New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited May 2017
    hgycta wrote: »
    Decided to try one of the ProYo ice creams from shoprite. The Dutch Chocolate is PHENOMENAL. For not having mix-ins I love it more than halo top and enlightened, it has a great texture and darker cocoa flavor. However, it has close to 450 calories per container and it's a little smaller than half a pint so I'm not sure if it's fair to compare them (although it was filled to the brim)! Still, 5/5 and I'm returning to see if they have more flavors. The xylitol didn't taste weird at all and I didn't even miss it not having erythritol it tasted plenty sweet! I'm honestly blown away I just wish they had more interesting flavors x5cai66uznyn.jpg

It looks good but I draw the line at 400 calories a pint!

Regarding the new 280 calories chocolate Halo Top pint - I really have no idea what the difference is. It's the same as I remember. I still think it's fishy and that they're hiding a nutrition mistake in their old label behind a so-called 'new formula'.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    leajas1 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

As for the "new" sea salt caramel Halo Top pint that has 40 more calories, I'm on the fence with the taste. Texture-wise, I prefer the older pints. This new one was a lot easier to thaw and right out of the freezer I could eat it, but it didn't get nearly as hard as the 280 calorie pint had and I enjoyed that density. If you let this new pint sit on the counter, it might actually become TOO soft, so be careful fellow regular Halo Top eaters! It's not filled as high as you can see, but perhaps I got an unlucky pint. Overall I'd have to do side by side comparison to see how much it changed in regards to flavor, but I *think* it might have more of a buttery/saltier caramel flavor? Looking at the older pint's nutrition I logged, the sodium content is the same so maybe it's jut me. The new pint has 2 more grams of sugar and 1 less gram of protein per serving, so minor differences. Unfortunately, there's still no extra swirls, it didn't even have that small glob in the middle like I'm used to. I miss the old sea salt caramel pint based on this experience, but I'm curious what you all will think of the other flavors (and this one if your experience is different).

It still tastes a bit too artificial to me but it's not bad... but probably not enough to warrant a repeat purchase. I got a small swirl in my pint but it wasn't really noticeable (there was a bigger one at the bottom but it wasn't huge either). Honestly overall it just doesn't really taste like caramel to me, just a small aftertaste of it. Honestly not sure why it has 320 calories.

I tried the caramel M&Ms and I'm not overly impressed. Just tastes cheap.

Have you tried the Enlightened sea salt caramel? It's really good. They have it in pints, but I really enjoy the single serving bars - it seems bigger than just 1/4 of the pint container so I feel like I"m getting more.

Yeah and they taste too artificial to me too.

As for the "new" sea salt caramel Halo Top pint that has 40 more calories, I'm on the fence with the taste. Texture-wise, I prefer the older pints. This new one was a lot easier to thaw and right out of the freezer I could eat it, but it didn't get nearly as hard as the 280 calorie pint had and I enjoyed that density. If you let this new pint sit on the counter, it might actually become TOO soft, so be careful fellow regular Halo Top eaters! It's not filled as high as you can see, but perhaps I got an unlucky pint. Overall I'd have to do side by side comparison to see how much it changed in regards to flavor, but I *think* it might have more of a buttery/saltier caramel flavor? Looking at the older pint's nutrition I logged, the sodium content is the same so maybe it's jut me. The new pint has 2 more grams of sugar and 1 less gram of protein per serving, so minor differences. Unfortunately, there's still no extra swirls, it didn't even have that small glob in the middle like I'm used to. I miss the old sea salt caramel pint based on this experience, but I'm curious what you all will think of the other flavors (and this one if your experience is different).

It still tastes a bit too artificial to me but it's not bad... but probably not enough to warrant a repeat purchase. I got a small swirl in my pint but it wasn't really noticeable (there was a bigger one at the bottom but it wasn't huge either). Honestly overall it just doesn't really taste like caramel to me, just a small aftertaste of it. Honestly not sure why it has 320 calories.

Have you tried the Enlightened sea salt caramel? It's really good. They have it in pints, but I really enjoy the single serving bars - it seems bigger than just 1/4 of the pint container so I feel like I"m getting more.

You're a super taster! My mom is too - it makes things difficult.

I'm not a super taster & also thought the regular Enlightened caramel flavor was sickeningly sweet in an artificial kind of way.

Now the Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch was awesome!

The only three Enlightened pints I've really loved were Triple Chocolate, Red Velvet Cake (would've been even more awesome with some mix-ins besides the swirl), & the Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch.

Does the oatmeal have the raw oatmeal in it light the Halo Top does? If so, I can't do that - it's a texture thing. But the others sound amazing! Regarding Enlightened, I've tried the chocolate peanut butter, mint chocolate chip, and salted caramel and I love them all!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member

I'm not a super taster & also thought the regular Enlightened caramel flavor was sickeningly sweet in an artificial kind of way.

The only three Enlightened pints I've really loved were Triple Chocolate, Red Velvet Cake (would've been even more awesome with some mix-ins besides the swirl), & the Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch.

Does the oatmeal have the raw oatmeal in it light the Halo Top does? If so, I can't do that - it's a texture thing. But the others sound amazing! Regarding Enlightened, I've tried the chocolate peanut butter, mint chocolate chip, and salted caramel and I love them all!

The Oatmeal Cookie Halo Top literally made me gag with the raw oatmeal it it. :s I was so looking forward to it.
  • Francl27

I like all the 400 calories pint for Enlightened but that's pretty much it I think, lol. The caramel oatmeal cookie crunch was decent but again, it had that artificial taste because of the caramel!

