Losing 30 lbs in 3 months, who's in?

Replies

• Heatherpuggy2018
    Heatherpuggy2018 Posts: 42 Member
    I'm down. New to this (joined yesterday) but I started my weight loss journey at the beginning of the year and would love to focus on a goal for the next few months. I am not sure what I need to do "add" this thread/group(?)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    I'm down. I have 26 to lose and I have goals set to do 2lbs a week for loss.

If you only have 26lbs to lose, setting up a 2lbs per week loss on mfp won't actually get you a 2lb per week loss since mfp refuses to take anyone below 1200 (unless your maintenance calories are 2200).
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    I'm down. I have 26 to lose and I have goals set to do 2lbs a week for loss.

If you only have 26lbs to lose, setting up a 2lbs per week loss on mfp won't actually get you a 2lb per week loss since mfp refuses to take anyone below 1200 (unless your maintenance calories are 2200).

I'm able to complete my diary at 1K calories and I'm not eating back my exercise calories. So yeah, I'm so down for losing these 26 lbs in 3m.
  • jessmorgan182
    jessmorgan182 Posts: 10 Member
    I'd actually love that haha.

Unrelated but I see a lot of people saying it's only really possible for those of an obese category, which is what I would probably place myself in. I haven't got weighing scales but I'm probably over the 200lbs weight, what would you consider a healthy weight for me to lose per week? I've put down 1.5 but if I can aim higher or even fluctuate between goals each week then id be happy too
  • iywatkins
    iywatkins Posts: 1 Member
    30lbs in 3 months sounds great.
  • lucypstacy
    lucypstacy Posts: 178 Member
    That seems a bit ambitious. I did it, but that's only because I was just starting out (so a lot of it was water weight), and I was quite obese.
  • suhashmi
    suhashmi Posts: 22 Member
    Planning on losing 27 lbs in 3 months
  • carriebevins
    carriebevins Posts: 1 Member
    Hi

I'm newcon here (did it back in 2013 but have put on over a stone since then! Can't seem to shift it off) I think having a shared time limit to loose a set weigh is a fab idea as we can all encourage each other :)

I'm going for 20lb in 12 weeks.... Good luck everyone and keep posting your progress and challenges xx
  • Heatherpuggy2018
    Heatherpuggy2018 Posts: 42 Member
    caradee19 wrote: »
    I think that everyone means to be supportive, but some of these comments are very pedantic and condescending, and I know that you don't all intend to sound that way.

I thought it was just me thinking that - whilst it is brilliant that people share experience, knowledge (and yes), cautionary views on here - I am pretty shocked at the sanctimonious tone of some. I am new here - Having just left a well known weight loss diet site membership and I find the tone of some of the posters on here really off-putting and whilst that may be the idea behind the posts on this particular thread - it could also put people off joining in on stuff they would find useful on other topics.
  • NewboldOne
    NewboldOne Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2017
    Count me in. I work in KG's here, so I checked and 30Lbs = 13.6 KG's. Since am currently listed as very overweight by BMI, my target is 10 KG's, more if I can manage it. Need to be a healthy BMI to apply for the RAF Reserves, so.. this is it, now or never, do or die. Tired of the little bitty stuff. It sucks attention and effort IMHO. Let's DO this!! :)

This is where I'm personally starting from, this time:

h34s5ij649ph.png

5ft 3.5 inches = 161.29cm, BMI now: 33, Target: 25 = 62 KG's

Already lost 23 KG's but it took an age and now I've hit a plateau and been around the same weight for a while, so clearly something's got to change.

Onwards and upwards!! :smiley::smiley:
  • NewboldOne
    NewboldOne Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2017
    Thanks for the inspiration mate.. :smiley::smiley:
  • tomorrowcounts
    tomorrowcounts Posts: 3 Member
    I am in as well. I have 30 more to lose. Down 30 so about halfway there. I am thinking a pound a week realistically, 2 pounds would be even better. I lose extremely slowly even with dr. supervision.