A Message for Older Guys

Replies

• Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Old at 28 :disappointed:

I'm pleased there's loads of nice guys here, cos I'm done helping him especially as it's not a joke.
  • cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    This thread has diverted to the gutter. Let's get back to sound advice from the population the OP requested it from. He obviously isn't ready to hear the sophisticated advice coming from the ladies of MFP.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    This thread has diverted to the gutter. Let's get back to sound advice from the population the OP requested it from. He obviously isn't ready to hear the sophisticated advice coming from the ladies of MFP.

This gutter you speak of... I don't ridicule your happy place, now do I?
  • cahubbard6421
    No ridicule. Just trying to get OP the advice he craves and get this witch hunt over with.
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,469 Member
    Dazzler21 wrote: »
    Tallawah_ wrote: »
    Theo166 wrote: »
    Reproductive organs have nothing to do with the ability to give good advice.

The below quiz by 'experts' would disagree with you.
    It seems giving the correct answer automatically makes you a woman

Can We Guess Your Gender Based On 15 General Knowledge Questions

FACT women are usually right. I may just be 'whipped' but I get it. We as men usually make too many off the cuff decisions in life. Women calculate that shizz before making an informed decision.

p.s Terry Stein looks a bit like a womaniser...

Yep...you whipped! :lol:

If you see that as a negative, you've not learnt yet.

Awwww c'mon man I'm playin' wit you!!!...couldn't resist it!!! :wink:
  • cahubbard6421
    Can't play with some of the people here.

FACT women are usually right. I may just be 'whipped' but I get it. We as men usually make too many off the cuff decisions in life. Women calculate that shizz before making an informed decision.

• Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,469 Member
    J_Surita3 wrote: »

Dang...I wanna whip someone. :p

Errrrr..........never mind... :lol:
  • Dazzler21
    No ridicule. Just trying to get OP the advice he craves and get this witch hunt over with.

It's no witch hunt, the guy is being a Chunt. (The h is silent) and extremely disrespectful. He is only 3-4 years younger than me and at that age I knew so much better.

• Dazzler21
    Can't play with some of the people here.

If you see that as a negative, you've not learnt yet. :wink:

Sorry missed the winky thing off.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    edited May 2017

I agree. How do these threads get so convoluted so quickly?

However, I'll say this, sometimes the most messed up threads and conversations are the most insightful. Somewhat entertaining and more fun than Netflix and cable tv combined.
  • cahubbard6421

It's no witch hunt, the guy is being a Chunt. (The h is silent) and extremely disrespectful. He is only 3-4 years younger than me and at that age I knew so much better.

Yeah and look how you are acting on the internet. How can you call someone extremely disrespectful and call them a CHUNT? Doesn't make any sense. He is asking because he doesn't know any better. He isn't asking women because of the emotional attachment to answers. He is asking for logical answers without an attached emotional response. It's not that hard to do. I wouldn't ask a bodybuilder about marathon training. He is asking guys older than him about life lessons. Kinda like my grandpa gave me when I was a young boy. He may not have had that male role model to look to and he is trying to see a different perspective.
  • Dazzler21

Yeah and look how you are acting on the internet. How can you call someone extremely disrespectful and call them a CHUNT? Doesn't make any sense. He is asking because he doesn't know any better. He isn't asking women because of the emotional attachment to answers. He is asking for logical answers without an attached emotional response. It's not that hard to do. I wouldn't ask a bodybuilder about marathon training. He is asking guys older than him about life lessons. Kinda like my grandpa gave me when I was a young boy. He may not have had that male role model to look to and he is trying to see a different perspective.

Ah I think you'll find I said he "is being a Chunt". Not that I think he is a Chunt this is the first thread where I have seen him act in this way.

I agree with the a lot of the rest of what you say in bold though.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited May 2017

Oh for the love of God.

Laugh a little. (That's MY advice. Life is hard enough.)

Did the OP seriously come on here hoping to get solid advice from older males (rather than make a dig, or that's what it seems like from the bickering that immediately started between him and another poster, as well as the initial negative reactions about "older" being FROM GUYS, look back on the first couple pages here - yet the OP immediately claimed women don't like to be told they're older, etc.)? He doesn't have a dad or uncles or anything like that?

I think the derailment is because, number one, on Chit Chat things do tend to be more along the humor side, which the OP must surely know, and number two, because his MGTOW comments are so obviously geared toward simply getting attention. I'll bet he's the one having the most fun with this. Seriously.
  • cahubbard6421
    Attitude will always dictate response.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member

Ummm.

Yes.

And the OP's attitude is what dictated the response.
  • cahubbard6421

Ummm.

Yes.

Except there was none in his original post. His response was due to re responses thrown at him for only being concerned with the male responses.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Don't fall for the marketed, socialize, propaganda for what makes a man. Through experience, and sometimes trial and error you will learn it, but I can share things that are important to me that I teach my boys.
    • Pride is good, but pridefullness destroys your character. It is the difference between confidence and cocky, and apparent to everyone around you. You can be confident in who you are mentally, in body, and in spirit, but be humble and respect the blessing of it instead of judging others by it or thinking any of that makes you better than others. That is all pridefullness is.
    • A man is not made by anything he owns or his status. It is never bad to work hard to do well for yourself, but you cannot buy true respect, and being respected for what you bought is only done by small minds.
    • I fully believe that who you are is directly about how others feel around you, or how you make them feel. Your confidence and character gives energy or inspiration to those around you without you needing to say a word. When you do speak, speak as positively and progressively as you can to work with others and build others up. True in life and true in leadership.
    • Be mindful of your place in the world and in the universe. Never be so small minded that you believe Because you gain anything on this Earth that you are bigger in the universe.
    • Reflect and strive to be better. See the first point about pride.
    • Fail, and fail better each time, but never stop trying to be better. This is true of being a man and true in every part of life.
    • No one has control over you and you are responsible for your thoughts and actions. When you give into hate, anger, jealousy, fear and such, you give power to them, but you can always take them away. You will feel these in life, but don't let them control your life.
    • If you are a Dad, be a *kitten* Dad full time. It is the most important thing you do in your life.
    • Physical size or strength of your body is the weakest link in your character if that is all you present to the world. Same with money, power, intelligence, etc. See the first point again.

Anyway...life is not a rap, where you are the best person in the world, *kitten* gonna get the best loving from you, money falls from trees, and everyone only hates you because they are jealous.

All of this! Well said :)
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member

Ummm.

Yes.

Except there was none in his original post. His response was due to re responses thrown at him for only being concerned with the male responses.

Hmmm, no. A bunch of guys initially spoke out about the "older" reference. Go back and re-read. :)

The whole "turn it on women" thing is an attention-grab. It worked. :)
This discussion has been closed.