Losing 30 lbs in 3 months, who's in?

Options

Replies

• sophie7591
    sophie7591 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Maybe yours wasn't the comments being talked about. I'm sorry but saying things like "good luck losing muscle and "see you back here next summer" isn't helping anyone here and is certainly snarky and condescending.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Honesty is often hard to hear. Yes, you CAN lose that much that quick but SHOULD you? My opinion is that it is a bad idea for several reasons.
    -You are not learning how to maintain the weight loss and will probably have to repeat your "diet" over and over and over again.
    -As others have said, you risk muscle loss, as well as other health concerns. Have you heard the term skinny fat? It is not an attractive look.
  • Chyll88
    Chyll88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • tswangler
    tswangler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im in. I need to get this weight off. ASAP. I'll do my best to keep up. I think some accountability to a group would help.
  • sbrant316
    sbrant316 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • lillifer23
    lillifer23 Posts: 14 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    If you lose better in the summer, what happened last summer? Do you try this every summer? Why not adjust your intake a little and the thirty pounds will be gone by next summer.
    I naturally exercise more in the summer. I lost 25 lbs last summer not trying but not trying to make my life healthier meant I gained it back. So I'm putting effort in to better my life this year.

• lillifer23
    Options
    Lol I love all the judgement. Last summer I lost 25 not trying just eating better and exercising. I gained it all back however so this year I'm going to actually try to live healthier. Don't worry I'm eating plenty and I literally said I'm not worried about the actual numbers so maybe you all can relax a little.
  • lillifer23
    Options
    Cut back drastically, burn off muscle, run out of self-control, get even fatter because of reduced muscle mass, see you next summer?

You know what assuming does. I actually lost 25 lbs last summer not putting effort into a healthier lifestyle just the type of exercise I get during the summer. I still had muscle lol
  • lillifer23
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    lillifer23 wrote: »
    I'm trying to lose about 30 lbs in the next 3 months.
    I'll be eating healthy than I have been and hopefully hiking at least 2 to 3 times a week if not then I'll be doing cardio in another form. Before anyone says why rush the losing and put a number on it- I lose best in the summer so I'm going to try to do it then and my numbers are just estimates, I'll be happy when my body feels healthiest.

Who's in to lose a goal in these next 3 months! Add me and we can support each other and give advice.

But depending on your current weight losing 30 lbs in 3 months won't make your body be at it's healthiest. It's setting your body up for muscle loss.

Exactly why I put that last part that you literally highlighted. I'm saying I'm not going by numbers. I guess I should've added my time with losing in the past so I may not get such judgmental responses.
  • osowskip
    osowskip Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 319. For me that would be ambitious but within the 1% a week. Don't go too fast.
  • lillifer23
    Options
    Honesty is often hard to hear. Yes, you CAN lose that much that quick but SHOULD you? My opinion is that it is a bad idea for several reasons.
    -You are not learning how to maintain the weight loss and will probably have to repeat your "diet" over and over and over again.
    -As others have said, you risk muscle loss, as well as other health concerns. Have you heard the term skinny fat? It is not an attractive look.

Im not dieting Im changing my lifestyle for the better which I previously have not. Usually I just exercise and don't change my eating. I'm not concerned about the numbers as I said in my original post. I made the mistake of not mentioning last summer without a diet Change i lost 25 lbs not planning on it just From my exercise and then gained it back. That's where I got the 30 lbs
  • lillifer23
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »
    I don't see where people are being condescending. I see a lot of people who are stressing the fact that unless you are morbidly obese, that rate of weight loss is NOT healthy and you will lose not only fat, but lean muscle mass as well.

Look at the post count of those who are stressing that it is dangerous, compared to the people who are gung ho about losing 30 lbs in 30 days. Those people have been here, have lost weight, have experience ,and are a wealth of knowledge. Why not use that as a learning tool?

It's actually 30 lbs in 90 days. But good math there. And I actually see a lot of people making assumptions who don't know the details of someone else's life. Or my past losing and gaining.
  • lillifer23
    Options
    karahm78 wrote: »
    So we are supposed to enable behaviors that are not healthy or go against the spirit of how MFP works? Sometimes people need to be told what they don't want to hear, what they do with that is up to them.

Eating 1000 cals and not eating exercise cals is netting well under a healthy amount and should not be done, point blank.
    karahm78 wrote: »
    So we are supposed to enable behaviors that are not healthy or go against the spirit of how MFP works? Sometimes people need to be told what they don't want to hear, what they do with that is up to them.

Eating 1000 cals and not eating exercise cals is netting well under a healthy amount and should not be done, point blank.

Seeing as you don't know how many calories I eat or my exercise habits maybe you should hear that you're making false assumptions and should back off. I would understand if one person made a comment that they're worried it's unhealthy. But not knowing the details makes it hard for anyone to back that up