New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    Anyone tried the mocha chip quest bar? They sent me 8 of them for free lol

I actually REALLY like them. They are one of my favorites.

I agree, right alongside the blueberry muffin, at least ;) If you've had the chocolate chip cookie dough quest bar (who hasn't at this point?) it's very similar in terms of having plenty of chocolate chunks and the base looks similar, with a few more grainy specks that add a slight grit which reminds me of crushed up coffee beans when eating chocolate covered espresso beans. It was soft and had a very nicely balanced coffee taste that I couldn't get enough of. It's one of those rare coffee flavored products that actually taste like coffee instead of just a bunch of sugar with a slight coffee flavoring. I was very impressed with it, although it made my mom (who hates coffee) gag. So it really all comes down to how much you like coffee I guess!

Does everyone pay $2.50 a bar for those?
    You can look for deals on Ebay.

Is that safe? You don't get counterfeit stuff, right?!?

Just look for someone with lots of good positive feedback. And, if there's any negative feedback, check that out to see how things were resolved.

As someone who buys and sells a lot of things on eBay I can safely say if you're buying quest protein bars you're going to get the real deal and shouldn't be worried about if it's actually a quest bar as much as you should be worried about how expired it may be :x

I've also never had marmite but I just bought these chips online and love them, has anyone here had them? I'm curious if this is how marmite tastes or if it's a lot stronger, I may have to try it now!

0x2d7l5zt4tu.jpg
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    kirstenb13 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

I don't really get this. Chicken wings are fine. It's all the stuff people add to them that makes them high calories... then they do the same with cauliflower...

I think it's for people that have trouble eating veggies if they don't taste "junky" enough.
    I've made it because I'm vegetarian and like to change my veggies up a little, but if I ate chicken I would just use those as well.

its also mostly for the vegan/vegetarian community.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    Anyone tried the mocha chip quest bar? They sent me 8 of them for free lol

I actually REALLY like them. They are one of my favorites.

I agree, right alongside the blueberry muffin, at least ;) If you've had the chocolate chip cookie dough quest bar (who hasn't at this point?) it's very similar in terms of having plenty of chocolate chunks and the base looks similar, with a few more grainy specks that add a slight grit which reminds me of crushed up coffee beans when eating chocolate covered espresso beans. It was soft and had a very nicely balanced coffee taste that I couldn't get enough of. It's one of those rare coffee flavored products that actually taste like coffee instead of just a bunch of sugar with a slight coffee flavoring. I was very impressed with it, although it made my mom (who hates coffee) gag. So it really all comes down to how much you like coffee I guess!

Does everyone pay $2.50 a bar for those?
    You can look for deals on Ebay.

LOL counterfeit.... ebay is not like that! I used to buy on ebay quest bars 13 bucks or less per box when I was eating 4-5 a day. No way could I afford to eat so many for over a year if I paid 2.50 per bar!!
  • uwannasaysomething
    uwannasaysomething Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I eat Zone bars after a lot of research on protein bars. I eat the chocolate almond and raisin as I found it to be the most healthy. It has
    • 15g of protein
    • 7g fat
    • 17g of sugar
    • 23g carbs
    • 210 calories
    for 1.76 oz. This article talks about your cookies and cream protein bars. Read it and weep! eatthis.com/worst-energy-bars-for-weight-loss
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I got a bag of this because I was looking for bagels that would look like bagel, large size and great on macros. Amazed. Just had one this morning. Love the texture and the taste. Will be back for more for sure and will now try their other stuff. Highly HIGHLY recommended!!!!

plain.png

promiseglutenfree.com/product/plain-bagels

Calories128 kCal
    Fat1.4 g
    Saturated0.1 g
    + Trans0 g
    Cholesterol0 mg
    Sodium349 mg
    Carbohydrate22.2 g
    Fiber10 g
    Sugars1.4 g
    Protein3.6 g

That looks nice. I admit I typically shy away from all the gluten free/everything free crap though, lol.

