"Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom " Group 7

Options

Replies

• amers55
    amers55 Posts: 46
    Options
    If someone can figure out what the intermediate weight is for me that would be great! Im having trouble understanding what it is!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    If someone can figure out what the intermediate weight is for me that would be great! Im having trouble understanding what it is!

It's whatever you want your midpoint goal to be--this challenge is supposed to last until 2012, so midpoint will be sometime around the middle of October. No rules, just pick where you think you should be by that point. :smile:
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Can I change my intermediate weight please. I really didn't understand either. I like it to be 135
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Just checking in real quick. No gym yesterday due to doc appt. and none today because I had my PRE-OP appt! Yay!!! Back at it tomorrow :)

Please put me down as no change for week 1.
  • mrsjohnson75
    mrsjohnson75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My weight last Friday was up .4 ( I weigh in at Weight Watchers on Friday). It was 152.8, my DH had to have oral surgery yesterday so I didn't work out but today is a new day. I'm staying within my points/calories...I just need to exercise more. This has always been the difficult part of the equation for me.

Tonight I will be doing my kickboxing video.

Take care ladies:heart:
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Okay, here's the most updated chart to include everyone's weigh-in's.

7kUlY.jpg

Hopefully that works okay. If everyone wants to weigh in sometime Friday or this weekend, just post your weight and I'll plug it into the chart for next week. FINGERS CROSSED that my netbook that I use at home and on the road has the capabilities since I'll officially be on vacation and out of town as of Friday!!!

Got my workout in early this morning--35 minutes on my elliptical. I feel so fortunate to have a great home gym, because if I didn't there is no way I would have been as successful as I've been to this point.

Keep up the great work ladies!!!
  • jeniferclark
    jeniferclark Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If anyone does start another group I would love to join!:wink:
  • amers55
    amers55 Posts: 46
    Options
    Ok my intermediate weight will be 137 please, I really hate that im always on MFP
    On my phone, when I zoom in to see the chart it always cuts half off. Anyway, im packing and

work!
  • Babbe
    Options
    Amy - Godd luck with the moving this weekend.
    Heather- Have fun on vacation
    Chari- Hope you are able to keep up the workouts while studying
    Izzie- hope the pre op went well

To everyone else keep up the good work.

Today my sister and I did about 60 mins of cardio on the machines and then walked around for a bit with the kids going to the splash/ wading pool area of the gym. It was fun to workout with her, both of us are competitive so we were trying to keep up with each other. To bad she lives in PA and not closer to MA. I haven't done that much cardio at once in over a week. I think I am going to feel it tom.
  • cmbradfield
    Options
    If another group is started, please let me know!!
  • Babbe
    Options
    Just checking in today. I am very tired so I only did about 25 mins of cardio at the gym today. I did go shopping for a birthday party this weekend which I put in 30 mins of walking. hoping to get some extra sleep tonight. My weigh in is tom. I will check in tom.
  • mrsjohnson75
    Options
    JUST A VENT...

Everytime I began to workout on a regular basis, my weight goes up! Its so frustrating. If I stop I go back to losing. Ive tried eating my exercise calories, and not eating them but I can't figure it out.

I do perfectly fine with my 29 WW points per day/ my 1230 calories per day. As soon as I add exercise into the equation...everything get screwed up.

I'm seriously considering stopping until I get to my goal weight then start exercising to tone.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    JUST A VENT...

Everytime I began to workout on a regular basis, my weight goes up! Its so frustrating. If I stop I go back to losing. Ive tried eating my exercise calories, and not eating them but I can't figure it out.

I do perfectly fine with my 29 WW points per day/ my 1230 calories per day. As soon as I add exercise into the equation...everything get screwed up.

I'm seriously considering stopping until I get to my goal weight then start exercising to tone.

Maybe it is sodium intake or something else? Your weight can vary depending on the time of week, what you've eaten, etc. My weigh-in day is always Thurs or Fri b/c I always weigh the lowest those days. I ALWAYS weigh about 2-3 pounds more on Monday-Tuesday, likely because of the salt and crap I eat over the weekend. Don't give up on working out--it's not all just about weight loss, but also cardiovascular fitness and your health in general!!

I weighed in this morning so will go ahead and post. I had a 0.7 loss, not huge but definitely in the right direction so I'll take it!!!

SW: 148.2
    IW: 140
    GW: 135

Week 1: 147.6
    Week 2: 146.9

Happy Friday everyone! Get your weights in and I'll update our chart. :)
  • Babbe
    Options
    Today was my weigh in day and I am 147.3. Down 1.3 from last week. Not sure how much exercise I will get in today because my youngest has a slight fever and is very cranky. Hoping to get at least 30 mins of some cardio.

SW 147.7
    IW 135
    GW 120

WK1 148.6
    WK2 147.3
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Today was my weigh in day and I am 147.3. Down 1.3 from last week. Not sure how much exercise I will get in today because my youngest has a slight fever and is very cranky. Hoping to get at least 30 mins of some cardio.

