griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    tagging
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

I need some protein ideas please.

I eat as much lean(ish) meat as I can without pushing up my fat intake and I already go through 1kg of protein powder in 2 weeks so thats not an option either.

Ok my diary is a mess now because I've been writing eams but usually I try to reaqch my macros. Fat does seem to be a problem though.

Any ideas?
  • Tania_181
    Tania_181 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »

I eat as much lean(ish) meat as I can without pushing up my fat intake and I already go through 1kg of protein powder in 2 weeks so thats not an option either.

Ok my diary is a mess now because I've been writing eams but usually I try to reaqch my macros. Fat does seem to be a problem though.

Any ideas?

Have you tried any meat-alternatives such as quorn?

• Morgaen73
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Tania_181 wrote: »

Any ideas?

We dont get that here but I'll look into meat substitutes thanks :)

I'll also have to look at .... vegeterrbles lol Not my fav but it is cheaper.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Tania_181 wrote: »

Any ideas?

We dont get that here but I'll look into meat substitutes thanks :)

I'll also have to look at .... vegeterrbles lol Not my fav but it is cheaper.

dairy, seitan (wheat protein), supplement with Whey, soy, beans, quinoa.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Any ideas?

I took a look at a couple of days - didn't really see pork, turkey, shrimp (or any other kind of seafood/fish)

shrimp is 23g protein/1g fat in 4oz
    pork tenderloin is about 22g p/3g f in 4 oz
    turkey breast is about 18g p/2g fat in 4 oz
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Agree w/psuLemon.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,164 Member
    Options

Any ideas?

This thread is excellent - links to a big spreadsheet that lists foods by protein efficiency (basically fewest calories for most grams of protein). That's going to inherently prioritize the lower-fat ones, 'cause calories.

Carbs and Fats are cheap. Here's a Guide to getting your PROTEIN's worth. Fiber also...
  • lltnandns
    lltnandns Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    tag
  • Morgaen73
    Options
    Thank you very much :)
  • RobBasss
    RobBasss Posts: 65 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sorry if this has been asked and answered, 62 pages... How is this vs bulk cut? Right now my goal is to get back to a weight I was before some injuries and life contributed to a 20lbs gain, once I am back, I do want to either try recomp or bulk and cut as I hear the latter is faster but cutting is pretty sucky?
  • psuLemon
    Options
    RobBasss wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked and answered, 62 pages... How is this vs bulk cut? Right now my goal is to get back to a weight I was before some injuries and life contributed to a 20lbs gain, once I am back, I do want to either try recomp or bulk and cut as I hear the latter is faster but cutting is pretty sucky?

Bulk and cuts are cycles of prolonged periods in a surplus and deficit respectively. Recomps are eating around maintenance (which you will have days of surpluses and deficits) and training hard. Through those periods, your body will build muscle and cut fat.
  • RobBasss
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    RobBasss wrote: »

Bulk and cuts are cycles of prolonged periods in a surplus and deficit respectively. Recomps are eating around maintenance (which you will have days of surpluses and deficits) and training hard. Through those periods, your body will build muscle and cut fat.

I read up on the concepts but from experience is one faster than the other? Better? Safer in terms of not getting fat, I ready bulk and cut you put on a lot fat potentially. I read recomp is slow, but want to hear some real world numbers not blog / online posts as every article contradicts the one I just read.
  • RobBasss
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Thank you for the data, that is a bit of time, but as you say it keeps you where you want to be, I have a couple more months before making a decision.
  • vjambois
    vjambois Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to all of this and I'm wondering what peoples' recommendations be for a BF% to start a recomp (for a woman)? I'm about 22-23% bf according to my not-so-scientific scale.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    vjambois wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to all of this and I'm wondering what peoples' recommendations be for a BF% to start a recomp (for a woman)? I'm about 22-23% bf according to my not-so-scientific scale.

You're in a good place then.
  • Ajocal18
    Ajocal18 Posts: 167 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Edited

Posted in the wrong thread lol!