Options

Replies

• Almas57
    Almas57 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Blueberries
    Greek yoghurt
    Strawberries
    Raw nuts (specifically almonds , walnuts, cashews)
    Chickenbreast with greek yoghurt on with green boiled veggies
  • Gurliacci
    Gurliacci Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This might sound totally bizarre but spicy brown mustard. Sometimes I replace salad dressing with it to reduce calories, and I've found that it really improves plain steamed vegetables or plain chicken/meat and I don't have to put much thought into it. Same goes for hot sauce, balsamic vinegar, lemon/lime & and dry spices! These low calorie condiments + add-ons have really helped and can be good substitutes in place of butter, salt, mayo, or oil to flavor foods.
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato with butter and avocados. The fat and flavor in both just satiate my appetite when my appetite just doesn't want to shut off.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I switched from pasta to shiritaki noodles. Love these! I can't moderate regular pasta because 1 serving is so damn small, so I always go over. With the brand I eat (which I think tastes the absolute best) I can have two whole bags which will completely fill up a plate, add sauce and sprinkle cheese for around 250-300 cals.
  • radioactivegirl76
    radioactivegirl76 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I grind up my own hand trimmed chicken breast. (Thank you, Kitchen Aid.) and keep it in a zip lock bag in the frig.
    It's 99% ff, super high in protein and so quick and easy to cook. I season it with everything from sugar free BBQ sauce to curry sauce. The possibilities are endless. Yum!
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Legumes! They're filling and I now see that when I eat them 1-2x a day, my cravings are reduced and I feel full for longer.
  • heatherj0y
    heatherj0y Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Being organised is key, and having a low calorie lunch with you at all time is essential.

I've found tipping mccains frozen winter veges into a lunch container really helpful. much easier than preparing a salad or sandwich.
    It is beans, broccoli, carrot and cauliflower and I've found just picking at it while driving or progressing though my working day really good to stave off a binge.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Strawberries. Thank god it's summer and berries are in season. My love for spinach salads with nothing but strawberries and a little drizzle of homemade balsamic vinegarette knows no limits. I eat a lot of spinach because of the strawberries..more than I would normally.

The tuna in the 70 calorie packets. It's so easy to make a quick tuna salad. I just use a pack, add a tablespoon or so of light olive-oil based mayo (gotta be Dukes), celery and dill. I could eat it every day.

Also, hardboiled eggs. I eat one every day around mid-morning and it keeps me full to lunch. I love eggs.

Oh man- I LOVE strawberry and spinach salads, with balsamic vinaigrette and some shredded mozzarella. So good.

One of my favorite things. Though I'll switch up what kind of cheese and vinaigrette I use to add variety. I also love adding nuts - sunflower seeds or lightly-toasted walnuts or sliced almonds!
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I went to trader joes for the first time in a long time. They had some raw sweet potato ribbons, edamame, and raw chopped veggies. I had never bought any of these but they have made it easy for me to pack some extra veggies into my diet this week.
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    fruits and vegetables really help fill you up so you don't go over calorie budget. :)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    yortem wrote: »
    no, but maybe you found out a new healthy item that you never tried before and you started to use it.
    or for example, changed your regular bread to another one and you really liked it.

These are few and far between, I'm afraid.

I did find one, however. Opa Greek Yogurt Ranch salad dressing. I actually like it better than the (much!) higher calorie national brand of regular bottled ranch dressing. :)
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I hated steamed veggies, but we buy mostly frozen so that's the only way I knew how to make them. I found out online that you can roast frozen veg, and it has been a life saver! They tastes SO much better, and with a little olive oil and montreal seasoning, really satisfy my cravings for salty/fatty snacks. 45 calorie bread has been a great find too, along with Halo Top.
  • krazy1sbk
    krazy1sbk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Carrots! I'm a muncher and I can munch on carrots without hating myself afterwards (most of the time) and I'll stop sooner if it's not goldfish.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs.
  • cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Plain oats with walnuts and raspberries. It's a filling, healthy and yummy breakfast! Also, three triscuits with all natural peanut butter have been very helpful when it comes to my bedtime snack. Hope this helps!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Plain, air-popped popcorn. It has saved me. I work from home once a week and the combination of working in my office upstairs from a kitchen of goodies plus being at home alone makes me want to eat, eat, eat. I want to snack. All. Day. And we have "bad" stuff in our pantry...Doritos, brownies, cookies. All of the stuff that trigger my appetite and make me want to binge. So whenever I get that craving, I pop some popcorn in the microwave and sprinkle some salt on it. It works wonders. It satisfies my munchies..and 100 calories!
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Gurliacci wrote: »
    This might sound totally bizarre but spicy brown mustard. Sometimes I replace salad dressing with it to reduce calories, and I've found that it really improves plain steamed vegetables or plain chicken/meat and I don't have to put much thought into it. Same goes for hot sauce, balsamic vinegar, lemon/lime & and dry spices! These low calorie condiments + add-ons have really helped and can be good substitutes in place of butter, salt, mayo, or oil to flavor foods.

Same
    French's also makes a honey mustard-but it's actual mustard, not a calorie dense sauce. Amazing on all veggies. I squirt ketchup and mustard all over my cooked veggies (especially broccoli and cauliflower) and pretend it's a Big Mac (double pretend since I'm a vegetarian). My loved ones think it's disgusting, but it's surprisingly tasty.
  • Trnava
    Trnava Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Homemade jalapeño salsa. I eat it with tortilla chips, but you can only eat so much jalapeño salsa so you can only eat so many chips.

Watermelon. Sliced and ready in the fridge for when you get home from work just starving. Hydrates and buys time to cook a real meal.

Popcorn. Popped on the stove with a bit of coconut oil and salt, it makes a filling dinner on days you went way over calories at lunch.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    25 calorie hot chocolate.
  • Spirit_Goose
    Spirit_Goose Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Simple Mills Pumpkin Muffin Mix.

I remember my first bite. I shed a tear and prayed aloud to God, thanking him for the muffins, my arms outstretched. I now eat them...religiously. :D