Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Options

Replies

• kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Today I went on the chest press, and a guy comes to me and says, can I do 1 set. He came on then doesn't do anything. Then does his set but doesn't go. He ended staying on the machine. I felt like smacking him on his head with a 10kg plate.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Today I went on the chest press, and a guy comes to me and says, can I do 1 set. He came on then doesn't do anything. Then does his set but doesn't go. He ended staying on the machine. I felt like smacking him on his head with a 10kg plate.

Should have told him he needed to move and that you were going to use it.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    DasItMan91 wrote: »

Should have told him he needed to move and that you were going to use it.

I should have, just seeing his face irritated me. So I went on a different machine. I was vexed out.
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yep you guys were right. Finally ran into a really loud grunter at the gym. Dude sounded like he was having an orgasm every other second. It was annoying
  • kaizaku
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Today at the gym, two young girls with make up on, standing around, were walking up and down like they're in the park.

OMG, my gym has an indoor track and I love using it for speed intervals, but lately, it seems like there's ALWAYS some group of people just moseying around it.

And it's cool if you're really walking and stay on the outside lane, but I swear, groups of 3 ladies will come in and just walk and chit-chat - 3 abreast, so you have to ask them to move over every time you lap them. Dude. Get out of my way!

The gym is the new hang out place to chill :lol:
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Grunting after the work is over and they are in the Sauna. Trying to relax man. Lol
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Guys who flex and look in the mirror all the time
  • SportyChick07
    SportyChick07 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    When they don't wipe down their equipment when they are done using it........
  • Xymheia
    Xymheia Posts: 65 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    1) When you go right after lunchtime thinking it'd be quiet in the gym only to find a group of 4 gym goers hogging 1 of the only 2 lat pull down stacking machines, one of the two machines for rows and both middle back pull down machines for 20 minutes, continuously talking to each other and rotating as if it was a tea party, most of the time sitting on the machines while doing nothing.

2) Dropping the weights of a machine with weight stack. Ugh, the noise!

3) Using the only 10 kg training bar for bench pressing 60 kg.
  • Ryan_B1977
    Ryan_B1977 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Getting the dumbbells out of weight order makes me irritated. Not wiping down is just gross.
  • katrina6823
    katrina6823 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Ridiculous over the top grunting!!
  • AbetheSamurai
    AbetheSamurai Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I hate when someone sits one station for an exaggerated period of time... Like bro if you can lift for that long youre not lifting enough. Grrrr.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    The guys who do a nervous pacing routine between sets, wandering and staggering about and breathing hard, and not really caring if they get in the way of others. We get it, bro, you are a beast and need to get that nervous energy out, just look out for others and maybe (gasp) say "excuse me" if you nearly plow into someone.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Ryan_B1977 wrote: »
    Getting the dumbbells out of weight order makes me irritated. Not wiping down is just gross.

No wiping down is so nasty and ignorant. I second this one!!
  • kaizaku
    Options
    tjkita wrote: »

Today at the gym, a guy on the treadmill wearing a tank top was sweating so bad like he just came out of the shower. The treadmill has drench sweat everywhere. I felt disgusted, plus when he went pass I tried to make sure his sweat does not fall on me. Although I felt bit wetness on my shin. I don't want their sweat to fall on me.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Today at the gym, a guy on the treadmill wearing a tank top was sweating so bad like he just came out of the shower. The treadmill has drench sweat everywhere. I felt disgusted, plus when he went pass I tried to make sure his sweat does not fall on me. Although I felt bit wetness on my shin. I don't want their sweat to fall on me.

yeah, based on all of your previous posts.... I would look for a different gym
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thank you everyone for making me laugh!! This is so true about all these people how annoying they can be and some don't have a clue what they do wrong. LOL, This maded my day :)
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

yeah, based on all of your previous posts.... I would look for a different gym

I would but I got an exceptional good deal plus it opened last year. So it's a very good facility. It's just unethical people, plus by changing doesn't mean I won't find those types of people.