The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sweet! I've always been a big dog girl. Pets in my life = Standard poodle, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Husky/wolf x, Rottie, Presa Canario.
    Names... Petunia, Cobra, Kayana, Lucas, Suede
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Currently have a Border Collie lab cross. My last seven have been English Mastiffs. I love the big dogs. :smile:
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Helllllooo night shifters. Ill add my dog in, mini daschund... I used to have a bull mastiff, quite the opposite end I am at
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Wow Stephanieross, one extreme to the other lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I love when clients come in with big dogs named silly things like tinkerbell or small dogs with names like brutus. No dog should be named killer.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Our standard poodle was named Petunia because in kindergarten my brother liked the book "Petunia the Silly Goose." So Petunia she was. We used to play a rodeo game with her that she absolutely loved, my brother would run across the lawn shaking the end of a long skipping rope and she would run after him and chomp down on it and tussle with him. She was the 'roped' calf and I would run out to them as fast as I could and flank her then pretend tie 3 of her legs. She would keep playing this with us until we were all tuckered out. We timed out 'events' too lol.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I always had German Shepherds growing up. Then my brother and I got Papillions lol. Total opposite in size but definitely big dog in a little dogs body. I love dogs. Today, my hubs and I have Max and Riley.
  • XshakyX
    XshakyX Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hey hey look at me back on nights for a bit.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Welcome back to nights. :smile: Glad to see you. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I think I need a better picture. Looked beautiful before I cropped it to fit. Now it looks like I have a head the size of the Kool-Aid man.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wow it's been busy! It's been a hard day for cats.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    It's my Friday!! It's my Friday!! No EOG proctoring this week. No OT. Woot Woot!!
    C'mon 6 pm!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    @bethanie0825 - sweet!
    I scheduled stuff on all of my days off this week. I'm not doing a very good job a resting, y'all.
  • canadjineh
    edited June 2017
    Options
    My 3rd rest day (today) is now taken up with me sitting in a bank overnight because their alarm system is not booting up properly. 2200-0800. Emergency callouts suck sometimes. Then tomorrow I have to to the dentist with only 5 hrs of sleep. :( At least there is a Keurig and a candy dish available ( and free WiFi). I think I may watch Netflix and binge on coffee.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I'm binge monster drinking. I'm not sure why these 36 hour shifts are killing me. I used to think a 36 hour shift was a breeze and a 52 hour shift was hard.
  • crtaylor7997
    crtaylor7997 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love when clients come in with big dogs named silly things like tinkerbell or small dogs with names like brutus. No dog should be named killer.

I have a dog named D.O.G.
  • crtaylor7997
    Options
    I work a swing shift so I'm 50/50 days and nights.

The conversation on pets I gotta add that I've got 2 wonderful Great Danes.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Great Danes=mega poo piles in the yard lol.
  • crtaylor7997
    Options
    Lol, but such well mannered dogs
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I love Danes. The only problem is, they are much more active than I am. I'll stick with English Mastiff. We both think a heavy day of activity is if we forget something in the kitchen and have to go back a second time. :smile: