How do you wear leggings and squat?!

Options
1235»

Replies

• LovesDogsAndBooks
    LovesDogsAndBooks Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    We have a cubby hole/countertop thing around the gym perimeter which is where most of us put our stuff, so the phone is probably pretty close to the owner.
    I've rarely seen a person in the gym who doesn't at least look at their phone at some point though. I don't think people would survive leaving in a locker.
    I can't say at this point I've seen someone who NEVER has their phone on them.
    Nope- lies- 3 guys. But they are old as methusala and they all work out in ripped denim jeans and construction boots- so that's a clue right there- (also none of them have smart phones if I was a betting woman) so yeah- it's a rare breed that doesn't even HAVE their phone on them. Most people do.
    raven56706 wrote: »
    at least you all are aware of your leggings sometimes...

i mean at my gym, some girls wear extra transperant pants and have their hair done... its pretty obvious what they are doing...
    lifting?
    I go full face to the gym. Yep- blown out massive eye shadow and crazy lipstick.
    Hasn't stopped me from lifting well yet.
    (actually I'm quite positive the key to a successful lift is lipstick)

I used to wear baggy workout pants and just bought my first pairs of leggings. It never even occurred to me that they could become see-through! And what would you actually see? Are you girls all naked underneath or wear thongs? I feel like I'm completely out of the loop here ...

you can see skin- and or thongs/underwears. I mean- I usually lift in t back or go commando. But they stretch and you can see the skin- depends on how comfortable you are with yourself on if that will bother you or not.
    something like this happens
    5jpfuuk97msz.png
    read the review here http://www.dbwanderlust.com/2016/03/11/gymshark-leggings-review/
    (I don't know anything about this blog- just sharing a find)
    raven56706 wrote: »
    at least you all are aware of your leggings sometimes...

i mean at my gym, some girls wear extra transperant pants and have their hair done... its pretty obvious what they are doing...

Working out?

Some dudes just don't understand women who go out looking nice usually aren't doing it for male attention, they just want to look good.
    I wear basketball shorts.
    Dunno, leggings just make me feel self conscious and naked. Lol.

I thought I was the only person who felt naked in leggings, I can't wear them.

I have a pair that aren't see through- but thing- and light- and they 100% are like having no pants on.

it's like the best feeling EVER.

#nopantsdance

As a male and I feel very awkward making a post about this but I have to agree on the best feeling ever. Bought some compression pants (sounds more manly if I don't call them leggings) was blown away at how comfortable they were. Had that "it all makes sense now moment." Also when I do squats makes my knee wraps not feel as uncomfortable compared to bare skin(old man knee's).

What's not to love- like you get home- most women strip their bra off- I'm like a dude- no pants- immediately. I love the feeling of no pants.
    pants = Leg prisons.

Not a fan. it's one of the reasons my leggings collection is so effing extensive!

OMG, I have never seen that before! Never noticed this at any of the, admittedly only 2 gyms I've gone to.

I'm not big into workout clothes, I mean brand names and such, I bought my first 2 pairs at Macy's, a brand called ideology, they're made of polyester and spandex. My workouts are probably not as intense as most of yours, but so far they feel great.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I wear basketball shorts.
    Dunno, leggings just make me feel self conscious and naked. Lol.

Yeah that's why i never wear them to the gym. I don't mind feeling naked at home haha. I also wondered where people keep their phone when they wear leggings. All my workout pants have pockets.

in my gym bag?

or just leave it in the locker.

Everyone at my gym carries around a bag though- backpack or duffle.

I have an IG video I took for funsies one day when we were all there- looks like we effing moved in to the gym- everyone set their bag in the same space- it was a lot of stuff.

People that leave their phone in the locker clearly don't need music when they work out huh!? I've seen girls put their phone in the waistband of their leggings and I can only imagine how sweaty the phone would get if i were to do that!

