DITR Round4 Week2

Options
Welcome to Week 2 Diamonds!!

Congratulations on completing Week 1 of the Diamond Challenge! We saw some BIG losses this week ladies, make sure to keep those coming!!

Combined Diamonds In The Rough lost a total of….38.2lbs!!! Way to go ladies! 38.2lbs gone for good! Give yourselves a pat on the back!

So which team lost the most?!

This week we had a clear winning team, they pulled some amazing losses this week!

Pink Team lost the most with 19.2lb! WOW! Go PINKS!
Yellow Team lost a total of 11.3lbs
and Blue finished it off with a loss of 7.7lbs this week.

Our biggest Loser of the week for the pink team was bikermum82 with a total loss of 5lbs!! Way to go!!
Yellow teams biggest loser was TwinMom12409 with a loss of 3.5lbs! Great job!!
Blue teams biggest loser was Claeysm with a total loss of 3lbs! WooHoo!

WAY TO GO DIAMONDS!!!

If everyone who hasn't done so already could you please add TheDiamondChallenge to your friends list. You can do a search in "find members". I should of asked you all to do that last week, my apologies! The Diamond Challenge page posts important announcements on our league as a whole...including weekly winning teams!

So then who won?

You did!!! DITR lost the most weight this week! Congrats ladies!

Keep Shining Diamonds!

Replies

• Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Congrats bikermum82 - and well done fellwo pinks.

I am hoping for no more family crises to get in my way this week, I have had both parents in hospital over the weekend (100 miles apart as they are divorced!) So not a great finish for me but here's hoping for a better week.

Good luck fellow diamonds
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hey Yuppeeeeeeeeeeeeee:bigsmile:

We WON Pinkiessss

& Congrats BikerMum:flowerforyou: U did It!!!

Ok am geared up again for the Challenge ;)
  • sistermooooon
    Options
    Yay DITR!!!!
  • michelle_eiz
    michelle_eiz Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great Job Everyone!

Huge pat on the back to my partner TwinMom12409! You did an awesome job!

This week is ours yellow team! Let's kick some butt!
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Congrats to us, and a big congrats to the Pink Team and bikermum82, TwinMom12409, and my partner Claeysm.

I'm planning on being able to do a lot better this week now that we are moved in and not going out of town, so this week Blue Team is going to be the big winners.
  • hwilliams519
    hwilliams519 Posts: 428
    Options
    Yes, Great Job Everyone!!!

Congrats to the pink team and to bikermum! But you better watch out for the Yellow team this week!

One thing for sure, DITR is going to kick butt again this week!!!!!!!
  • lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everyone :flowerforyou:

Laura
  • clarech
    clarech Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone!!! Well done to all my fellow pink diamonds!!! Keep up the great work everyone :)
  • journey2size10
    Options
    WOW, y'all are kicking azz out the gate!
    I'm just happy to be losing again :tongue:

Great job everyone and lets sweep this challenge!!! DITR
  • claeysm
    claeysm Posts: 85
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who lost! Lets keep it going this week too!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Great Job, DITR!!!
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    Well done DITR girls, us Little Diamonds will get ya next week!!
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

While we wait for our "official" QOTD to be asked, I thought I would get a little bit of conversation going. Feel free to answer this, it is not mandatory.

Losing weight is a huge accomplishment. What is one of your greatest accomplishments in your life thus far?

My answer: Raising my son on my own before I met my husband. He is a bright, funny, and polite 6 year old and he makes me super proud on a daily basis!
  • lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, that is a huge one.

1. Finally understating my husband’s point of view instead of taking it personal thinking he is giving me a hard time. This has help a lot and now we do not have the huge arguments we used to have. If only I had understood what he was talking about way back in the day our lives would have been much easier.

2. Having an amazing daughter with a huge heart. My mother had cerebral aneurisms in 2001 and in 2005 she was hit by a car and left her on the street with 2 broken legs. Since then, my daughter in Jr. High at the time, would take to bus from school to the health care where my mom was located for 2 years and she help her out and even got volunteer hours for helping out at the health care facility.

3. Finally understanding who your true friends really are specially in the times of needs instead of when it is a benefit for them.

4. Having a very smart 8 yr old son who made it to Gate for 3rd grade.

5. Or my weight loss accomplishment would be when I met my goal with weightwatcher. I was lighter and healthier than when I was in high school.
  • twistedsista0408
    Options
    WOW! I've been gone all day and just got home and realized I had the QOTD!!! I'm so sorry! Ok, for those who haven't logged out for the day already...

What problems have you ever experienced with prejudice due solely to your weight? What did you do to combat it?
  • CaptObvious
    CaptObvious Posts: 117
    Options
    What problems have you ever experienced with prejudice due solely to your weight? What did you do to combat it?

I have not experienced any prejudice from other people due to weight but I have experienced insecurity due to my own self-image and self-esteem. To combat that, I made a choice to change those thought patterns and, eventually, to lose the weight and get in shape.
  • twistedsista0408
    Options
    This is particularly hard question for me because I have been looking for a job recently and I have a decent resume' with many years experience in teaching/training but there is a big difference in how people react to me on the phone versus during the face to face interview. I have not been mistreated at all, please don't misunderstand. However, I think they are disappointed when they see how big I am and it comes down to whether they want to take a chance on my health. When I put myself in their shoes, I can understand some of the concerns they may have based on their perception of me. The biggest fear is that I may miss work due to health issues. Then there is the insurance cost that may be a consideration.

So what have I done to combat this issue? Well, besides joining MFP and sticking to my diet and exercise plans I have begun reading "I CAN" books of motivation and building self esteem. I think the worst thing I can do is ASSUME people are looking at me differently. The the second worst thing I can is worry about what other people think about me. What I need to do is come in to any interview with my stunning personality and proven work ethic. I really have a lot to offer and to discount and defeat myself before I even get in there is so detrimental! Finally, I need to realize how it feels to have this fear and never forget it. Someday soon I'm going to reach my goal weight, I'm going to have that fabulous job, and perhaps I'll be on the other side, interviewing someone for a new position. I want to never judge a person for their outward appearance and see only what's on the inside!
  • TwinMom12409
    Options
    Great Job everyone- especially the Pink Diamonds! Great work!!

Monday QOTD:What problems have you ever experienced with prejudice due solely to your weight? What did you do to combat it?

When I was bartending if I was with a thin girl on the shift often the men would call her over and give her tips and tell her they were for HER specifically. It came with the territory. It sucks. I am no longer in that industry and I couldn't be happier. I think that weight discrimination is just a given- a really crappy one, yes- but a given nonetheless.
  • twistedsista0408
    Options
    Gratz everyone! Terrific job! This week it will be the Blue team! GO DITR!
  • journey2size10
    Options

Losing weight is a huge accomplishment. What is one of your greatest accomplishments in your life thus far?

Overcoming leukemia and being paralyzed at the ripe age of 14!
    I have been in remission for 19 years now and noone can ever tell I was not able to walk, let alone had any health problems. My legs are strong now and I can walk with the best of em and finally able to run!!!