SW 147.7
    IW 135
    GW 120

WK1 148.6
    WK2 147.3

Great job and congrats on the loss!!! Definitely tough to get in a workout with a cranky little one. My daughter is the ONLY reason I workout at 5am. If I don't get in a run or get on the elliptical before I go to work it just won't happen--even if she's not being cranky! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can find 30 minutes sometime in the day to get it done!! :smile: :smile:
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Current weight: 153.2
    Down 1/2" off my waist and another 1/2" off my hips.
    Calipered yesterday at 18.95% body-fat using 7pt skin-fold by a master-trainer and pro figure-competitor.

Pre-op went well. I'm shocked that the surgeon wants to lipo 20-30cc off my "flanks". I think I'll try to beat him to the punch by getting my body-fat even lower, lol. I have to apologize to you ladies for having such SLOW scale results, I think I have my body composition to blame. It's pretty unrealistic to think those last 7-8lbs would be pure fat... I'd be down to 14-15%! That's like body-builder have no life eating only chicken and veggies low! Not to say I'm against losing lean mass, so long as my body-fat percentage holds steady or drops. The good news is that my trainer says I need to increase my intake considerably to see more weight loss. His bikini model/competitor has less lean mass than me and eats 600 calories a day more! So I went from 1700 to 1950 yesterday.

Ken: you sound like me when I hit my plateau. 1250 is still EXTREMELY low. Try 1500 for 2 weeks and I can almost guarantee you'll see the scale start to move in the right direction. It took realizing that my 1st 6wks of weight-loss I averaged a 1500 net and my 5 weeks of plateau where I averaged a 1450 net for me to see the "eat more to lose" argument clearly. 3+ weeks at 1700 and I'm down almost another 3lbs. Now I'm bumping up to 1950 though my eventual goal is 2200+.
  • mrsjohnson75
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words wanna_be_fit. I'll try to up my calories..its scary but I've heard that it helps many ppl...thx swimgoddess

I weighed in today and I'm at the same weight 152.8, I'm actually happy because I was 156 at the beginning of the week!

I'll keep exercising and making better choices. It's truly a journey...most of all I'll be patient!

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend.
  • Babbe
    Options
    I was able to go shopping today and walked around for an hour. That was my cardio for the day. I got home and now both the girls have fevers. 100.6 and 103.4. So hoping that they get extra sleep tonight to help. Maybe we might have to skip a kids birthday party tom.
  • Babbe
    Options
    I think this weekend was kinda a slacking in the exercise did was i could. This also means I went over in cals this weekend. My husband and I have a couples massage so I don't think much exercising will be done tom other than walking. Hoping to get in at least 30 mins.
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    WHO WANTS TO BE A HOT MOM – ALL GROUPS UPDATE!!

Hello, future hot moms! I noticed no one was tracking the 10 separate groups, so I thought I’d jump in! Basically, I love to track ANYTHING, I was bored today, and I want to instill some friendly group competition. Here are the group totals from 7/25’s weigh-in:

GROUP 1 – Lost 14.7 pounds (6 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 2 – Lost 0.6 pounds (4 out of 7 members reporting)
    GROUP 3 – Lost 16.5 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 4 – Lost 11.7 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 5 – Lost 2.8 pounds (4 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 6 - No Check-Ins (0 out of 7 members)
    GROUP 7 – Lost 2.5 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 8 – Lost 2.8 pounds (8 out of 8 members reporting)
    GROUP 9 – Lost 2.2 pounds (6 out of 9 members reporting)
    GROUP 10 – Lost 2.1 pounds (3 out of 4 members reporting)

GRAND TOTALS – 55 moms checked in, 55.9 pounds lost

Bragging rights go to Group 3 for losing the most weight! (Yay, team! That’s my group!!)

But before you get too excited, I also calculated the “% to GW” totals for each group. This is important, as there are major weight differences between each group with each member having a different amount of pounds to lose to reach her goal weight. I also could only calculate this percentage for the members who reported a GW. Here are the “% to GW” totals:

GROUP 1 – 2.62%
    GROUP 2 – 0.17%
    GROUP 3 – 6.3%
    GROUP 4 – 2.82%
    GROUP 5 – 0.36%
    GROUP 6 – No Check-Ins
    GROUP 7 – 1.46%
    GROUP 8 – 2.24%
    GROUP 9 – 1.18%
    GROUP 10 – 16.41%

Bragging rights go to Group 10 for the highest percentage!

Now you know how the other groups are doing.

Will someone please, oh please, adopt Group 6? I’d volunteer my group, but I’m not a captain.

Any suggestions for future updates? Did you find this helpful at all?? If yes, I can put all this info in an official chart and do it each week. Send me a message , and let me know! I included all the group names below, in case other captains want to check out what the other groups are doing….

Good luck with Monday’s weigh in!!

-- Future Hot Mamas – Group 3
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MAMA group 4 (closed group)
    -- Who wants to be a HOT MOM group 5
    -- Hot Moms Group 6 (closed group)
    -- “Who Wants to Be a Hot Mom” Group 7
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom?!: GROUP 8 CLOSED THREAD.
    -- Who wants to be a hot mom-Group 9 (closed group)
    -- Hot Mom (Closed group)-Mommies in Control