Christmas Countdown Challenge (CLOSED GROUP) - Week 1

Options

Replies

• JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    UGH! :grumble: Finally got home from work. I left my hours 14 hours ago and I'm finally getting a chance to sit still for a moment.

Great job with the challenges everyone!!! It's interesting to see how something that sounds so simple can prove to be quite difficult at times. For the first time I managed to pack 64oz in while at work. :noway: I probably owe them an hour or so for the amount of time walking back and forth to the bathroom but hey, I met my water challenge :) As far as the fruits/veggies, had some cantelope and an orange. I'm not sure whether to count the banana I had today as it was attached to pudding and shortbread (a treat my co-worker makes and my weakness :embarassed: ). Anyway, it's dinner time for me. Looks like I'll be packing a couple veggies in for good measure.

Love the recipes! I'm excited to try the stir fry, that's right up my alley!

I continue to update the chart on my end to have it ready to post next week after the weigh ins. If there's any information that you haven't given me yet, please do so as soon as you can so that I can clear it all up. This includes measurements!!! :blushing:

Keep up the updates! I love reading how everyone is doing :heart:
  • roseagee
    roseagee Posts: 26
    Options
    Thank you so much for putting this together. The challenge sounds really simple but I know thats alot of water to go down...and a lot of water to come out.. :laugh: I ready to get started :drinker:
  • yramesor333
    yramesor333 Posts: 152
    Options
    ZUCHINI LASAGNA .....cant taste the veggie no noodles and taste awesome!!!!

Sounds great, thanks for sharing!
    yvmw :)
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Only got in 42 oz of water today. Fruits and veggies are gonna be harder for me. Today I had strawberries, corn on the cob, tomatoes and green beans.
  • yramesor333
    yramesor333 Posts: 152
    Options
    @jen well look at it this way you got your water in and exercise walking back and forth 2 bathroom lol !!! i got all my water,fruit and veggies in and some ...whoot woot!!!! will post a chicken crock pot dinner tom ...lots of veggies in it :) im loving this cookin healthy !!!
  • azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    WOW! I didn't have a chance to check-in all day and look at all that I've missed. I will make sure to drink all my water tomorrow and have my veggie/fruit intake... In case you didn't get, my goal weight for christmas is 180.
  • adrehe
    adrehe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just finished meeting water goal ans consumed 1 serving of fruit and 4 servings of veggies! This was a great challenge it helped keep me focused on health and every little victory feels great!
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    This will be an easy one for me! I've got the water part down and most of the fruits/veggies. I'm stoked! And as soon as I find my tape measure in whatever box it's hiding in, I'll send you my measurements!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    :wink:
    i've only drank like, 16 ounces of water today, and no fruit or veggies! i still have time to make a dent in my water - veggies probably aren't going to happen at this point, but tomorrow's another day, and i have 139 challenge participants to kick me in the *kitten*!

Consider this your first virtual *kitten* Kicking!!!
  • FLmom2J
    FLmom2J Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow, this thread moved fast! I'm just now getting on for today but I'll make sure to start the weekly challenge tomorrow. Great job everyone. Feel free to friend me :)
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Wow Jenn, you obviously put in a lot of time and work into this--thanks so much! I'm excited to be CCCing with everybody! :)
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Walking in the amusement park today equaled a lot of water drinking so I know I did 64 plus, but I'm not sure how much plus it was.
    As far as fruits and veggies go I had a large glass of juice (which I'm counting at 2 servings), a banana, and for lunch a lettuce salad. As a plus I was telling my daughter (18) about the challenge, and I think she may be working to meet it also. I know she has been upping her water intake too.
  • jesse14472
    jesse14472 Posts: 161
    Options
    bump

Wow! 140 supportive friends....that's awesome! I just checked in, so I missed the challenge yesterday and today. I will start it tomorrow. Great first challenge, since I have been trying to drink more water. Also a great reminder to eat all the lovely fruit/veggies that I just bought. Thanks for all the time consuming data collecting, Jenn.
  • leslyta
    leslyta Posts: 70
    Options
    Ill try and send you mine ASAP.. but i'm so glad i'm doing this.. I def need to drink more water!!
  • Felesina1
    Felesina1 Posts: 142
    Options
    http://blisstree.com/feel/do-coffee-and-tea-count-as-daily-water-intake-115/

So I looked up your article and the references. Upon further research it is interesting that indeed the medical community and fitness community are split on this. Some research shows that caffeine increases urine output while others show no significant increase. The ultimate source of truth of this issue for you is your body! I know that for me, I tend to drink less water and my urine is darker when I drink only green tea versus being thirst more often and having light/lemonaid colored urine consistently (hydration indicator) when I stick to water. So be your own judge by listening to your body! Thank you Meggers123 for encouraging me to look into this issue a bit more! Sometimes even us nurses forget to go back to the research versus sticking with info that has been passed on to us blindly!!!
  • Felesina1
    Felesina1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Do you have a calorie count and serving size for your Veggie Lasagna?
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I managed to drink plenty of water yesterday and achieved fruit/veg intake. I've been bashing my head on a mental brick wall for last 2-3 months with mindless grazing at work and worse still on the wrong type of foods (chocolate and sugared ladened foods) but this week I'm trying to eat more fruit instead. I have found banana, strawberries chopped up and mixed with a yoghurt in a bowl looks and is very filling

I have been bringing in Starburst and Minstrels but I'm now reducing how many I bring in and hopefully over next week or two will get to point that no longer need or want them. I'm going to go for some hypnotherapy which may help smash the brick wall down and deal the issue(s) that put it there in the first place.
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness I just tried the Zucchini Lasagna and it was absolutely delish!!! Thanks again for posting the recipe for us :love: . My DH even licked his plate!! I cut out a lot of the cheese and added more veges (which means I was able to complete todays challenge). My husband wants to know when we are having it again :wink:
    Hope everyone's week is going well.
    I'm off to drink the last of my water for the day.
  • shaverkl191
    shaverkl191 Posts: 131
    Options
    Dragged myself out of bed this morning and went for a run! So glad that I did, feeling great now. I'm off to a good start with the challenge today also. Already have 16oz of water, 1 veggie serving and 1 fruit serving! Whooo!
  • CarolM742
    CarolM742 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am so excited for this challenge. I already was on treadmill for 1/2 hour and will drink 64 ozs of water today. I bought a new water bottle to bring to work just for this challenge!