What is a particular "health" food that you can't stand?

Options

Replies

• socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Kale
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Anything my mother-in-law makes!
    And pomegranate seeds.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    pds06 wrote: »
    I just bought 2 boxes of Quest bars and literally can not get them down. Not only is the texture horrible they are so dry and heavy I'm afraid I'll choak. And I can eat anything. Can't return them so had to through $50.00 in the trash!

Do you have a St. Vincent de Paul society near you? A lot of churches would take unwrapped bars for the homeless.

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt. i like the regular stuff, in fact i make a gallon of it every week. but the greek kind tastes to me like polyfilla.

and i've never been able to handle fish. ever, ever. it made me feel nauseous all day long when i was a kid and it still does that now.
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Goji berries.
  • hlwampler1
    hlwampler1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I HATE cooked cauliflower and broccoli. With a passion. The worst things to ever be cooked. I'd rather eat brussel sprouts and I hate those too.
  • andersonash1111
    andersonash1111 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lettuce. I'll eat it but I'm not going to enjoy it. Corn is useless and I have to be forced to eat it every time.
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds and tofu. Everyone always says that tofu takes on the flavour of anything you cook it in, but I find it flavourless and the texture is sickening.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    hlwampler1 wrote: »
    I HATE cooked cauliflower and broccoli. With a passion. The worst things to ever be cooked. I'd rather eat brussel sprouts and I hate those too.

What about roasted?!? (never mind if you still say it's bad, more for me!)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I like cauliflower

I do too. I like most of the things mentioned here. But I'm sure lots of people like the things I hate.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    LilacSnow wrote: »
    Everyone always says that tofu takes on the flavour of anything you cook it in, but I find it flavourless and the texture is sickening.

I like tofu and do think it takes on the flavor of whatever you cook it with, but here's my tofu story.

My mom is about the least adventurous eater/cook in the world. My dad isn't all that adventurous, but has had more exposure to different foods in general, likes trying new things when cooking (although he'd cook about once every three months, excluding grilling and weekend breakfast), and occasionally hears about something and wants to try it. So, back in the early '80s, he heard about tofu -- not sure why -- and decided we should eat it. My sister and mother and I were all skeptical: "what exactly is it? why would you eat it?" -- to be fair, my sister and I were kids. My dad, sadly, had no clue what to do with it, so just did big slabs, plain, no sauce. Probably baked, I don't remember. Some kind of vegetables as sides, I don't really remember. It was not a success.

Later, probably in college, when I finally had some prepared properly, I was all excited to explain to my dad what you were supposed to do with it.

Of course, today he could have just googled for "tasty ways to prepare tofu" on the internet. My mom still insists it's weird and won't eat it, though.
  • Keldug
    Keldug Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Tofu..I've had it a few times,not my thing.
    And forget Artichokes,Salmon,Yellow Squash,Okra :s
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Parsnips. Nasty little buggers pretending to be carrots.

I like almost all vegetables, so I've tried them several times prepared different ways. I used to hate beets and after a few tries developed a surprising liking for them. Not so with parsnips. Something about the smell is a big turn-off - sort of a cross between stinky teenage boy's socks and dime-store perfume. Don't taste much better. :s
  • PaigeInTechnicolor
    PaigeInTechnicolor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Any kind of poultry- I was pecetarian for years and years, now sometimes eat beef and pork. But chicken or turkey cooking makes me sick (have actually been on the floor, in the bathroom, like I had food poisoning from it... Just so bad)

Collard greens.

Eating kale does, in fact resemble having a spider in your mouth (or, at least, what I think that would be like)

Lima beans. But love butter beans. Which makes me hate lima beans all the more, because they are lying about being tasty.

Soy milk. Eww.

I like steel-cut oats, but cannot stand instant oatmeal.

But I love seaweed, fish, cauliflower, greek yoghurt, cottage cheese, tempeh and quinoa.

I really, really love tofu. A lot. I think the trick is that I think of it less a a meat substitute, and more like a giant fried noodle/cheese hybrid thing (I always press, dry and sautee it.) that I can add sauce to and call it a day. When others are curios and want to try it for the first time, I let them know that it is more like a noodle and less like a meat. Everyone has actually really liked it (or claimed to, at least,) as long as I got to them first with that little nugget of wisdom.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and all nuts. Bleh.
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Quinoa! I absolutely can't stand the look of it when cooked; it looks like a bowl of little white worms to me! Plus, the Bolivians are now selling so much of it it and making money and now eating things like white rice and noodles, instead of eating their once staple quinoa!
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Raw kale!!! Omg it's so gross. It tastes gross and has absolutely horrible mouth feel. Ugh. Had some in a Caesar salad and it was so terrible.

On the other hand, I had these AWESOME kale tortilla chips at a baby shower a few months ago. Don't know if that counts for eating kale and enjoying it though...

I don't like raw kale as well. People make kale salad and it is not appealing to me. On the other hand I love sautéing kale with garlic & olive oil.
  • tammybarnett1
    tammybarnett1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yogurt - ick, especially the greek stuff!