Low carb (keto or otherwise) for June!

Options

Replies

• lovelifehealth
    lovelifehealth Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    109 - 17 = 92
    35 carbs came from sugar, the rest were healthy foods and snacks. Tomorrow I'll do better with my carb choices.
  • Kimberlyrobinson87
    Kimberlyrobinson87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    June 10th

Total calories: 1216

Total carbs: 9g
    Net carbs:6g
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    30 total - 13 fiber = 17 net
  • lovelifehealth
    Options
    49 - 7 = 42
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    I did not log my foods over the weekend but I was spot on the whole time... Even yesterday after having a few too many shots of whiskey and my buddy brought out a big hero, I just ate the meat and not the bread.
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    GorillaNJ wrote: »
    I did not log my foods over the weekend but I was spot on the whole time... Even yesterday after having a few too many shots of whiskey and my buddy brought out a big hero, I just ate the meat and not the bread.

Congrats! That is a huge accomplishment. I wish I could say the same for myself. I keep struggling over the weekend and there is really no excuse. As usual, I am back on track today and hoping that I can make these changes more sustainable. You made a comment in your previous post about not trying to fit things in that don't follow the diet. I think, for me, that may be the key to this whole thing.
  • Kimberlyrobinson87
    Options
    June 11th

Total calories: 1220

Total Carbs: 24g
    Net Carbs: 15g
  • lovelifehealth
    Options
    60 - 10 = 50
  • jajohnso77
    jajohnso77 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I keep forgetting to post updates here =/

June 12th

Total Calories: 1428

Total Carbs: 30
    Net Carbs: 14

• GorillaNJ
    Options
    Total 47
    Net 24

Those numbers seem high to me, I had a big bowl of sauteed spinach with dinner last night and that counts for 18 Total carbs but only 3 net.

Had a good workout last night, little heavier lifts for a couple less reps per set but more sets. Tonight I will get some cardio in, i think the plan is HIIT on the elliptical. We will see what the evening brings.
  • megdnoorman
    Options
    6/12

Total: 47
    Net: 34

I ate a bunch of nuts (almonds and pistachios ) which were higher carb, but also a reasonable amount of fiber. I need to focus on upping my veggies and meat. I find myself eating too much fruit and nuts, and not enough veggies and meats, do that will be a focus for me the rest of the week.
  • jajohnso77
    Options
    6/12

I ate a bunch of nuts (almonds and pistachios ) which were higher carb, but also a reasonable amount of fiber. I need to focus on upping my veggies and meat. I find myself eating too much fruit and nuts, and not enough veggies and meats, do that will be a focus for me the rest of the week.

I found the Planters Spanish Red Skin Peanuts are 1g net carb per serving compared to all other nuts. They are now a huge part of my snack routine. Planters Party Peanuts are also very good - you get a lot of quantity per serving for not a lot of carbs. Just an FYI in case you're looking to save a few net grams here or there.
  • megdnoorman
    Options
    jajohnso77 wrote: »
    6/12

I found the Planters Spanish Red Skin Peanuts are 1g net carb per serving compared to all other nuts. They are now a huge part of my snack routine. Planters Party Peanuts are also very good - you get a lot of quantity per serving for not a lot of carbs. Just an FYI in case you're looking to save a few net grams here or there.

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to check them out!
  • Kimberlyrobinson87
    Options
    June 12th

Total Calories: 1370

Total Carbs: 28g
    Net Carbs: 13g
  • wljohn
    wljohn Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    I didn't track over the weekend and I know I was way over on carbs those days. We were out of town and that seems to mess me up almost everytime. I am back on track as of yesterday and am hoping I can stay that way.

June 12th:
    Total calories 1559
    Total carbs: 28g
    Net carbs: 22g
  • wljohn
    wljohn Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    June 13th:
    total calories: 1585
    total carbs: 29g
  • jajohnso77
    Options
    June 13th:

Total Calories: 1631
    Total Carbs: 20
    Net Carbs: 14
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    Total Carbs 26
    Net Carbs 19

I had a good day yesterday, I was tempted to skip the gym and actually for all counts in my head I was going to but I had an MFP friend give me an extra push so I went and got my HIIT elliptical session in. Hopefully I see it help out with the results tonight on the scale. Tonight I am lifting and am very happy that the heat wave is snapping, the gym has been HOT
  • megdnoorman
    Options
    wljohn wrote: »
    I didn't track over the weekend and I know I was way over on carbs those days. We were out of town and that seems to mess me up almost everytime. I am back on track as of yesterday and am hoping I can stay that way.

June 12th:
    Total calories 1559
    Total carbs: 28g

Weekends are hard. Your numbers for Monday and Tuesday look good so at least you are back on track :)

• megdnoorman
    Options
    GorillaNJ wrote: »
    Total Carbs 26
    Net Carbs 19

I had a good day yesterday, I was tempted to skip the gym and actually for all counts in my head I was going to but I had an MFP friend give me an extra push so I went and got my HIIT elliptical session in. Hopefully I see it help out with the results tonight on the scale. Tonight I am lifting and am very happy that the heat wave is snapping, the gym has been HOT

Well done! Hopping for a good weigh-in for you.