Did you weigh them? 128 calories seems very low...
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I got a bag of this because I was looking for bagels that would look like bagel, large size and great on macros. Amazed. Just had one this morning. Love the texture and the taste. Will be back for more for sure and will now try their other stuff. Highly HIGHLY recommended!!!!

plain.png

Calories128 kCal
    Fat1.4 g
    Saturated0.1 g
    + Trans0 g
    Cholesterol0 mg
    Sodium349 mg
    Carbohydrate22.2 g
    Fiber10 g
    Sugars1.4 g
    Protein3.6 g

That does seem unbelievably low, but the macros add up appropriately. Wow. Where did you get those? I've never seen them before.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ee8k7qvbl2my.jpg

The bookstore at my university have these out right now. I absolutely love the combination of peppermint (not just mint) and dark/milk chocolate, and this combination with white chocolate is superb.

Also, side note, this is the second week in a row that Publix is having a BOGO on Liberte Yogurt, and this week, the BOGO applies without their special little coupons. I'm in luck! :)
  • hgycta
    Options
    I went to 7-11 today to try the Oreo hot chocolate but didn't see it. Instead, I noticed this chocolate Berry cake flavored beverage which I thought was hot chocolate but now I'm pretty sure was a caffeinated cappuccino since I'm fairly sensitive even to those powdered mixes. It was decent, but for the calories in these cappuccino mixes they sell not worth getting again over their pumpkin or other flavors.
    sbml0j6hc9u2.jpg
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »

plain.png

Calories128 kCal
    Fat1.4 g
    Saturated0.1 g
    + Trans0 g
    Cholesterol0 mg
    Sodium349 mg
    Carbohydrate22.2 g
    Fiber10 g
    Sugars1.4 g
    Protein3.6 g

That does seem unbelievably low, but the macros add up appropriately. Wow. Where did you get those? I've never seen them before.

I don't know about that particular brand but I have purchased Dream Bagels before from Low Carb Canada and the macros are basically identical (the caloric difference is inconsequential imo at 130)
  • hgycta
    Options
    xnwgz8roogfs.png
    Apparently these are going to be a thing soon o.o I want to be excited but honestly I'm not sure how much I'm looking forward to them since they're probably not really going to be all that better than regular pancake mixes on the market. None of the flavors really stand out as too different. Still never found those Denny's pancake mixes :(
    IHOP.png 767.7K
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    xnwgz8roogfs.png
    Apparently these are going to be a thing soon o.o I want to be excited but honestly I'm not sure how much I'm looking forward to them since they're probably not really going to be all that better than regular pancake mixes on the market. None of the flavors really stand out as too different. Still never found those Denny's pancake mixes :(

I Love IHOP's pancakes but I especially love the Bananas Fosters French Toast. Gonna be on the look out for these.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »

Got these at local Metro. Check the website for where you could purchase.
    Yeap did weight them and they came in at 75-82g each.

That's pretty awesome. I was having a hard time visualizing the serving size. So I looked at the serving size for a Thomas bagel, which is 95g and 53g of carbs for a plain one. The website did not have any good new for me though, don't appear to be sold in my area. *sadface*
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    xnwgz8roogfs.png

I can't tell from this picture. Is it a mix or the actual pancake/French toast that you would up the in the toaster oven or something?
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    kw89csnhh7ic.jpg

I was sooo excited to try this . . . UNFORTUNATELY, it tastes like the WORST mix of the WORST chemicals on the planet . . .

*sigh*

Yeah someone bought me some of this at work, they thought I would like it. Unfortunately I had tried it before - it is AWFUL. :-( The best Pumpkin Spice creamer is Bailey's, HANDS DOWN.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    xnwgz8roogfs.png

I can't tell from this picture. Is it a mix or the actual pancake/French toast that you would up the in the toaster oven or something?

Already made.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    xnwgz8roogfs.png

Already made.

Sooooooooooo not from scratch? My kinda pancakes. :) Wonder what the calorie count is on those?
  • hgycta
    Options
    xnwgz8roogfs.png

I got the picture from
    it looks like actual pancake/french toast mix!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Primal Bar coconut cashew. Not bad, tasted like quest cashew coconut but chewy and nutty and crunchy. Had a nice salty undertone to it as well which was really good, almost like salted cashews which are my favorite! One of my favorite "natural" bars. (Not like candy bar protein bars that are just amazingly delicious. More in the league of larabar, rxbar etc. c853vdjyp3zq.png
    8/10