Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I explained how volumetrics works.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Huge green salad with red onion,tomato, arulga, mixed greens and topped with a grilled Beast Burger with pepper jack. Dessert was chia pudding. Good to go for the night.

Also added a sprinkle of nutritional yeast. The jury is stil out on that. Have you tried it?
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    I tried the shirataki noodles tonight. They are not bad. Lots of room left for snacks this evening!
    6sld5q8n923y.jpgm95zo65okc28.png

No offense, but that looks like a fatty brain :open_mouth:

There is a lot of grey matter! :D
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I tried the shirataki noodles tonight. They are not bad. Lots of room left for snacks this evening!

I've always wondered about shirataki noodles. What's the texture like and is it hard to prepare?

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options

I've always wondered about shirataki noodles. What's the texture like and is it hard to prepare?

Rinse and dry fry. It's a bit gelatinous
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

That is what I did. It was the first time having it. I was prepared for this horrible smell and gummy texture. I just didn't find it that bad. The smell did not overpower the kitchen - I had to stick my nose in the bag because I thought I was missing something! The texture was very similar to other asian noodles I have had.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

That is what I did. It was the first time having it. I was prepared for this horrible smell and gummy texture. I just didn't find it that bad. The smell did not overpower the kitchen - I had to stick my nose in the bag because I thought I was missing something! The texture was very similar to other asian noodles I have had.

Yeah! Dry frying is key. It doesn't say to do so on the package but moisture is not their friend. After a rinse and a fry they are wonderful.

I use the macaroni ones to make mac and cheese with laughing cow wedges and some 80 calorie garlic and feta chicken sausages from Bilinskis. Huge bowl of mac for like 300 calories. I eat two bags of shirataki at once lol.

Can you add the noodles to soup? I have tried them in a stir fry before but want to add them to my miso
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options

I use the macaroni ones to make mac and cheese with laughing cow wedges and some 80 calorie garlic and feta chicken sausages from Bilinskis. Huge bowl of mac for like 300 calories. I eat two bags of shirataki at once lol.

Ooh I am intrigued. Do you just chop and stir in the LC 'til it's melted? Any particular one you like best? I haven't seen the macaroni ones yet but I'll keep an eye open, this sounds great.