30 Day Low Carb (Keto) Weight loss Challenge - Start Monday May 8

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Yesterday I had 33 Total Carbs but only 18 Net carbs. I did get a lifting session in last night and I was happy for it. I weighed in and was only down 1/2 a pound this week, but I am feeling slimmer and better overall. I'm going to keep chugging away at this and hoping that I see a big loss come popping up in a week or two.

Maybe that gallon of water a day ck2d is talking about might be what I need to get things moving.. I normally have about 40oz of water or iced tea while I am at work. I'll try doubling that today.
  • lilysillycat
    lilysillycat Posts: 159 Member
    5/23 total carbs: 23
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    5/23

Total: 47
    Net: 34

I'm at my lowest weight since before I was pregnant! I'm so excited. I've been stuck in a 3 lb range for the last several weeks and I've finally broken out of it :)
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    27 total - 18 fiber = 9 net.

I drink water when I am thirsty. I try not to over do it.
  • UNO77
    UNO77 Posts: 33 Member
    26 carbs 5/24/17
  • heide32
    heide32 Posts: 2 Member
    I have been under 30 carbs a day fro the past month, I am only down about 11 pounds.
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    20 carbs today.
    I got 128 oz of water in. It's getting easier.

I almost got some Halo Top today, and found this stuff called Arctic Zero. The numbers were even better than Halo Top - 35 calories and 7 carbs per half cup.
    Don't fall for it. I got the chocolate, and it tasted like someone had a glass of chocolate milk with ice, drank the milk, left the ice to melt, and then drank the leftover liquid. Tasteless and the texture was weird, like frost that has collected on the outside of a frozen carton.
  • Cathietc
    Cathietc Posts: 66 Member
    May 24
    Total carbs. 17g
    Net carbs 9g

• littlecrunchy190
    littlecrunchy190 Posts: 53 Member
    May 24th
    Total Carbs: 19
    Net: 11

I got brave today and started an instagram for this keto adventure. Follow me? @momfindinghealthy
  • littlecrunchy190
    ck2d wrote: »
    20 carbs today.
    I got 128 oz of water in. It's getting easier.

I almost got some Halo Top today, and found this stuff called Arctic Zero. The numbers were even better than Halo Top - 35 calories and 7 carbs per half cup.
    Don't fall for it. I got the chocolate, and it tasted like someone had a glass of chocolate milk with ice, drank the milk, left the ice to melt, and then drank the leftover liquid. Tasteless and the texture was weird, like frost that has collected on the outside of a frozen carton.

Oh My Goodness I did the same thing on the 23rd. I got the Arctic Zero because of the carb count, tried the Chocolate Peanut Butter. It was soooo bad. I ate half a serving (1/4 cup) in hopes it would "get better" but it never did. It was sooooo bad!
  • littlecrunchy190
    GorillaNJ wrote: »

Do side bends or situps... but please don't lose that butt!!!

And you win the internet today for me! LOL
  • littlecrunchy190
    heide32 wrote: »
    I have been under 30 carbs a day fro the past month, I am only down about 11 pounds.

Considering the "healthy" amount to lose is 2 pounds a week that sounds good and that weight could well be gone for good. I went to see your food diary to see if I could spot what it might be but you don't have it shared. What ever you are doing is working!

• lgregg3158
    lgregg3158 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey! If there's a June 1st challenge -- I want in on it! :smile:
  • lilysillycat
    lilysillycat Posts: 159 Member
    5/24 total carbs: 17. didn't eat enough vegs
  • GorillaNJ
    34 Total carbs and 19 Net... so pretty good day. Taking tomorrow off for a nice 4 day weekend. BBQ's will be a little tough for me, not the foods but the drinks. Guess im showing up with a bottle of whiskey and a case of diet ginger ale
  • GorillaNJ
    heide32 wrote: »

11 pounds sounds like a pretty good month to me! I know I would take it!
  • megdnoorman
    lgregg3158 wrote: »
    Hey! If there's a June 1st challenge -- I want in on it! :smile:
    Me too! Anyone know anything about a June challenge?

5/23
    Total: 46
    Net: 39
  • megdnoorman
    GorillaNJ wrote: »
    34 Total carbs and 19 Net... so pretty good day. Taking tomorrow off for a nice 4 day weekend. BBQ's will be a little tough for me, not the foods but the drinks. Guess im showing up with a bottle of whiskey and a case of diet ginger ale

Alcohol is what kills me too. I often work a beverage or two into my plan (normally wine or 1 beer) but even working it in, it seems like a waste. Most of the beers I like are 14+ carbs per serving that's half of my goal! The liquor with a 0 cal/0 carb mixer is the only good option that I'm aware of unfortunately.
  • palsky
    palsky Posts: 33 Member
    Actually score negitive carbs -17 is that a thing? Had to have bits and pieces. Unexpected late nite out drank heaps of herbal tea. Standing on the scales was so confronting, 3 kilo improvement you can't be sad about that. Keep on keeping on.
  • So yesterday morning I was at the highest level of ketosis- per the keto strips.. I was so excited! This morning I was back at moderate. I ate a few chicken fries.. I was starving so I gave in...Stupid chicken fries!!