Christmas Countdown Challenge (CLOSED GROUP) - Week 1

Options

Replies

• cmpinklisa
    cmpinklisa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got 96 oz of water, my veggies, and most of the fruit in! Thank you!!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the challenge today everyone! I probably won't be on much today as I am leaving shortly to take my EIPA (Educational Interpreters Proficiency Assessment). This has been 7 years in the making for me so I am super nervous. If I receive my certification, I'll be able to interpret in the schools and finally move on to doing something I love :)

You are all so committed and wonderful! I love seeing the drive to success! Have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!!!
  • lauralu71
    lauralu71 Posts: 23
    Options
    Jenn
    Wishing you the best of luck on your exam!! If you give your students even half as much as you have given all of us in the CCC within the last two days they are one lucky bunch and will be blessed to have you! Be sure to keep us posted :)

((Hugs))
  • liz4214
    liz4214 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I did ok on the challenge yesterday. I met my water intake but struggled with the fruits/veggies. Jenn I will get you my measurements this evening. I've been super busy! Have a great day everyone.
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Jenn, hope you rock it!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! :)
  • shaverkl191
    shaverkl191 Posts: 131
    Options
    GOOD LUCK JENN!!!
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Jenn!!!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Jenn! You'll do awesome!
  • yramesor333
    yramesor333 Posts: 152
    Options
    good morning everyone !!! here is my recipe for the dinner i had last night !!! low fat

CROCK POT CHICKEN

Ingredients

3 chicken breasts

Chicken Flavored Rice

LOWFAT Cream of Celery Soup

Low Fat Cream of Mushroom Soup

1 c water

salt (optional)
    NOTE I ALSO ADDED SOME RAW CARROTS AND FROZEN STRING BEANS , JUST LAYERED THEM ON TOP!!!

Directions

Put rice in crock pot w/ water. Combine soups and layer on top of rice. Salt chicken & layer chicken in crock pot. Set on high for 4-5 hours or low or autoshift for 7-10 hours.

Number of Servings: 4
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your Exam! This water and veggies challenge is a no-brainer for me. I do it by having at least 2 servings of veggies at dinner, and for my morning and afternoon snacks I have a good 2 servings worth of veggies, but have a smaller amount of 3 different veggies (plus some kind of protein!) for variety. I hope this helps some of you who struggle with it :)
  • yramesor333
    Options
    Do you have a calorie count and serving size for your Veggie Lasagna?

YES i do ...this is without adding the extra cheese or meat

lasagna

5 of 5 (2)

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 8
    Calories: 297.7
    Total Fat: 16.3 g
    Cholesterol: 79.9 mg
    Total Carbs: 9.2 g
    Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g
    Protein: 29.6 g
  • yramesor333
    Options
    Oh my goodness I just tried the Zucchini Lasagna and it was absolutely delish!!! Thanks again for posting the recipe for us :love: . My DH even licked his plate!! I cut out a lot of the cheese and added more veges (which means I was able to complete todays challenge). My husband wants to know when we are having it again :wink:
    Hope everyone's week is going well.
    I'm off to drink the last of my water for the day.
    awesome !!!! im glad you and hubby liked it :) im a cheese freak (lol) so i always double mine !! i put a new recipe up crockpot chicken my adult kids and hubby loved it (was no left overs lol
  • yramesor333
    Options
    good luck jen,im sure you will ace it
    :)
  • gennybunny1
    gennybunny1 Posts: 209
    Options
    Good luck Jen!!

My measurements for this month are:
    Bust: 42 inches
    Waist: 36.5 inches (finally smaller than my husbands)
    Hips: 46.5 inches
    left Arm: 13 inches
    left Thigh: 27.5 inches

Tues challenge: Met
    working on todays!

Thanks for all your hard work!!!
  • Cmuehe
    Cmuehe Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited! I frantically looked for my name on the list, and was so excited when I found it, I almost cried! YAY!!

Last night was such a tough night for me emotionally. Tony and I got into a bit of a spiff - well, hurtful things were said by both, and quite honestly it was a verbal fight. So, of course, what did I do? I ate macaroni and cheese (my comfort food) at 11:00 PM last night watching 27 Dresses. :sad: Then, I had a good cry. Finally, at 1:00 AM I slept.

Today is better. Today is the "present" - a gift from God. So, I'm going to use it to be stronger and learn from my PAST mistakes. Today I'm going to eat well, because I deserve it. My body deserves it. My mind deserves it. My overall health deserves it. And, because when it comes right down to it, macaroni and cheese at 11:00 PM at night does NOT make me feel better.

And, I'm going to blog about it. I'm going to say things that never in a million years would I have ever said to 140+ people I don't know, like what I'm saying now, because they're going to help me pull through it. My CCC friends will let me know that it's OK, and we all make mistakes, and it's time to be strong and move forward. Yesterday was the past and today is the "present" - beautifully wrapped and waiting for me to open it up and marvel at what's inside. ~ Christine
  • cohawk11
    cohawk11 Posts: 69
    Options
    So sorry to hear you had such a rough night last night, but SO PROUD of you for being SO BRAVE to share your feelings!!! We ALL experience good and bad days, triumphs and setbacks...being able to share your most vulnerable thoughts and feelings makes me admire and love you even more than I already do!! I am ALWAYS here for you, and now you have a new support group, too!! :flowerforyou:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Good luck Jen! You will rock your exam! free-cute-smileys-368[1].gif
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    yay!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited! I frantically looked for my name on the list, and was so excited when I found it, I almost cried! YAY!!

Last night was such a tough night for me emotionally. Tony and I got into a bit of a spiff - well, hurtful things were said by both, and quite honestly it was a verbal fight. So, of course, what did I do? I ate macaroni and cheese (my comfort food) at 11:00 PM last night watching 27 Dresses. :sad: Then, I had a good cry. Finally, at 1:00 AM I slept.

Today is better. Today is the "present" - a gift from God. So, I'm going to use it to be stronger and learn from my PAST mistakes. Today I'm going to eat well, because I deserve it. My body deserves it. My mind deserves it. My overall health deserves it. And, because when it comes right down to it, macaroni and cheese at 11:00 PM at night does NOT make me feel better.

And, I'm going to blog about it. I'm going to say things that never in a million years would I have ever said to 140+ people I don't know, like what I'm saying now, because they're going to help me pull through it. My CCC friends will let me know that it's OK, and we all make mistakes, and it's time to be strong and move forward. Yesterday was the past and today is the "present" - beautifully wrapped and waiting for me to open it up and marvel at what's inside. ~ Christine

I'm sorry to hear about your night. But you have an incredible out look. Today is a new day, and you can make better choices.