WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Beth ~ What a beautiful cake. And, must have been a huge undertaking.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Beth I really like the cupcake tower.
    Why doesn't DYS find a way to make up the credits through community college. wouldn't that reinstate the scholarship $$. Sorry he's finding it hard to get a job, toughest thing to get for summer (unless you're a lifeguard)

Weather has finally turned nice, enjoying a cup of coffee before the next work begins.

NYKAREN
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    NYKaren ...do community college credits in NY transfer to another state? In any case, the class in question was one of his music major courses and I've never seen those available in the community college setting. Nor do I think the college would accept it...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    M
  • klanders30
    Options
    Beth oh, I wasn't thinking, I was hoping it was like a gen ed course like my dd had to take over. Was it music theory, that is such a tough course....NYKAREN
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Paula so sad to hear that tragic news. Prayers to all in your community.

Did 60 minutes on the bike.
    Was in a crappy mood all day, then had a massage and now feel better.

Have a good evening everyone.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    DrKatieBug - praying for good news on the mammogram and ultrasound. (((Hugs)))

Janetr okc
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    I am home and tired... long day today...
    I didn't give a retainer to the other lawyer, 75.00 consult fee. the one im going to see this time is 175.00 consult fee.. but hoping this one is a better fit.. now wouldn't you think if I asked if there was anything you would like when I grocery shop you would tell me.. Oh No.. he is barking at me about that... oh well he will get what he gets...
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hey ladies,
    Just having a quiet week here. My neighbor asked me yesterday for some help with her vacuum... So I spent a good 45 minutes trying to connect this metal contraption together! She is always telling me it was $1000 machine, and yesterday I was telling her she just needs a vacuum that is simpler to operate. Vacuuming shouldn't be a stressful thing! Plus she stated to me its only 10 years old, and I was laughing and telling her that the under carriage has a wooden brush rod! Anything wooden in a vacuum its got to be old!!! I organized her pills while I was there. She was asking me which ones were for her knees, and there were some for her neck pain too. I said just don't get them mixed up and take the knee ones for her neck and vise versa!!! We laughed about that one!!! I worry about who will take care of her if we move to Washington state. I rec'd the info packet from The Aging and Disability Resource Office. There is a local office right here in Warrenton, so if she needs daily help at some point, it will be easy to access it. I suppose when I feel its the right time I will have a talk about that with her. She volunteers at the Historical Society in Astoria, so she goes get out and about. She can shop for herself, and I need to concentrate on what she is able to do, not worry so much.

Today was a food bank day, and I rec'd a package of 6 chuck steaks, so they're individual's strapped and 4 are in the freezer. I have two steaks that I will fix for dinner, along with an ear of corn, and a potato to bake. I am having a large salad with a packet of cranberries and pumpkin seeds. The packet comes with some creamy poppyseed dressing. I think I will also put some walnuts on my salad. The salad and a slice of some great italian bread, and I will be happy. For lunch today dear husband made me a braut sausage, and even toasted the hotdog bun! I am a lucky girl!

Well everyone hugs!
    Becca

• klanders30
    Options
    Welcome Ann keep checking in with us alongside of your logging food. I found just getting up and moving a little bit every hour helped me to be less sedentary. Little and consistent.

NYKAREN
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I sense a bit of worry about neighbors who offered for your house before you decided to stay put rather than sell. You have nothing to be sorry about. I am happy for both of you because you've made a good choice. :heart:

Dana: Happy 62 days in a row and happy 15.0 lbs. I've lost quite a bit of weight, but you are speedy by comparison. WTG!!! :smiley:

Beth: The cupcake tower is spectacular. I hope the bride and groom have an inkling of the amount of effort that cake took, and worship at your feet for the next 20 or 30 years. They owe you BIG time. :heart:

Becca: You are a blessing to your neighbor & she is lucky you are her friend. (((HUGS)))

Barbie: It sounds like life is a bit better. I'm happy to hear about the positive steps you are both taking to strengthen your marriage. :heart:

Mrs.Keiper63: Welcome to a great group of supportive women. Stop by often and get to know people. :flowerforyou:

This will be Memorial Day weekend. Our tradition has been to visit the cemetery at Christmas and Memorial Day. The weather was unsafe at Christmas time, and we're planning to go and pay our respects tomorrow rather than on the weekend. Hopefully the traffic will be reasonable. It will be a long drive on Highway 30 & then I-5. I'm going to set the trip meter and find out just how far it is. We are not looking forward to I-5. :noway:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James