How do you wear leggings and squat?!

Replies

• Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    MichSmish wrote: »
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    KrazyDaizy wrote: »
    You know how many people I've flashed at the gym. My own husband didn't even tell me my leggings were see-thru. I felt so betrayed.

giphy.gif

This is the best lol My BF would have been so uncomfortable and not wanted me to go out like that. Anyway, I love leggings! I would say don't buy see through ones is the best advice here? Not all are see-through. I agree with the idea of seamless ones as well, if you find them. Also, I honestly don't care what strangers at the gym think, but I have a man at home and he's the only person who's opinion matters at the end of the day, so I guess that's why I don't care. Maybe if I was still on the market I'd want to make a better impression? Or maybe I'd be self-centered and still not care. Probably the latter. If they didn't want to see a bunch of sweaty people, half of whom are overweight, in awkward positions, then they should have avoided the gym? Lol.

I don't think anyone is buying see through leggings on purpose. That's the point.

Nope- definitely not a purposeful purchase.

Thanks to those who suggested Old Navy- I went there yesterday and got a nice, reasonably priced pair with no see-through problems. Cause who doesn't need any more workout clothes :wink:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    We have a cubby hole/countertop thing around the gym perimeter which is where most of us put our stuff, so the phone is probably pretty close to the owner.
    I've rarely seen a person in the gym who doesn't at least look at their phone at some point though. I don't think people would survive leaving in a locker.
    I can't say at this point I've seen someone who NEVER has their phone on them.
    Nope- lies- 3 guys. But they are old as methusala and they all work out in ripped denim jeans and construction boots- so that's a clue right there- (also none of them have smart phones if I was a betting woman) so yeah- it's a rare breed that doesn't even HAVE their phone on them. Most people do.
    raven56706 wrote: »
    at least you all are aware of your leggings sometimes...

i mean at my gym, some girls wear extra transperant pants and have their hair done... its pretty obvious what they are doing...
    lifting?
    I go full face to the gym. Yep- blown out massive eye shadow and crazy lipstick.
    Hasn't stopped me from lifting well yet.
    (actually I'm quite positive the key to a successful lift is lipstick)

I used to wear baggy workout pants and just bought my first pairs of leggings. It never even occurred to me that they could become see-through! And what would you actually see? Are you girls all naked underneath or wear thongs? I feel like I'm completely out of the loop here ...

you can see skin- and or thongs/underwears. I mean- I usually lift in t back or go commando. But they stretch and you can see the skin- depends on how comfortable you are with yourself on if that will bother you or not.
    something like this happens
    5jpfuuk97msz.png
    read the review here http://www.dbwanderlust.com/2016/03/11/gymshark-leggings-review/
    (I don't know anything about this blog- just sharing a find)
    raven56706 wrote: »
    at least you all are aware of your leggings sometimes...

i mean at my gym, some girls wear extra transperant pants and have their hair done... its pretty obvious what they are doing...

Working out?

Some dudes just don't understand women who go out looking nice usually aren't doing it for male attention, they just want to look good.
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I wear basketball shorts.
    Dunno, leggings just make me feel self conscious and naked. Lol.

I thought I was the only person who felt naked in leggings, I can't wear them.

I have a pair that aren't see through- but thing- and light- and they 100% are like having no pants on.

it's like the best feeling EVER.

#nopantsdance

As a male and I feel very awkward making a post about this but I have to agree on the best feeling ever. Bought some compression pants (sounds more manly if I don't call them leggings) was blown away at how comfortable they were. Had that "it all makes sense now moment." Also when I do squats makes my knee wraps not feel as uncomfortable compared to bare skin(old man knee's).

What's not to love- like you get home- most women strip their bra off- I'm like a dude- no pants- immediately. I love the feeling of no pants.
    pants = Leg prisons.

Not a fan. it's one of the reasons my leggings collection is so effing extensive!
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    MichSmish wrote: »
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    KrazyDaizy wrote: »
    You know how many people I've flashed at the gym. My own husband didn't even tell me my leggings were see-thru. I felt so betrayed.

giphy.gif

This is the best lol My BF would have been so uncomfortable and not wanted me to go out like that. Anyway, I love leggings! I would say don't buy see through ones is the best advice here? Not all are see-through. I agree with the idea of seamless ones as well, if you find them. Also, I honestly don't care what strangers at the gym think, but I have a man at home and he's the only person who's opinion matters at the end of the day, so I guess that's why I don't care. Maybe if I was still on the market I'd want to make a better impression? Or maybe I'd be self-centered and still not care. Probably the latter. If they didn't want to see a bunch of sweaty people, half of whom are overweight, in awkward positions, then they should have avoided the gym? Lol.

