June 2017 Running Challenge

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    @lporter229 No, the plan isn't published. It's something I put together after consulting a physician in Apr. due to a bad case of runner's knee. I just took where I was at and added what we thought was a safe weekly mileage increase, and then split up the total mileage over the number of days I could run per week. So far, the plan has been working.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    I really should make an effort to get out and run in the AM least 1-2x a week. It's gonna be 60 in the morning... Why do I wait until it's 90-100 to try to torture a run out of myself?

Global Running Day seems like a good day to make a resolution. Anyone else wanna declare a change in the name of running?
  • Jodelieh
    Jodelieh Posts: 21 Member
    Bakins929 wrote: »
    So after I got home, I kicked my shoes off and noticed something unusual...

v199bdfrjx27.jpg

Is that a screw?! I went and got a screwdriver, the only time I can ever recall having to use a screwdriver on shoes, and backed it out. I'm very glad this wasn't 1/4" or 1/2" longer! I looked inside and it did not go all the way through. Whew!

1kz1ph2t4hbz.jpg

There is some new construction and some renovations on 2 of the roads I run down. Guess the guys got sloppy and dropped at least one screw on the sidewalk. I'll be on the lookout from now on!

Ai, I am a minimalistic/ barefoot runner... that would have hurt to me, thank God, you had regular shoes on!
  • Jodelieh
    Jodelieh Posts: 21 Member
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    @Bakins929 - Impressive! You have very eloquently presented the argument that convinces me not to try to become a barefoot runner.

As a minimalistic/ barefoot runner you always scan the floor, but than again the way you run is so different from 'normal' and I am in less pain. My joints tend to become painful.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    @Marissaxzxzxz sorry to hear about the chest infection last month. Glad you could get back to it this month!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    @Ohhim your running at all so soon after thr half IronMan is pretty amazing. Awesome job!