New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    g66jv8za0xqs.png

Do we have an ETA on these?

Sometime this summer.

I thought they were already out and the fireworks oreos were coming out around July (I'm assuming that part.)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

As for the "new" sea salt caramel Halo Top pint that has 40 more calories, I'm on the fence with the taste. Texture-wise, I prefer the older pints. This new one was a lot easier to thaw and right out of the freezer I could eat it, but it didn't get nearly as hard as the 280 calorie pint had and I enjoyed that density. If you let this new pint sit on the counter, it might actually become TOO soft, so be careful fellow regular Halo Top eaters! It's not filled as high as you can see, but perhaps I got an unlucky pint. Overall I'd have to do side by side comparison to see how much it changed in regards to flavor, but I *think* it might have more of a buttery/saltier caramel flavor? Looking at the older pint's nutrition I logged, the sodium content is the same so maybe it's jut me. The new pint has 2 more grams of sugar and 1 less gram of protein per serving, so minor differences. Unfortunately, there's still no extra swirls, it didn't even have that small glob in the middle like I'm used to. I miss the old sea salt caramel pint based on this experience, but I'm curious what you all will think of the other flavors (and this one if your experience is different).

It still tastes a bit too artificial to me but it's not bad... but probably not enough to warrant a repeat purchase. I got a small swirl in my pint but it wasn't really noticeable (there was a bigger one at the bottom but it wasn't huge either). Honestly overall it just doesn't really taste like caramel to me, just a small aftertaste of it. Honestly not sure why it has 320 calories.

I tried the caramel M&Ms and I'm not overly impressed. Just tastes cheap.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

As for the "new" sea salt caramel Halo Top pint that has 40 more calories, I'm on the fence with the taste. Texture-wise, I prefer the older pints. This new one was a lot easier to thaw and right out of the freezer I could eat it, but it didn't get nearly as hard as the 280 calorie pint had and I enjoyed that density. If you let this new pint sit on the counter, it might actually become TOO soft, so be careful fellow regular Halo Top eaters! It's not filled as high as you can see, but perhaps I got an unlucky pint. Overall I'd have to do side by side comparison to see how much it changed in regards to flavor, but I *think* it might have more of a buttery/saltier caramel flavor? Looking at the older pint's nutrition I logged, the sodium content is the same so maybe it's jut me. The new pint has 2 more grams of sugar and 1 less gram of protein per serving, so minor differences. Unfortunately, there's still no extra swirls, it didn't even have that small glob in the middle like I'm used to. I miss the old sea salt caramel pint based on this experience, but I'm curious what you all will think of the other flavors (and this one if your experience is different).

It still tastes a bit too artificial to me but it's not bad... but probably not enough to warrant a repeat purchase. I got a small swirl in my pint but it wasn't really noticeable (there was a bigger one at the bottom but it wasn't huge either). Honestly overall it just doesn't really taste like caramel to me, just a small aftertaste of it. Honestly not sure why it has 320 calories.

Have you tried the Enlightened sea salt caramel? It's really good. They have it in pints, but I really enjoy the single serving bars - it seems bigger than just 1/4 of the pint container so I feel like I"m getting more.
  • Francl27
    Options

Have you tried the Enlightened sea salt caramel? It's really good. They have it in pints, but I really enjoy the single serving bars - it seems bigger than just 1/4 of the pint container so I feel like I"m getting more.

Yeah and they taste too artificial to me too.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

You're a super taster! My mom is too - it makes things difficult.
  • Francl27
    Options

I'm picky, lol! I can't do most sugar free things, it just tastes vile to me.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

I agree that it doesnt taste like caramel but more like butterscotch so i convince myself i like it haha. I do like butterscotch!
  • ygirl911
    ygirl911 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the 3 Zeros salad dressings? I had the Greek today and it was not horrible... I am curious about the Ranch.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

I'm not a super taster & also thought the regular Enlightened caramel flavor was sickeningly sweet in an artificial kind of way.

Now the Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch was awesome!

The only three Enlightened pints I've really loved were Triple Chocolate, Red Velvet Cake (would've been even more awesome with some mix-ins besides the swirl), & the Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Decided to try one of the ProYo ice creams from shoprite. The Dutch Chocolate is PHENOMENAL. For not having mix-ins I love it more than halo top and enlightened, it has a great texture and darker cocoa flavor. However, it has close to 450 calories per container and it's a little smaller than half a pint so I'm not sure if it's fair to compare them (although it was filled to the brim)! Still, 5/5 and I'm returning to see if they have more flavors. The xylitol didn't taste weird at all and I didn't even miss it not having erythritol it tasted plenty sweet! I'm honestly blown away I just wish they had more interesting flavors x5cai66uznyn.jpg

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Just tried the halo top sea caramel ice cream- It was pretty good to me- of course we just got halo top a little over two weeks ago- so it all is pretty amazing to me- We only get the enlightened bars here-
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I just saw this on twitter
    fmar6n793omu.jpg
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried Almond Chocolate Crunch Halo Top? I just had it and it tasted so weird. It's my least favorite flavor. It doesn't help that I hate almond flavors!
  • Francl27
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    Anyone tried Almond Chocolate Crunch Halo Top? I just had it and it tasted so weird. It's my least favorite flavor. It doesn't help that I hate almond flavors!

Why would you buy something that's almond flavored if you don't like almond? I like that one, but it does taste like artificial almonds, and for the calories I'd just rather have the chocolate one.

Honestly I've never tried anything mint or lemon from either of those companies because I don't like those flavors in the first place.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Decided to try one of the ProYo ice creams from shoprite. The Dutch Chocolate is PHENOMENAL. For not having mix-ins I love it more than halo top and enlightened, it has a great texture and darker cocoa flavor. However, it has close to 450 calories per container and it's a little smaller than half a pint so I'm not sure if it's fair to compare them (although it was filled to the brim)! Still, 5/5 and I'm returning to see if they have more flavors. The xylitol didn't taste weird at all and I didn't even miss it not having erythritol it tasted plenty sweet! I'm honestly blown away I just wish they had more interesting flavors x5cai66uznyn.jpg

I picked up Dutch Chocolate and Coconut; haven't tried it yet. I'm glad you liked it!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Might drive to canada to grab these to try lol Kelloggs-Birthday-Cake-Froot-Loops-Cereal.jpg?resize=550%2C734

Road trip!! :D
  • lululapagaille
    lululapagaille Posts: 84 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm in France, so these Häagen Dazs might not be new flavours to other countries, but they are for me ! I haven't tried the banana caramel yet, the salted caramel one is meh, although I like all things caramel... but the hazelnut flavour is heavenly ! My new favourite ! (I usually love dulce de leche)'
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I can't find a picture of this ice cream but I found at Wal-Mart Cinn-Fully Delicious from their Great Value line & it's basically Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Buns but only cheaper per servings!

If anyone has tried this leave a review

Great-Value-I-Heart-PB-Ice-Cream.jpg?resize=640%2C649

Found in Canada according to Impulsive Buy

Kelloggs-Birthday-Cake-Froot-Loops-Cereal.jpg?resize=550%2C734

Seems like it will either taste really vile or be amazing!

On Impulsive Buy they posted that the Firework Oreos were found at Giant Eagle so I might go to Giant early tomorrow before work & see if I can find them at my local Giant (Giant Eagle I think might be a different store chain than Giant).

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »

I picked up Dutch Chocolate and Coconut; haven't tried it yet. I'm glad you liked it!

I really wasn't expecting to like it as much as I had! Let me know what you think of the coconut, I went to two Shoprite's and all I could find was vanilla and chocolate :/