I don't think anyone is buying see through leggings on purpose. That's the point.

Nope- definitely not a purposeful purchase.

Thanks to those who suggested Old Navy- I went there yesterday and got a nice, reasonably priced pair with no see-through problems. Cause who doesn't need any more workout clothes :wink:

I am obsessed with Old Navy's compression go dry leggings/crops. I have like 12 pair in different colors and have never had the "see through" problem. Every time I get a new pair I squat and bend over (in different lights) in front of my husband and make him check. :D
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited May 2017
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I wear basketball shorts.
    Dunno, leggings just make me feel self conscious and naked. Lol.

Yeah that's why i never wear them to the gym. I don't mind feeling naked at home haha. I also wondered where people keep their phone when they wear leggings. All my workout pants have pockets.

in my gym bag?

or just leave it in the locker.

Everyone at my gym carries around a bag though- backpack or duffle.

I have an IG video I took for funsies one day when we were all there- looks like we effing moved in to the gym- everyone set their bag in the same space- it was a lot of stuff.

People that leave their phone in the locker clearly don't need music when they work out huh!? I've seen girls put their phone in the waistband of their leggings and I can only imagine how sweaty the phone would get if i were to do that!

Most people at my gym have Bluetooth headphones nowadays.
    I'm the only lame one with an iPod and arm band still.

I have bluetooth headphones but never thought of leaving my phone in the locker because i assumed it wouldnt work far distance! I'll have to try that out though.

Same here!!! I love my bluetooth headphones but always carried my phone with because I thought the range would be too far.
  • ashleighchislett
    ashleighchislett Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2017
    If your worried about them being see through try the gymshark leggings they are fab always pass the squat test to. The flex leggings are probably some of the best and the seamless as they have contour just to make that Instagram picture even better ;-)
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited May 2017
    If your worried about them being see through try the gymshark leggings they are fab always pass the squat test to. The flex leggings are probably some of the best and the seamless as they have contour just to make that Instagram picture even better ;-)

I might not be seeing the label right but the picture someone posted above- aren't those gymsharks? They look too see through for me, but I guess could be fixed with nude/black underwear. But why pay those prices just to have to do that?
    Emily3907 wrote: »

I am obsessed with Old Navy's compression go dry leggings/crops. I have like 12 pair in different colors and have never had the "see through" problem. Every time I get a new pair I squat and bend over (in different lights) in front of my husband and make him check. :D

Well I may join you in the obsession :lol:

• not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    ^ Lol yeah, the extremely see through ones posted above are Gymshark.....
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Wear running shorts over the leggings.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »

Like the 80's? :laugh:
  • freesoul
    freesoul Posts: 24 Member
    don't care...if you are looking that closely at my butt, I should be flattered, probs- but you're a perv.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    I wear nike or under armor leggings and have no problems with them being see-through. I suppose they're technically dri-fit running leggings, and they're expensive more expensive than the fancy print ones or basic department store alternatives. But a worthwhile investment for a runner and helpful for Oly lifting.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member

That was G-string/thong leotards wasn't it?
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member

Nope. lol.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member

That as well. Brand from the Goonies wore the shorts over the leggings lol
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member

That as well. Brand from the Goonies wore the shorts over the leggings lol
    "Good love. For you it's good love. For me it's gooood enough! Good enough for meee, aye yiy yiy yiy yiiiiiiiiy!"
    Hahaha, awww I love the Goonies.

As for leggings. I wear these great reversible sports leggings that are definitely thicker and completely squat proof. When I'm down a couple of sizes there is a pair of under armor leggings I want to try.

• Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Remember when Lululemon had to recall their yoga pants because they were too sheer? https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-03-28/what-lululemons-yoga-pants-recall-reveals
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Remember when Lululemon had to recall their yoga pants because they were too sheer? https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-03-28/what-lululemons-yoga-pants-recall-reveals

Yeah. And then the CEO got in trouble for saying people were too fat to be wearing them or something along those lines?
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »

Yeah. And then the CEO got in trouble for saying people were too fat to be wearing them or something along those lines?

Yup. That's why I've decided to never by Lululemon. When the CEO was running around fat bashing women I was like, "Ummmm nope!" So they don't get my money no matter what size I am.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    I never wear the ones with cotton...I hate how they get sweaty and wet and don't dry.

I wear the lycra/spandex/whatever type and they tend to be thicker and nothing shows through. I also like the compression that they give...it seems to reduce the likelihood of minor muscle injuries for me.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    I normally wear Nike pro shorts. If I'm wearing leggings, my thought process is more about ease of getting knee sleeves on than whether you can see something at the bottom of my squat.