megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Happy June everyone!

My stats:

SW: 147
    CW: 138.8
    GW: 130

Height: 5'4

I'm hoping to lose 4 lbs this month (a lb a week). I've been ketogenic on and off since the end of 2013 (put on it by my neurologist for seizure management) I went off of keto when I was pregnant and had a hard time getting back on. I struggled between 167 and 147 from 2015 through to this January when I decided to get back on track with the ketogenic diet. I'm finally losing weight again (albeit slow, but that's okay), and I'm close to my goal of being at my pre-pregnancy weight!
  • Kimberlyrobinson87
    Kimberlyrobinson87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'll join in. I have been doing keto a little over 3 weeks. Starting weight was 247, current weight is 233, and my goal weight is 180. I try to stay under 20g net carbs a day.
  • louislinus
    louislinus Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm in! I'm also new to this forum but certainly not new to dieting. I've done keto in the past and started again yesterday. I have pretty significant arthritis in my hips and keto is the only thing I have found to control that. Last time I did it Nov-Jan I didn't lose any weight (but didn't gain over the holidays) and my arthritis was well controlled. I was eating only keto foods but I wasn't tracking carbs so I know that's why the weight loss didn't happen.

This time I'm sticking to under 20 carbs a day. Am still trying to figure out if that's under 20 net carbs or total carbs. Yesterday I had 30 total carbs and 18 net carbs. I would have been great except for too much Halo Top.

Current weight 249. I started January 2016 at 268, got down to 229 and gained back 20 lbs. Goal weight 150. First goal is 10% so 224. (Yes I'm an old Weight Watcher)

June Goals
    - Under 20 carbs/day
    - Weight lift 3x a week
    - Ride bikes with my kids 1x/week
  • 30missa
    30missa Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 211
    Current weight: 203
    Goal for June: To get to 196 or below :smile:
  • megdnoorman
    Options
  • Donie43
    Donie43 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in - just started low carb, so I'm still figuring things out and could definitely use some support!

I'm over today (46 total / 30 net) - didn't realize just how much some things have!!! :smile:

Along with staying low carb, I'm trying to stick with foods allowed on the AIP diet also. I am dealing with fibromyalgia and hoping to reduce some of my pain and inflammation.

Starting Weight: 230 in Jan
    Current Weight: 215
    Goal Weight: 150

Goals for June:
    - Hit my 10k step goal every day (hard to do - I sit all day at work)
    - Reduce my pain / swelling enough that I am comfortable at my daughter's wedding on the 24th.

• lionessluv
    lionessluv Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Hello All, I am very new to Keto way of eating but super excited that I can sustain this for life! 30 days in and I am not sure how much weigh I've released because I am terrified of the scale but I feel great and positive I have lost tons of inches as clothes are so much more comfortable now.
    Last known weight March 2017 232 lbs, 1st goal is 199 lbs to return to One-derland. It's been 15 years since I was a resident, lol. Thanks in advance for the support new pals
    June goals:
    remain consistent and in ketosis
    start walking an hour everyday
  • angie608
    angie608 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, first day of Keto and am feeling inspired and disgusted already at my seeet craving. Cam 160 and he of 145 to prep for class reunion ;). Love ideas for tracking net carbs via this app or others.
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    37 total - 17 fiber = 20 net
  • ctizzle15
    ctizzle15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can I still join?
  • megdnoorman
    Options
    Chantel15 wrote: »
    Can I still join?

Everyone is welcome to join at any point :)
  • megdnoorman
    Options
    @Donie43 welcome! I hope this WOE helps with your pain. It definitely helps control my seizures and migraines.

@lionessluv welcome and good luck meeting your goals!

• huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    It's Day 7 of low-carb (I don't think I'm keto, since my Fat % is not high enough).
    I would appreciate any help, as I think I still have plenty of carbs-cravings.
    Tomorrow is free donut day, and I'm drooling at the thought (since I LOVE donuts).

I haven't weighed myself since I started back on low-carb.

SW: 119.0 on 5/8/17.
    CW: ?
    GW: 107 (I'm only 4'11"),
    Main focus is to reduce body fat: GBF: 22%

6/1: net carbs = 23

Amanda
  • megdnoorman
    Options
    Welcome @angie608!
  • megdnoorman
    Options
    Day 1:

Total: 36
    Net: 30

Cals: 1275 (not part of the challenge, I'm just proud that it's not like 23,000 lol)

I've been dealing with some pain related to endometriosis, so I very much want to just lay around and eat chips and salsa, but having a challenge and people to be accountable to makes it a lot easier not to fall into that trap -- so thanks everyone :)

Looking forward to everyone's day 1 numbers!
  • Kimberlyrobinson87
    Kimberlyrobinson87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Day 1 down.

Total Carbs: 26g
    Net Carbs: 15
    Calorie intake: 1375, daily target is 1550.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm doing low carb (not sure if it's keto, since my fat % is not high enough).
    I aim for carb: 5%, fat 40%, and protein 35%, but I never reach the fat level without purposely consuming "fat-bombs".

SW: 119 (5/8)
    CW: 116.2 (6/2)
    GW: 107 (I'm only 4'11")

But my main focus is to lose body fat
    CBF: 24%
    GBF: 20%

Yesterday was Day 7 of being back on low carb again.
    6/1Thursday = 37-14 = 23 net carbs

Maybe I need to reduce my carbs, because I am still dealing with cravings.
    Or I need to somehow fit in some oat bran stuff to fight some of these starches cravings.

Thanks for your support. I really need it!

Amanda
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Total Carbs 14
    Net Carbs 3

Had a great day keeping the carbs low, but I need to add some more veggies into the diet. My crop share landed me some swiss chard and Kohlrabi, both which seem to be really low carb and I have basically no idea how to cook. I did find a couple recipes on line, if they come out better than edible I will let you all know.

• megdnoorman
    Options
    Great numbers @Kimberlyrobinson87 !

@GorillaNJ let us know how those recipes pan out. I've never cooked Swiss chard or kohlrabi either. Also, your carb count it crazy low, did you just eat meat and fat? I have a hard time staying around 30 total, any tips on getting that number lower?
  • vixiwayhey
    vixiwayhey Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi.

Starting weight was 160 pounds, or 11 stone 6. Currently at 152 pounds, or 10 stone 12. Goal weight is 126 pound, or 9 stone, which would put me into the middle of the 'healthy weight range for my height, according to my BMI. I've been having in between 20 and 40 carbs a day and I'm just approaching the end of my second week of low carbing. Working so far!