Aliens,Bigfoot,ghosts

Options

Replies

• FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Buk30 wrote: »
    Your dead to me pmsl
    So what you're saying is that once I'm dead, it's ok to visit? Ok, see then.

ltjurel1ejuj.jpg

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Do you want to hear something extremely funny, apparently there is this intelligent race living out their lives in space on a planet surrounded by billions of others just like it, but wait for it!....they think their the only Ones pmsl

Please let's talk about it here. Do they want to have sex with us and create a hybrid race? Are they picky?

I know, right? Is there going to be a lottery or whatever for this? Some of us around here are lonely.
    Actually your odds of winning the lottery are far worse then the odds of life been elsewhere in the universe

Okay, but what are the chances of this life elsewhere in the universe choosing me, personally, for odd fertility experiments of dubious and rather far-reaching scientific value?

And will there be wine first? Break the cosmic ice, and all that?
    Do you want to hear something extremely funny, apparently there is this intelligent race living out their lives in space on a planet surrounded by billions of others just like it, but wait for it!....they think their the only Ones pmsl

Please let's talk about it here. Do they want to have sex with us and create a hybrid race? Are they picky?

I know, right? Is there going to be a lottery or whatever for this? Some of us around here are lonely.
    Actually your odds of winning the lottery are far worse then the odds of life been elsewhere in the universe

Okay, but what are the chances of this life elsewhere in the universe choosing me, personally, for odd fertility experiments of dubious and rather far-reaching scientific value?

Your asking the wrong questions, "why would life want to choose you" It already did. Do you know what the odds were of you ever been here right now exactly as you are ? Go check it out and report back to me.

I've seen them, still random.

And if it is a case of, nothing this intelligent (uh...) could have just happened (without cosmic interference) then how did THEY happen? You know...the ones doing the cosmic interfering.

Again, this goes exactly with what I'm trying to say! Science doesn't have the answers.

Sure doesn't!

And the fallback of "therefore, aliens did it" has no less nor more legitimacy than "God pointed a finger and did it"... neither of which, IMO, has anywhere near the likelihood of: we didn't happen either by Bronze Age belief woo or by alien jizz, but rather, like MANY former mysteries that have since been solved, by some logical terrestrial means in line with the laws of physics but which we have not yet uncovered.

Just my view.

All I'm saying is we're not alone, that's my belief. If you want to believe that we are, that's cool, I'm not here to make you think anything different.

Sure. I believe this.

But why some or even any of that life is assumed to be more advanced than we are is beyond me. Yet that's typically the assumption. After all, even to reach Earth they would have to be amazingly, almost alarmingly more advanced than we are. But think about it, their planets are no older than ours. Life could have evolved sooner and on a more rapid intellectual trajectory than ours, plus they would have to have escaped random cataclysmic events - an unlikely scenario for ANY planet - in order for them to be at that point. Could it have happened anyway? Possibly, but it would be *at least as likely* that it did not. So life on other planets could just be our equivalent of plant life, for all we know. Or even a basic bacteria equivalent. Or the equivalent of us....or a little far forward than that. Or it could have been breaking a space time barrier but been set back or wiped out by a cosmic or ground-level event, war, mutated disease or anything g else as has happened with life here on earth, many times.

ASSUMING given a same planetary start date, so to speak, across the cosmos that there are alien races able to travel to us and in fact, that got there greater than 250,000 years ago (Homo species approximate start date) to create us, then....basically did nothing more about it for the next 250,000 years in some sort of very, very patient conspiracy is just...I mean come on. And even then the question remains that if it took this type of cosmic interference to create us then it sure as heck would have taken something similar to create THEM...and those things could be no planetarily older than they...so...yeah.

But is there SOME form of life beyond earth? That just by the numbers would seam to be without question; it would be very anti-logic to say "no."

What do you mean?????? None of this makes much sense "their planets are no older then ours" there planets out there that are millions of years older then ours. Our earth is still a baby in the grand scheme of things. There is a very good chance that life evolved millions of years ahead of us.

No. They are not. Where on earth did you get this? All space matter is the same age. Do you think some planets were "born" millions of years after the Big Bang or something? Space material cooled, were hit by meteors (and still are), broke into smaller parts (the moon may have once been part of the earth), became rounded due to simple scientific forces and so on but ALL space matter became "present" at the same time. Otherwise, where do you think Earth suddenly "came from"... "millions" of years after these mysterious other planets? This is information covered in any basic high school level science class. The Big Bang Theory is not ironclad but evidence shows it to be a current very good contender and to go the other way and assume planets took millions of years to suddenly somehow...I don't know, appear actually has NO support that I know of, not even theoretical.

Simple question, where do you think Earth suddenly came from "millions" of years after other space matter?
  • LAWoman72
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Your asking the wrong questions, "why would life want to choose you" It already did. Do you know what the odds were of you ever been here right now exactly as you are ? Go check it out and report back to me.

I've seen them, still random.

And if it is a case of, nothing this intelligent (uh...) could have just happened (without cosmic interference) then how did THEY happen? You know...the ones doing the cosmic interfering.

Again, this goes exactly with what I'm trying to say! Science doesn't have the answers.

Sure doesn't!

And the fallback of "therefore, aliens did it" has no less nor more legitimacy than "God pointed a finger and did it"... neither of which, IMO, has anywhere near the likelihood of: we didn't happen either by Bronze Age belief woo or by alien jizz, but rather, like MANY former mysteries that have since been solved, by some logical terrestrial means in line with the laws of physics but which we have not yet uncovered.

Just my view.

Any post that refers to: Alien Jizz, gets an automatic Awesome vote from me.

Well played.

I wonder whether it's green?

Or are they all off-white on the inside?

dang...

that's a lil' twisted

*friend request sent

I'm sorry.

I didn't mean to sound so gross.

I should have said "ecru."
  • LAWoman72
    Options
    Your dead to me pmsl
    So what you're saying is that once I'm dead, it's ok to visit? Ok, see then.

ltjurel1ejuj.jpg

Yeah, but then you have to come back and tell us about it on this thread.
  • LAWoman72
    Options
    I live directly next to a graveyard, no ghosts here.

Why would there be? Think about it? if your a ghost the last place you'd want to be is in a graveyard

LOL, actually...this is a good point.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options

Aliens.....highly unlikely. The thought of them is enough to scare anyone to death, probably just made up to add a bit of spice to the universe. And sell loads of films etc

For me it's all about the odds.

Billions of planets + billions of years....we're here, why not something else?

• Motorsheen
    Options
    Bigfoot definitely does not exsist I wasn't even fooled by that as a child. He's world champion at hide n seek if he's real. And where is Mrs Bigfoot?

She's probably right where she needs to be...

That is, making mr. bigfoot a bigfoot sandwich.
  • LAWoman72
    Options
    Bigfoot definitely does not exsist I wasn't even fooled by that as a child. He's world champion at hide n seek if he's real. And where is Mrs Bigfoot?

Aliens.....highly unlikely. The thought of them is enough to scare anyone to death, probably just made up to add a bit of spice to the universe. And sell loads of films etc

Ghosts, hmmm I ain't ever seen 1. And again it's creepy so probably made up again, sells films books etc but I'l get back to you if I am ever to see any of these things. Movies not included

And where is the Bigfoot poop?

Even if they could manage to round up their dead every single time, for every single Bigfoot and bury or burn them with some crazy technology we humans have not achieved that leaves literally no evidence...they must still poop. Right?

Yet not one of them out of all these millennia of life or at least over decades of our having specific analytical technology AND of thousands of "researchers" literally combing over every square inch of reported sightings in thousands of locales, has left a single poop behind on their many travels to be analyzed?

Or hair, they never leave any hair behind? Ever?

These are beyond a doubt the cleanest animals on earth.
  • LAWoman72
    edited May 2017
    Options

I 100% agree with this, I just don't buy that it is very likely that a whole bunch of them would have had super technology way before us AND found us AND decided randomly and inexplicably to sit a bunch of gibbons in dishes of sperm to make us all bald and smart. And then leave. (Motorsheen didn't say this, but others have intimated it.)

