.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @kristinegift - This isn't really the kind of group that would suggest you save your wallet and skip out on running shoes you would like to have. Part of me suspects you know this, meaning you are already planning on keeping them once enough of us give sufficient cause. So I say keep them not only as an investment against future shoe costs, but also as a reward for your recommital to running. They can also serve as incentive to keep you running since you already paid for them and all. :smile: That's at least 3 great reasons. You can blame me and the others if your budget gets a bit tight. We're here for you like that! :smiley:
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    @zdyb23456 @MNLittleFinn @WhatMeRunning I like the way you all think. I mostly just need a heartier pair of trail shoes for the longer runs that my Sketchers can't handle, but also TREAT YO SELF! ;)
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @zdyb23456 @MNLittleFinn @WhatMeRunning I like the way you all think. I mostly just need a heartier pair of trail shoes for the longer runs that my Sketchers can't handle, but also TREAT YO SELF! ;)
    Exactly. Don't do what I did and wait for a pair to retire, be proactive and keep all the shoes you get!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @kristinegift they are beautiful, I'd keep them both. The universe is trying to tell you you deserve two pairs by making them both perfect ;)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    2---3.11

10th-15th in Georgia.

3.11/50+

UPCOMING RACES

May 27- XTERRA Rock Dallas Trail Run. 5k.
    July 8- XTERRA Jurassic Trail Run, 5K.  Glen Rose,TX
    Dec 2- POOP trail run, Hoping for a half! Norman OK.
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    10th-15th in Georgia.
    13-May: Battle of Byron 5K, GEICO/Special Olympics 5K (Macon), Back the Blue Glow Run 5K/10K (Warner Robins)

Just FYI.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    5.1.17 - 5.7.17 - Continue taper for 3 marathons over 4 weeks.

M - 1 m. Plus Elliptical/Biking/Walking/Steps.
    T - 3.5 m. Still recovering. Quads sore.
    W -
    T -
    F -
    S -
    S - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH.
    Total - miles for the week

roz11i1jp7us.jpg

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    5.1.17 - 5.7.17 - Continue taper for 3 marathons over 4 weeks.

Holy smokes! Good luck! Looking forward to hearing how it goes. :smile: I'm planning something similar this fall.