True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I confess @km8907 has me curious about those darn Shamrock shakes. I may be a rebel and grab one on my way home from work.
  • TheCounselorx
    TheCounselorx Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    I ran for the first time in 20 years last month..... I confess that I found the 1st mile really difficult... but then after all my flabby bits synchronized their natural oscillations with one another..... I found it much easier.... (I think the pro's call that "a rhythm"?)
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    I confess that I am absolutely, positively, without a doubt, never going to be a runner lol.... oi vay.

Never say never ;)

I run about as quick as most people walk. It's more of a really long stumble lol.

I "ran" a 5k where I was passed by elderly speed walkers :grimace:

The last one I did, my 8 y/o daughter and mother-in-law finished far enough ahead of me that they thought I got lost.

Finishing is all that matters. I did a 5k with my mom. She gave up after 1/4 of the way. Then she tried to get me to quit so we could have the Chick Fil A that was being offered. I finished dead last, but I did it just under an hour.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess I keep going to a Foam Glow 5k page and wanting sign up but chickening out. It's in August and I'm scared that's still not enough time.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Running sucks, I curse it the entire time I'm doing it but.its.an easy quick burn. So I do it
  • TheCounselorx
    TheCounselorx Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Running sucks, I curse it the entire time I'm doing it but.its.an easy quick burn. So I do it

same for me with $ex
  • thedcubed1
    thedcubed1 Posts: 7,209 Member
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    thedcubed1 wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I confess that I am absolutely, positively, without a doubt, never going to be a runner lol.... oi vay.

Never say never ;)

I run about as quick as most people walk. It's more of a really long stumble lol.

I said that too once...I still say that I'm not...but I sort of am...and I'm just in denial.

I have never admitted to being a runner and still don't call myself a lifter, yet I do both most days of the week. I don't love the stigma that comes with either. I rather say I practice badassery

I know right? The shirts and swag and medals and such that comes with being all hoity toity....which I now have a bunch of... haha

Just trying to make myself better than now

I have none of those things legitimately...but I do have several "medals" that I have fashioned for myself out of tinfoil and a white tshirt on which I wrote "You are a WINNER" with a sharpee.

Damn...I should've done that...much easier and cheaper option for sure!

Never say never ;)

I said that too once...I still say that I'm not...but I sort of am...and I'm just in denial.

I have never admitted to being a runner and still don't call myself a lifter, yet I do both most days of the week. I don't love the stigma that comes with either. I rather say I practice badassery

I know right? The shirts and swag and medals and such that comes with being all hoity toity....which I now have a bunch of... haha

I use the back of one of my medals as a mirror to put on makeup if I find myself in a situation where I should look a bit more alive. I don't think that was the intended use....

I honestly don't know what the intended use is for...it's not like I have a trophy room or anything!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess I keep going to a Foam Glow 5k page and wanting sign up but chickening out. It's in August and I'm scared that's still not enough time.

Usually things like a Color Run are more for fun that time. I have done several of these with people who can't run a full 5K and we walk part of it and it is still a blast. I don't know how all of them work, but the fun of the Color Run is the party afterwards. I would imagine a Foam Glow is similar. I want to do something like that this year

It's a night run and looks so much fun.
  • thedcubed1
    Options

Never say never ;)

I have none of those things legitimately...but I do have several "medals" that I have fashioned for myself out of tinfoil and a white tshirt on which I wrote "You are a WINNER" with a sharpee.

Damn...I should've done that...much easier and cheaper option for sure!

Never say never ;)

I use the back of one of my medals as a mirror to put on makeup if I find myself in a situation where I should look a bit more alive. I don't think that was the intended use....

I honestly don't know what the intended use is for...it's not like I have a trophy room or anything!

Not one of us believes you.

What?? I don't! I just keep a few things around for sentimental reasons... :innocent:
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I confess I don't care for pizza and I hate coffee.....

more for me then

Well after seeing you in action even if I did like those things you would probably knock me down and take them from me if you wanted them anyway lol!

haha you know it!
  • thedcubed1
    Options

Quite obviously it is because everyone deserves a participation trophy. Wouldn't want anyone to realize they didn't actually win

And it gives them an excuse to charge some of the ridiculous fees that come with these events...like WHY am I paying to run???
  • thedcubed1
    Options

Quite obviously it is because everyone deserves a participation trophy. Wouldn't want anyone to realize they didn't actually win

And it gives them an excuse to charge some of the ridiculous fees that come with these events...like WHY am I paying to run???

we know why...to add to your trophy room collection...there is no other reason

I told you it's not a trophy room! It's my Sentiment & Memories room..