True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    I confess I am not sure how much more stress I can take.. I had never really understood what people meant by they have such high anxiety it manifests into panic attacks. The past few weeks, I have learned what this means and I don't know how to deal with it besides cry myself to sleep. Unfortunately, I have a strong feeling after today the stress and anxiety will only get worse for quite awhile before it gets better.

CBT and talk through your issues with someone who will just listen, not judge or try to solve (preferably a pro but anyone you trust will do).

Thanks, I just want the over thinking to stop... my mind is a million miles a minute non-stop right now but I don't want to revert to meds to stop it. If that makes sense.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    I confess I am not sure how much more stress I can take.. I had never really understood what people meant by they have such high anxiety it manifests into panic attacks. The past few weeks, I have learned what this means and I don't know how to deal with it besides cry myself to sleep. Unfortunately, I have a strong feeling after today the stress and anxiety will only get worse for quite awhile before it gets better.

CBT and talk through your issues with someone who will just listen, not judge or try to solve (preferably a pro but anyone you trust will do).

Thanks, I just want the over thinking to stop... my mind is a million miles a minute non-stop right now but I don't want to revert to meds to stop it. If that makes sense.

Yep its a common problem, you're not alone in it at all. CBT will help you recognise the triggers and help you stop the pattern you're going through now. Its a fantastic coping mechanism but it wont "cure" it. IMO you'd need to talk through the issues you have and work towards getting better in addition to CBT.

Anxiety was once described to me (by a lady I have the upmost respect for) as your brain activating the fight or flight response to situations that do not warrant it.
  • mrwineismybf
    mrwineismybf Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I'm still in bed :/
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

Yep its a common problem, you're not alone in it at all. CBT will help you recognise the triggers and help you stop the pattern you're going through now. Its a fantastic coping mechanism but it wont "cure" it. IMO you'd need to talk through the issues you have and work towards getting better in addition to CBT.

Anxiety was once described to me (by a lady I have the upmost respect for) as your brain activating the fight or flight response to situations that do not warrant it.

Pretty accurate description. And it gets scary because a lot of it is a mental thing but it has physical effects on your body if you don't learn to control it. Id second the suggestion of talking to someone about it and try to figure out exactly what your triggers are.

Practice taking deep breaths, get up and walk in you can, find ways to keep yourself grounded and calm
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options

I completely understand where you are coming from. I had my first anxiety attack 3 weeks ago. I talked to my doctor about the insomnia my anxiety causes. She put me on trazadone. It seems to help a little. Start off by talking to someone, whether it be a professional or a friend.
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    captbklee wrote: »
    When someone writes "Have a great week!" on my wall, I can't help but think that they don't want me to talk to them again until next week.

I think the same thing!! When I read that I'm like "well fine, I didn't wanna talk to you till next week anyway." :lol:
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Pretty accurate description. And it gets scary because a lot of it is a mental thing but it has physical effects on your body if you don't learn to control it. Id second the suggestion of talking to someone about it and try to figure out exactly what your triggers are.

Practice taking deep breaths, get up and walk in you can, find ways to keep yourself grounded and calm

I completely understand where you are coming from. I had my first anxiety attack 3 weeks ago. I talked to my doctor about the insomnia my anxiety causes. She put me on trazadone. It seems to help a little. Start off by talking to someone, whether it be a professional or a friend.

Thanks all, I hate putting personal stuff here but at the same time it is a coping mechanism for me. I will deal with it, just feeling really overwhelmed at the moment.

Funny about the deep breaths, that was the only way I could fall asleep last night. After a good cry, of course.

Again, thanks and I appreciate all the great advice.
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options

Thanks all, I hate putting personal stuff here but at the same time it is a coping mechanism for me. I will deal with it, just feeling really overwhelmed at the moment.

Funny about the deep breaths, that was the only way I could fall asleep last night. After a good cry, of course.

Again, thanks and I appreciate all the great advice.

You'll be surprised at how easy it is to let things out here. Something about not having to face these people in real life makes it easier to let the personal stuff out. Just hang in there. I started using an app called CALM. It seems to help me clear my head when I go to bed. There is also a meditation section on there. Maybe you can give that a try.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

You can make it through anything one second, one minute at a time. Sometimes going a day at a time is just too much. Take it down to focusing on the right now and not later. Hugs!!!!!

<3
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

*hugs*
    *b00b grab*
    *butt slap*

I hope things calm down and you feel better soon. Love ya.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

I understand not wanting to take meds if you don't have too. BUT there are times where it helps, it only has to be temporary. As a friend says, better living through chemistry.
  • MrStabbems
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

I understand not wanting to take meds if you don't have too. BUT there are times where it helps, it only has to be temporary. As a friend says, better living through chemistry.

Whilst this has its merits its not without pitfalls. In the uk we use I think beta blockers (I might be wrong on that) at first to take the "edge off". This is a short term useful solution and also not ideal.

With the main meds e.g citalopram and sertraline etc there is an adjustment period where things can get pretty bad when you start taking the meds and again when you stop (also happens when you increase and reduce dosages) so its not a good idea to have them as a short term solution.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I hate shopping for clothes these days. If it fits my tummy it's way to small over the shoulders and chest area and if it fits my shoulders and chest it's baggy everywhere else.

And pants.. well if they fit my thighs and bum they're baggy around the waist and vice versa.

And don't get me started on dresses.

I'm just gonna be wearing workout cloths 24/7
    Time to find a good alteration/seamstress. If the clothes are worth having theg are worth fitting
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options

*hugs*
    *b00b grab*
    *butt slap*

I hope things calm down and you feel better soon. Love ya.

There are dr. And meds to help you deal...and of course this happy little place filled with village idiots tk assist in offering context
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess I have some seriously fantastic MFP friends. <3
  • MrStabbems
    Options
    I confess I'm frustrated cause my muscle ups and strict hand stand push ups are going no where and the best coaches over here are all in Spain so I'm on my own

rings or bar?

Bar. I'm not as slow with the rings for some reason and my transition is better there

I must say im not a big fan of the movement but I would look developing more power and improving thoracic flexibility as well as the shoulders. How are you with high pull ups?

With your handstand pushups depending on your current strength I would suggest slow negatives. I've seen folks use yoga mats stacked up under them and do partial reps, remove a mat and go again.

Nah I can do one with out scaling it. My trouble is that when my head is on the floor I relax instead of bursting up again so I have to use all my strength to push myself up again. If you keep your body tight it's supposed to be easier :sweat:

Push through it then dude, stop relaxing! you're not on holiday your working out!
  • thedcubed1
    thedcubed1 Posts: 7,209 Member
    Options
    I just ate a double stuffed Oreo...and I don't even like them. WTAF?
  • chelsie2428
    chelsie2428 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I confess i'm bored AF at work and can't wait to go home