I don't entirely disbelieve it, I absolutely think it is *possible*, I just don't see any logical or practical reason for it, nor any actual evidence. I feel based on current evidence or lack thereof it is *at least as likely as not* that we evolved terrestrially.

Because again...if it takes genetic manipulation to make a very smart animal then where did the very smart animals that travelled light years to make US smart come from?

Taking this backward to a logical conclusion, SOMEBODY "just became" smart. Correct?

Given that, why couldn't we have done the same?

I fully believe there is life on other planets. It might be smart, or it might be bacteria. It might be anything.

I feel like such a naysayer on this thread but I always take these ideas to practical terms and application and they always just wind up sounding more woo and wishful thinking (we're star children, we're special, we were created for some special purpose) than real science, even speculative science.
  • LAWoman72
    Options

She's probably right where she needs to be...

That is, making mr. bigfoot a bigfoot sandwich.

Hairfoot and pregnant?
  • LAWoman72
    Options

Ghosts, hmmm I ain't ever seen 1. And again it's creepy so probably made up again, sells films books etc but I'l get back to you if I am ever to see any of these things. Movies not included

And where is the Bigfoot poop?

Even if they could manage to round up their dead every single time, for every single Bigfoot and bury or burn them with some crazy technology we humans have not achieved that leaves literally no evidence...they must still poop. Right?

Yet not one of them out of all these millennia of life or at least over decades of our having specific analytical technology AND of thousands of "researchers" literally combing over every square inch of reported sightings in thousands of locales, has left a single poop behind on their many travels to be analyzed?

Or hair, they never leave any hair behind? Ever?

These are beyond a doubt the cleanest animals on earth.

They really are quite something aren't they

Very enviromentaly friendly maybe they have special Bigfoot hair that doesn't shed. Or.....they gather the hair up and use it to knit little sweaters for baby Bigfoot...seems totally possible

OMG! I want a dead Bigfoot hair sweater.

Totally putting this on my Amazon wish list.
  • abrubru
    abrubru Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Fire turtle will be crying now as I'm not the only one with a brick short of a house apparently lol

I have an extra brick in my yard you can have... o:)
  • abrubru
    Options
    OMG! I want a dead Bigfoot hair sweater.

Totally putting this on my Amazon wish list.

But will it smell like wet bigfoot? Ewwww...
  • abrubru
    Options
    [

What do you mean?????? None of this makes much sense "their planets are no older then ours" there planets out there that are millions of years older then ours. Our earth is still a baby in the grand scheme of things. There is a very good chance that life evolved millions of years ahead of us.

No. They are not. Where on earth did you get this? All space matter is the same age. Do you think some planets were "born" millions of years after the Big Bang or something? Space material cooled, were hit by meteors (and still are), broke into smaller parts (the moon may have once been part of the earth), became rounded due to simple scientific forces and so on but ALL space matter became "present" at the same time. Otherwise, where do you think Earth suddenly "came from"... "millions" of years after these mysterious other planets? This is information covered in any basic high school level science class. The Big Bang Theory is not ironclad but evidence shows it to be a current very good contender and to go the other way and assume planets took millions of years to suddenly somehow...I don't know, appear actually has NO support that I know of, not even theoretical.

Simple question, where do you think Earth suddenly came from "millions" of years after other space matter?

Even though "space matter" is all the same age based on the big bang theory (...remember it's a theory not a law), planets formed at different rates around stars that collected space matter based on their gravitational pull. So technically, Earth could be younger than other planets in our universe, but not in our galaxy as the planets in our galaxy formed from the gravitational pull of our sun. BUT if you believe in a multiverse then there could be very young planets with new stars, or very, very old planets with very, very old stars...stars form all the time...and all of them attract matter from space...
  • Motorsheen
    Options

It wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't an impending doom that these aliens want to suck out our brains and do experiments on us poor humans. Heck some people even claim to have been abducted! It's all too far fetched for me. I think you grow up hearing about aliens and for some reason it sticks. Humans have inhabited the earth for ages and all we've got so far with regards to aliens is a wee green man with 3 eyes it's ludacris

If Stephen Hawking is afraid, then I'm afraid... well, at least on this subject:

http://www.space.com/34184-stephen-hawking-afraid-alien-civilizations.html