Replies

• MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    wahoo!
  • MrsRazor7
    MrsRazor7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Wooohooo! The chart looks great! And I am excited to see how far we all come :happy:
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    Thanks for this challenge!

Do we have to tell you whether we accomplished the 64 oz & 4 servings of fruits/veggies everyday?
  • jiminyc
    jiminyc Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'll start planning those requirements into my daily routine for this week. Already well on my way to the water challenge!
  • adrehe
    adrehe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    So excited! Thanks for all the effort and motivation already!
  • KelliesCupcake
    Options
    Here are the measurements you are missing,

Arms: 18in
    Thighs: 30in
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I just noticed that the chart cut off FLmom2J. You are in and I have your weights. Just need your measurements :)
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Just a reminder to folks, anything with caffeine in it is a diuretic... that means it stimulates your body to urinate out water versus keeping and utilizing the water you put in your body. So be careful, because for me, if I drink green tea I tend to not want or think about drinking more water - thus, I get dehydrated unintentionally.

I definitely think we should be drinking a lot of pure water, but the claim that caffeinated drinks don't count towards your water intake is an *opinion*, not a fact. I tend to disagree, as do some other sources. Like this one:

http://blisstree.com/feel/do-coffee-and-tea-count-as-daily-water-intake-115/

" The good news is that you can now count tea and coffee as part of your intake. Previously it was thought they acted like diuretics, encouraging the body to get rid of fluid. We now know this isn’t true, and you can drink tea and coffee as part of your 2.5 litres. And there is nothing like a cup of tea to give you a lift.

My only note of caution is that large amounts of caffeine can reduce the amount of calcium we absorb from our food; the tannins in tea have a similarly negative effect on iron absorption.

Also, caffeine, even small amounts, can make sensitive people feel more stressed, jittery, and can keep you awake if drunk at the wrong time of day. A couple of cups a day are fine as part of your water intake. "

:flowerforyou:
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for the challenge!... :)
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for doing this challenge! I'm super excited! It's just what I needed to get motivated again and look good for winter time! :). I hardly drink enough water daily - usually topping at 16 oz a day. I tend to eat at least 3 servings of fruit/veggies daily as well, so I will have to step it up!
  • SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yea!! I am excited to!! I really need a push to get out of the 170's I keep hovering around 173-171 but hopefully this will help!! I like this weeks challenge the water will be easier for me then the fruit but I'll get it done!! :) Thank you JustJenn419 for all your hard work!!! Ok girls we can do this!!! :happy:
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Alrighty! Thanks so much for starting this challenge. A long term source of accountability should really help me keep my butt in gear. Just wanted to mention my goal weight is 240 for the challenge, not 240.5.. that extra half pound loss would put me at just over 50 pounds for the challenge ;)

So this week i'll be pushing water (shooting for 96oz) & getting 4+ servings of fruits & veggies :)
  • JustJenn419
    Options
    Thanks for this challenge!

Do we have to tell you whether we accomplished the 64 oz & 4 servings of fruits/veggies everyday?

It's not mandatory :) But feel free to share! So far today I have 12oz..... OF COFFEE!!!! Can't make it through the day without my morning Cup O' Joe :drinker: I'll get started with the H2O afterwards but will need to really get started if I'm going to make it to 64oz. I'm working a 12 hour day today and I think 2 of those hours will be spent in the potty room :laugh:
  • JustJenn419
    Options
    Wooohoo! So pumped for this challenge. I've always struggled to drink a lot of water but I'm going to try to get my 64oz in today! I've already had 16oz so I'm on my way! Had a fruit smoothie for breakfast and planning on having a veggie stir fry for dinner so I'm thinking I'll be able to get all my fruit/vegetable servings in today!

Good luck everyone, feel free to friend me, support is what it's all about!

Mmmmmmm veggie stir fry...... Care to share the recipe? :bigsmile:
  • JustJenn419
    Options
    Ok thanks!
    Did you put it in your comment?
    I just thought i would look to see what hard work you had done as lots of people have comented about the chart! But i cant :0(

It should be showing up as the first post in this forum topic. Right under where I posted the challenge for the week. If you want, message me your email and I can send it to you that way. Don't want anyone left out!!!
  • beautynthalight
    beautynthalight Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    the chart is massive!!! but beautifully put together...nice!
  • yramesor333
    yramesor333 Posts: 152
    Options
    awesome Jen, its def a challenge for me to drink all my water !! been doing really good this past week!! here weeeeeeeeeeeee gooooooooooo and we r off !!!! whoot whoot :) thanks again !!
  • AriannaInIdaho
    Options
    I'm excited I know we all will do awesome. :happy:
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Awesome. Thank you!

I have to get my measurements in to you. Oops.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    What a great Group! Thanks Jenn! Love the challenge I need to stay on track with both of those! I have been good a week already and WOW I feel the difference....... I can only imagine how great we will all feel after 22. Together we can do what ever we set our minds to!!!! Have a Great Day!!!!!!!