How often do YOU eat fast food/takeout/restaurant food?

Options

Replies

• Antmaril
    Antmaril Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am retired and widowed, so eating out with friends is my entertainment. I eat lunch out at least three times a week and dinner out is at least the same. I have lost 30 pounds and am maintaining that loss. I am not on a diet. I just try to make the best choice possible most of the time. When I eat lunch or dinner in a restaurant, my other meal is usually lighter to make up the difference. It is a balancing act.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    I might have a cheat meal like pizza once a week. Other than that meal prep, chicken, tacos, pork, etc.
  • stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This winter/early spring I only ate fast food a handful of times, but as the weather gets warmer and my kids Summer activities start, I will probably eat fast food a little more (I am aiming for no more than once a week though). As a family we eat at a sit down restaurant usually once a week.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Almost never ... although we have an agreement that we will eat out once a month so my wife doesn't go insane lol
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    I'm just curious about what other people's eating habits are like!

How often do you cook your own meals vs. get your meals elsewhere?

I eat out 1 meal per week usually. Lunch on Saturday or Sunday.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Never except when we travel and after three or four days of restaurant food I'm good for 6 months of home cooking!
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I eat out 2-3 times a week, which is usually the weekends.
  • JLASilver
    JLASilver Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I eat out at a minimum of 5-7 times a week. I make breakfast and meal prep lunches but dinner I often grab out. I work in Food and Bev so I'm constantly needing to try new restaurants, which can be challenging on the calories I am allotted per day.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Lately, only once a week.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Fast food and takeout - never
    Out to dinner - about once a month unless I'm on vacation.
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    I really like how regulated the subway formulas are though. We have a certain # of slices of meat, cheese, and veggies (unless you request more veggies for free, of course that doesn't change the cals too much!) and sauce.

Sadly I used to like to go get a footlong veggie, no cheese, and I went to the one near my work. The woman put four tiny tomato slices on the whole footlong and a tiny sprinkling of lettuce (this was before even adding the other veggies). I asked "since it's no cheese could I please get a little more veggies on it?" And she said "No, we can't give extra." I was so disappointed, so I stopped going.

• nevadavis1
    Options
    For me I prep and bring my lunch and breakfast to work and make dinner at home most nights. My husband really wants to eat out for dinner every saturday night and often likes to try new places, so that can get tricky.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    nevadavis1 wrote: »
    I really like how regulated the subway formulas are though. We have a certain # of slices of meat, cheese, and veggies (unless you request more veggies for free, of course that doesn't change the cals too much!) and sauce.

Sadly I used to like to go get a footlong veggie, no cheese, and I went to the one near my work. The woman put four tiny tomato slices on the whole footlong and a tiny sprinkling of lettuce (this was before even adding the other veggies). I asked "since it's no cheese could I please get a little more veggies on it?" And she said "No, we can't give extra." I was so disappointed, so I stopped going.

That's weird! My local Subways have no issues adding extra veggies on request. They'll let you really load it up.
  • nevadavis1
    Options
    Although I used to cook for my husband (and me) a lot and since I've been trying to lose I'm only cooking for me and he's relying on frozen dinners and veggie burgers because I'm making a lot of salads and he doesn't care for them. I do cook for both of us on friday nights, veggie burritos, but I eat the leftovers from that and he'll eat something else.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    nevadavis1 wrote: »

That happened to me at a Subway I used to live by. I took a picture of the sandwich emailed HO and never went back to that location. Subway is a franchise, but they still have to follow the rules, and restricting the amount of veggies you get is not part of the rules.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Pretty rarely. I always have food prep'd and ready to eat in the house, so it would be less convenient (and $$$) to eat out regularly. Mostly- if I eat out, it will be after a group cycling event (to socialize).
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I eat out once every few months, except if i'm on vacation.
    I make my own meals from scratch 2-3 times a week(something like meat and potatoes/pasta),and make double or triple servings so i can eat for 2-3 days.The remaining days i will eat something like tortillas with ham and cheese, or store bought soup,or homemade sandwiches. So i still prepare them at home, i just use things that don't actually require cooking( just warming up).
    I mix and match things. Like i will boil eggs one day, and eat 2 a day using them as a part of my meal either in a sandwich, or in a salad. Or i will microwave some vegetables and eat those with a can of tuna.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I used to eat Wendy's daily but now I've been making my lunch, my macros haven't changed though so weight loss has been the same. Just a little easier on my wallet and I have more time to walk on my lunch vs go to drive thru.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Probably average about twice a week for lunch - if I forgot to bring lunch or have plans with a colleague or something. Most of our lunch choices are "fast" or takeout - one of my best friends has a serious chick-fil-a problem, so if I meet her, we go there. Every single time. It's pretty rare that those are "cheat" meals, though - I like the grilled nuggets at CFA, and the salads at Wendy's. There's a Salata downstairs from my office, or I might pick up sushi which is pretty low-cal (but also low-protein, much to my dismay). The only time fast food/takeout is a "poor choice" is when someone suggests burgers. But if that happens, it's one of the GOOD burger places, and it's 100% worth it.

Pretty much never, other than that. Maybe pizza, with the kids, once in a while.