anger issues

Options

Replies

• vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    mathjulz wrote: »
    It might be worth it to talk with a therapist. Many young people struggle with anger management, so it's not necessarily a sign of any other problems, but a therapist can help you brainstorm some ways to deal with it, and help you implement them. (My teenage son was seeing a therapist for the same kind of thing for a while, and it helped!) Talk to your insurance provider to find someone they cover, or if you're in school, you can go to the student center and get help there in finding a provider.
    if you have anger issues like that see a dr. that can often be a sign of a mental illness.Not saying it is but it can be.Its not good for you to get angry and you should not go off on people in general.you may want to learn how to cope with people and learn how to talk to them without anger or being set off,with some people though its like they push your buttons repeatedly. some people you may have to kick to the curb.people often blame others for things they dont do because they have to blame someone as they dont want to own up to being at fault. those people are toxic and need to be avoided.

HELLO!!! This should have been the FIRST advice offered, and it is the ONLY VALID solution to start with. Get some professional help and deal with your *kitten* before you over-react to something stupid and it escalates to violence, either by you or against you. If you're a law student, perhaps you already understand the potential consequences.

While all the other advice offered here is valid in and of itself, it's all mental *kitten* until you deal with the core issue - YOU!

Do the right thing. Good luck.
  • EmmaCottrellluv
    EmmaCottrellluv Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    How old are you Emma? Were you always like this?

I'm 29 and it started after alot of horrible bad things when I was young
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    Emma!!! Try hitting a punching bag.

I might try that

There's studies that shows that behavior does not help youre training your mind to hit things when angered...thats something that the hulk does and the hulk has the most anger issue in the marvel universe.

Try meditation there are some good phone apps to get you started and focused. Give your mind and body 10-20minutes out of this busy life to relax.Mindfulness is everything
  • EmmaCottrellluv
    Options
    op, do you by any chance know a girl name lexi? or bella?

No I do not
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    How old are you Emma? Were you always like this?

I'm 29 and it started after alot of horrible bad things when I was young

you're 29; that's still young
  • EmmaCottrellluv
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    op, do you by any chance know a girl name lexi? or bella?

No I do not

Lexi and Bella both had anger issues. They used to come in here and play tricks on us and then yell at us a lot. You don't even do that though. Are you sure you have anger issues? You seem very mild mannered. You get a little suspicious sometimes, but then you return to your senses and become quite agreeable and relaxed.

Ya I am
  • EmmaCottrellluv
    Options
    That's not right what they did
  • EmmaCottrellluv
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    That's not right what they did

There was some mixup over a hip tattoo and a BMW. Also, Lexi told us she was catastrophically ill and then the story changed a teensy bit, leading to some doubt on behalf of the fitness pals. We never really learned the full story, although we really tried to listen. Bella had trouble with geography and didn't know the difference between Massachusetts, Florida and Rhode Island, although we tried to explain it.
    Are they still on mfp
  • EmmaCottrellluv
    Options
    Whats there names what they at
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Any code breakers in the house?
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I found my anger reduced considerably when I started looking after myself better - get enough sleep, make better food choices, burn off frustrations at the gym etc.
    I had a mental at the kids recently because their constant bickering just does my head in. Not cool. My dogs were too scared to eat their breakfast after that. I had to apologise to them. On the bright side, it has been quite a while since I had a melt down. What I should've done is put myself in my room. You can't change other people, only your reaction.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    i use claymores... both types
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I remind myself that they will cross paths and anger someone far worse than themselves. That in itself is a relieving and calming thought.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    So for awhile now i have had anger issues and I need advice how to keep it under control so if u have advice or ur story and how u keep it under control I would appreciate it if u shared it thx

I bought a punching bag that has its own little spot in my living room. Gloves are on top for easy access when I need to hit something.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I also use this app called Calm. It has a meditation section.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Went through classes. Meh.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It could be a food allergy setting off the anger. In my past I would come home in a great mood and see a fork in the knife spot and lose it for days. Blamed it on ppl not listening to me . I've now been gluten-free for almost 2 years. The difference is night and day. I hope you find your peace.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    For me, it's all about perspective and reminding yourself of how ridiculous you're being. I used to (and still do) get worked up over the most ridiculous things. Remind yourself that there are bigger things than you, that life could always be worse, and that your anger doesn't make anything better for you or those around you.

There's always the cow in the parking lot scenario, which works for some people. Imagine looking forever to find a parking spot at a mall or somewhere you want to be. You finally find one, only to have some jerk sneak into it from out of nowhere. You can scream. You can honk. You can get out and kill the other person or key their car or whatever. At best, you release some energy. At worst, you wind up in jail.

Now, imagine you pulling into that spot to find a cow occupying it. Same result in that you don't get the spot. However, this exercise is supposed to have you admit to something like chuckling when you see the cow, not hollering and screaming. This is the case with most things we get worked into a rage over.

Just keep working at it, be patient with yourself, and remind yourself that controlling your anger, just like weight loss and most things in life, is a marathon and not a sprint. It takes time. Hang in there. Don't stop trying.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I cuss a lot and punch folks in the throat.