Phones for music is a fairly recent invention- before phones- there were mp3 devices ;)
    some people still use them.

I use an ipod classic and shove it in my bra- I can't imagine shoving my phone in my bra though. way to big.

But I know a lot of guys/girls at my gym who use Bluetooth- so the phone stays in their bag and they walk around w/o it.

Yeah, phones are too big and bulky to mess with during a workout, IMO. What a pain in the butt to have to carry that extra crap around. I still use a tiny little ipod for music.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I have an ipod too. The first gen were recalled so I sent it in (it was dead anyway) and got a brand new gen 2. The little square one that you can clip to your shirt. I've been using it for years.

Happily for me, leggings wise, I live near an outlet mall. Reebok and Nike are there.
  • jenilla1
    Options
    We have a cubby hole/countertop thing around the gym perimeter which is where most of us put our stuff, so the phone is probably pretty close to the owner.
    I've rarely seen a person in the gym who doesn't at least look at their phone at some point though. I don't think people would survive leaving in a locker.

I'm so old school. Phones annoy me. It amuses me how people are so addicted to them. I only have one because occasionally I need to communicate for work. (I might need it for an emergency some day I guess maybe.) If I need to look something up I just use my laptop or wait until later if I'm out and about. I hate having to lug that thing around, I'm not emotionally attached to it at all, and it's annoying when people call me. I preferred the good old days when I was independent and free. I don't actually want people to be able to access my private time 24/7. In fact, I routinely leave it at home or at least behind in the car when I go places. Actually, I do find it most convenient as an alarm clock. So I guess they are good for something. B)
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Some of these may be wearing a BT hrm and using an app to track heart rate and calorie expenditure. Thus they stop and check their heart rate.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »

I'm so old school. Phones annoy me. It amuses me how people are so addicted to them. I only have one because occasionally I need to communicate for work. (I might need it for an emergency some day I guess maybe.) If I need to look something up I just use my laptop or wait until later if I'm out and about. I hate having to lug that thing around, I'm not emotionally attached to it at all, and it's annoying when people call me. I preferred the good old days when I was independent and free. I don't actually want people to be able to access my private time 24/7. In fact, I routinely leave it at home or at least behind in the car when I go places. Actually, I do find it most convenient as an alarm clock. So I guess they are good for something. B)

Get off my lawn! *shakes cane*
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options

I'd happily leave my phone at home when I go to the gym, but my gym does not have clocks on the wall - so I need my phone to time my rests. And I'd write my programming on paper, but I have a handy app that tracks my weights since I need my phone for a timer anyway. And the music stinks at the gym, so while I have to have my phone on me as a timer and tracker, I get to listen to my own music while I'm there.

As for leggings, I buy dance wear pants that tend to be a bit more heavy duty. And Forever 21 actually has decent activewear and I love their shorts...not see through at all.
  • jenilla1
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »

Get off my lawn! *shakes cane*

vmpaynmq5a3w.jpg
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    See my issue is more with getting massive wedgies I have to somehow secretly pick before my next set without everyone seeing...
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    See my issue is more with getting massive wedgies I have to somehow secretly pick before my next set without everyone seeing...

Bahahahah another reason why i like wearing loose pants with granny panties TMI?!?!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Never even thought about it till I read this. Most people in my gym are checking themselves out in the mirrors anyway, not my butt.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Bahahahah another reason why i like wearing loose pants with granny panties TMI?!?!

loose pants?

my *kitten* eats them- if I squat -they wind up in my *kitten*- there is absolutely no way loose pants are better than leggings on that front.

and grannie panties- always just slide in - and I wind up with a wedgie the size of texas. #teambigolebootyproblems
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

I can't imagine being comfortable wearing those.
  • jenilla1
    Options
    I thought you were supposed to have a wedgie when you wear leggings. It's just part of the experience. So I just tune it out. What I don't like is when loose clothing gives me a wedgie. That feels awkward to me.