Christmas Countdown Challenge (CLOSED GROUP) - Week 1

Options

Replies

• yramesor333
    yramesor333 Posts: 152
    Options
    Thanks for this challenge!

Do we have to tell you whether we accomplished the 64 oz & 4 servings of fruits/veggies everyday?

It's not mandatory :) But feel free to share! So far today I have 12oz..... OF COFFEE!!!! Can't make it through the day without my morning Cup O' Joe :drinker: I'll get started with the H2O afterwards but will need to really get started if I'm going to make it to 64oz. I'm working a 12 hour day today and I think 2 of those hours will be spent in the potty room :laugh:
    LOL...i am unemployed right now but,im with ya on ther 2 hoursd spent in bathroom!!! lol and when i first get up eyes not all the way open (lol) i turn the coffee pot on (coffee is a must every morning,i tell my hubby u dont wanna find out what im likeif im out of coffee lol.so he makes sure he keeps it in stock lol) so after i turn the pot on i take my fish oil capsule with glass of water while i wait for my coffee. also heres a little idea for you before i can drink anything coffee,tea,milk,or crystal lite i have 2 drink a glass of water first :) that way im getting my water in :) just an idea for ya !! have a great day !!
  • cohawk11
    cohawk11 Posts: 69
    Options
    THANKS for all of your hard work on the chart! I'm so excited about this group and the weekly challenges will be great to keep me motivated as the weeks and months go by! Good luck to everyone and :drinker: -- let's enjoy our water! :flowerforyou:
  • liz4214
    liz4214 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks for putting everything together Jen. I'm excited for this and also need the extra support to stay focused. Personally I need to work on the exercise part. I love to exercise, however, it is hard to fit it in right now. I've been trying to get up a half hour earlier to fit it in but I'm always so tired and end up hitting the snooze button. :yawn: Any suggestions on getting motivated. Feel free to add me as a friend I coudl really use the support. The challege is great too. The fruits/veggies will be easy. I love eating them. However, water sometimes is a struggle for me but I'll stay on top of it. :smile:
  • yramesor333
    Options
    ZUCHINI LASAGNA .....cant taste the veggie no noodles and taste awesome!!!!

Ingredients
    2 large Zucchini
    1lb ground turkey
    1 24oz can of Hunt's tomato sauce ( or your favorite brand)
    1 block of Mozzarella cheese- shredded
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    Pepper to taste
    1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning Mix
    1 Tsp Garlic Powder

NOTE I DOUBLED THE MEAT,LOWFAT CHEESE !!!

Directions
    Pre-heat oven to 375F

In a bowl combine ground turkey, pepper, italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Mix well and brown in a large pan over Med-High heat until cooked through. Remove from heat.

While meat is cooking, use a mandolin or thinly slice the zucchini length wise to make long wide strips.

Open the can of tomato sauce and ladle a quarter of the can onto the bottom of an 8x8 casserole dish. Lay 1 layer of zucchini strips on top of the sauce. Add a layer of meat. Sprinkle on a quarter of the mozzarella cheese, and repeat once more.

When second layer is finished lay the remaining zucchini on top and pour remaining sauce over the zuchini. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, removing the foil 5 minutes before done
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I see the chart now! I think it was the computer i was using not letting me see it! Well done it must have taken you ages X
  • nhill2733
    nhill2733 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks for putting this amazing group together Jenn!! Absolutely love love love the weekly challenges! I'm off to a great start - 32oz this morning while working out - bring on Christmas!!
  • dianerenem
    dianerenem Posts: 14
    Options
    WOW! thank you for setting all this up, Jenn!!

as for the challenge? I can't drink that much water. I wish I were kidding, but I max out at about liter and then I toss my cookies (so to speak). I have to alter that challenge to limiting myself to 12oz of diet soda (cuz I love my soda), which I will NOT count in the water intake, drinking my liter of water, and definitely working on the fruits and veggies.

thanks so much for this! I'm stoked :happy:
  • Mdbondurant
    Mdbondurant Posts: 104
    Options
    Nicely done..... Lot's of compiling information and hard work went into this ladies....

FANTASTIC JOB -

off and running with my 32 oz of water...

(doing another challenge too this week - 80 oz of water and 140 squats) Look out for the backside I will be unleashing!! :wink:
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    4 servings of veges . . .check, 2Ltrs of water . . . check. I'm on a roll!!!

Yramesor333 thanks for the recipe. I was wondering what I should cook for 2morrow nights dinner but you just made that decision easy. Zucchini lasagna it is!!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    ZUCHINI LASAGNA .....cant taste the veggie no noodles and taste awesome!!!!

Wooo Hooo! Our first recipe! Thanks!!!!!!! Sounds DELICIOUS!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this! I need to get back in the habit of drinking more water! I've been letting it slip lately! Can't wait to see how everyone does!
  • yramesor333
    Options
    ysvw!!! and its awesome !! my adult kids loved it :)
  • yramesor333
    Options
    4 servings of veges . . .check, 2Ltrs of water . . . check. I'm on a roll!!!

Yramesor333 thanks for the recipe. I was wondering what I should cook for 2morrow nights dinner but you just made that decision easy. Zucchini lasagna it is!!
    ysvm !!! hope you enjoy it as much as we did !!!:smile:
  • ahoover12
    ahoover12 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for doing this! It has motivated me to stick to my diet and not "cheat".

Btw you are missing my bust measurment and it is 39''.

:smile:
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Excited woop woop I will be doing my mesurements tonight so well flip them over in a mesg looking foward to the water challenge already had about a litre and a half today.
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    This is amazing...and you are amazing for putting it all together thank you!! Water shouldn't be too difficult the fruits and veggies maybe a little bit more difficult cause I am bad and don't eat what I should per day so this is a great challenge for me :-)
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    BUMP

Awesome and thanks so much for starting this! I plan to be at my goal weight (or even lower!) by Christmas. :happy:
  • athederan
    athederan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me into it Jen and seriously.... thanks for all of your hard work with this. I really appreciate it. This will be a tough challenge for me but I will get it done. I'm start it now with my banana and glass of water. Good luck everyone!! :)
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I never set a time frame for my goal... i just wanted to lose every week... and i have a lot to lose, so hope my goal is attainable!! I'll sure work hard at it!! And great challenges for the week!
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I never set a time frame for my goal... i just wanted to lose every week... and i have a lot to lose, so hope my goal is attainable!! I'll sure work hard at it!! And great challenges for the week!