About Halo Top, I'm still torn about their oatmeal one. I LOVE the base, but it would be better without the cookie bits.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    http://time.com/4770605/firework-oreos/

The novelty product marks the start of Oreo's interest in innovating beyond their usual wacky flavor rollouts. This time, they want to crowdsource their next hit — offering up to $500,000 as a prize for the person who comes up with the best concept, which will be put into production. (Creative tastemakers are supposed to submit their ideas on Instagram or Twitter with the #MyOreoCreation #Contest hashtags, in case you're so inclined to contribute.) Some flavors we've noted so far include raspberry danish and "Broadway" (thanks, Tituss Burgess!), but the contest is just getting started.

Um, where's my $500,000 dollars Nabisco j/king haha. They could at least give me a free package.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited May 2017

I hate the raw oats in Halo Top's oatmeal flavored pint! Luckily Enlightened's doesn't have that at all, it's crunchy oatmeal raisin cookie pieces - DELICIOUS! The caramel swirls are slightly artificial tasting, but overall I'm head over heels for Enlightened's version. If you like Enlightened's salted caramel you'll definitely adore it.
    Decided to try one of the ProYo ice creams from shoprite. The Dutch Chocolate is PHENOMENAL. For not having mix-ins I love it more than halo top and enlightened, it has a great texture and darker cocoa flavor. However, it has close to 450 calories per container and it's a little smaller than half a pint so I'm not sure if it's fair to compare them (although it was filled to the brim)! Still, 5/5 and I'm returning to see if they have more flavors. The xylitol didn't taste weird at all and I didn't even miss it not having erythritol it tasted plenty sweet! I'm honestly blown away I just wish they had more interesting flavors x5cai66uznyn.jpg

Regarding the new 280 calories chocolate Halo Top pint - I really have no idea what the difference is. It's the same as I remember. I still think it's fishy and that they're hiding a nutrition mistake in their old label behind a so-called 'new formula'.

I feel like you have the most sensitive taste buds out of us all, so if you didn't notice a flavor difference it had to be a nutritional mislabeling! Was the texture any different? Any softer? The Sea Salt Caramel pint didn't get nearly as dense as the previous pints from what I remember, but I was at Shoprite yesterday and noticed the newer chocolate pints and felt one, it seemed about as dense as I remember which is strange.
  • Francl27

I hate the raw oats in Halo Top's oatmeal flavored pint! Luckily Enlightened's doesn't have that at all, it's crunchy oatmeal raisin cookie pieces - DELICIOUS! The caramel swirls are slightly artificial tasting, but overall I'm head over heels for Enlightened's version. If you like Enlightened's salted caramel you'll definitely adore it.

I feel like you have the most sensitive taste buds out of us all, so if you didn't notice a flavor difference it had to be a nutritional mislabeling! Was the texture any different? Any softer? The Sea Salt Caramel pint didn't get nearly as dense as the previous pints from what I remember, but I was at Shoprite yesterday and noticed the newer chocolate pints and felt one, it seemed about as dense as I remember which is strange.

Same texture as I remembered!
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    arya8 wrote: »
    Anyone tried Almond Chocolate Crunch Halo Top? I just had it and it tasted so weird. It's my least favorite flavor. It doesn't help that I hate almond flavors!

Why would you buy something that's almond flavored if you don't like almond? I like that one, but it does taste like artificial almonds, and for the calories I'd just rather have the chocolate one.

Honestly I've never tried anything mint or lemon from either of those companies because I don't like those flavors in the first place.

I made a mistake lol I didn't read the flavor but the color of the pint is similar to plain chocolate. Husband liked it so he ate most of it.
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    Edy's caramel delight is amazing! I often indulge in this flavor and it even comes in a small package. It's so worth it! I even sometimes get the large container and just eat a cup of it, or the smaller container and finish the whole thing.
  • Debmomto5
    Debmomto5 Posts: 12 Member
    Hope228 wrote: »
    I just saw this on twitter
    fmar6n793omu.jpg

My kids and I liked these :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,571 Member
    Hope228 wrote: »
    I just saw this on twitter
    fmar6n793omu.jpg

My kids and I liked these :)

My local Target doesn't have it in the store yet but it can be ordered off the website. I don't know why I'm so eager to buy them. I'm wayyyyyyyyy behind on my cookies expiration date wise. :)
  • varia2u
    varia2u Posts: 39 Member
    Not sure it's new, but it's new to me. Swerve sugar replacement. It's not bitter and works well for baking.
  • BigBadVanna
    BigBadVanna Posts: 65 Member
    Picked this up today at Kroger. Excited to try it. Pizza for dinner, maybe!
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member

Please let us know what you think. I see it all the time at the store and have yet to try it.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited May 2017
    Tried the vanilla bean ProYo ice cream tonight. As far as lower calorie protein ice creams go, I'd give it a 8/10 [lost two points for being 120 calories a serving compared to 70-100]. Very delicious vanilla bean flavor and the ice cream was dense/creamy like a premium ice cream would be. No artificial flavoring or anything, I would definitely get it again! However, compared with Halo Top/Enlightened it has way more calories (a little over 400 for something that isn't even an entire pint) so I'm still not ranking it up there with those brands, but it seems like that's what they're going for. Perhaps with more flavors to choose from, but really this isn't something I'd go out of my way for too often. The dutch chocolate is still my favorite between that and this vanilla flavor - if you're getting this ice cream and those are your only options, definitely get the chocolate, but you won't regret getting the vanilla if that's the only thing there. If anyone tries the other flavors let me know what you think, I give up on trying to find them for the time being!
    fcl7lmb3zbcr.png
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member

I'm eager to hear how you liked it. It looks pretty good!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    New Ben & Jerry's flavor
    mtnkh5n95t6x.png

I introduced one of my clients to Ben & Jerry's last night--he had never had it before. I am evil.