Options

Replies

• megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    6/13

Total: 30
    Net: 26

I need to work on getting my fiber up, but other then that yesterday went well. Work has been extra crazy the last few days (and based on my schedule, I'll be working late every day this week :() so I am really trying to avoid stress eating. I prepped a bunch of chicken yesterday. My goal is to snack on that to avoid the carbs.
  • jajohnso77
    jajohnso77 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    6/13

I need to work on getting my fiber up, but other then that yesterday went well. Work has been extra crazy the last few days (and based on my schedule, I'll be working late every day this week :() so I am really trying to avoid stress eating. I prepped a bunch of chicken yesterday. My goal is to snack on that to avoid the carbs.

I try to do the same with skin-on chicken thighs but there's never enough fat on those to satiate me. I always end up either making a couple pounds of steak tips or breaking down the chicken into chicken salad with mayo, mustard and bacon. Also, pork rinds are amazing for avoiding carbs and being a snacky food. My local walmart has the best selection of flavors.
  • Kimberlyrobinson87
    Kimberlyrobinson87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    June 13th

Total Calories: 1365

Total Carbs: 38g
    Net Carbs: 28g

I did bad I went over my net goal of carbs. I just can't resist my buffalo wings and the extra ranch. At least my fats was very high for yesterday. I'm trying to find the bright side.
  • wljohn
    wljohn Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    wljohn wrote: »
    I didn't track over the weekend and I know I was way over on carbs those days. We were out of town and that seems to mess me up almost everytime. I am back on track as of yesterday and am hoping I can stay that way.

June 12th:
    Total calories 1559
    Total carbs: 28g
    Net carbs: 22g

Weekends are hard. Your numbers for Monday and Tuesday look good so at least you are back on track :)

Thanks. Hopefully I can stay on track through this weekend and next week. My middle son is coming home and we are going to a concert with friends Saturday night. Then next week is my youngest son's birthday. He wants carry out pizza for his birthday dinner and of course Chocolate Peanut Butter cake.

June 14th:
    total calories - 1553
    Total Carbs - 42g
    net carbs - 21g
  • lovelifehealth
    lovelifehealth Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    61 - 18 = 43
  • jajohnso77
    Options
    June 14th:

Total Calories: 1571
    Total Carbs: 25
    Net Carbs: 16
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Total Carbs 40
    Net Carbs 26

Little bit higher on the carbs then I would normally be, but I made some red kohlrabi and black kale in the cast iron skillet on the grill last night... it came out so good. I do not even like kale but it had this great crisp texture. I have been loving my new smoker/grill, using it almost everynight. Took just over an hour to smoke the chicken thighs and about 10 minutes on the veggies

9me5j5cokulf.jpg

Had a good lifting session last night and a successful weigh in... 2lbs gone! Since starting this plan I have had a couple friends and co-workers switching to Keto seeing how well it is going for me right now. I just hope it keeps on working so well

• megdnoorman
    Options
    6/14

Total: 63
    Net: 59

Definitely too high (1 small slice of pizza and a teensy bit of serial -- I know). But I'm not stressing about it. My cals were pretty low and somehow my weight is down today so not a big deal. I'm on track to have a really low carb day today so that should help me shed any water retention.
  • megdnoorman
    Options
    jajohnso77 wrote: »
    6/13

I try to do the same with skin-on chicken thighs but there's never enough fat on those to satiate me. I always end up either making a couple pounds of steak tips or breaking down the chicken into chicken salad with mayo, mustard and bacon. Also, pork rinds are amazing for avoiding carbs and being a snacky food. My local walmart has the best selection of flavors.

Thanks for the tips!
    June 13th

Total Calories: 1365

Total Carbs: 38g
    Net Carbs: 28g

I did bad I went over my net goal of carbs. I just can't resist my buffalo wings and the extra ranch. At least my fats was very high for yesterday. I'm trying to find the bright side.

Your numbers are still pretty good. I wouldn't stress about it :)
    I didn't track over the weekend and I know I was way over on carbs those days. We were out of town and that seems to mess me up almost everytime. I am back on track as of yesterday and am hoping I can stay that way.

June 12th:
    Total calories 1559
    Total carbs: 28g
    Net carbs: 22g

Weekends are hard. Your numbers for Monday and Tuesday look good so at least you are back on track :)

Thanks. Hopefully I can stay on track through this weekend and next week. My middle son is coming home and we are going to a concert with friends Saturday night. Then next week is my youngest son's birthday. He wants carry out pizza for his birthday dinner and of course Chocolate Peanut Butter cake.

June 14th:
    total calories - 1553
    Total Carbs - 42g
    net carbs - 21g

Yikes! Lots of upcoming temptation! Good luck and let us know how you do.
    GorillaNJ wrote: »
    Total Carbs 40
    Net Carbs 26

Little bit higher on the carbs then I would normally be, but I made some red kohlrabi and black kale in the cast iron skillet on the grill last night... it came out so good. I do not even like kale but it had this great crisp texture. I have been loving my new smoker/grill, using it almost everynight. Took just over an hour to smoke the chicken thighs and about 10 minutes on the veggies

9me5j5cokulf.jpg

Had a good lifting session last night and a successful weigh in... 2lbs gone! Since starting this plan I have had a couple friends and co-workers switching to Keto seeing how well it is going for me right now. I just hope it keeps on working so well

That looks delicious! Congrats on the 2 lb loss :)
  • Kimberlyrobinson87
    Options
    6/14

Total Calories:915

Total Carbs: 31g
    Net Carbs: 16g
  • lovelifehealth
    Options
    67 -24 = 43
  • wljohn
    Options
    June 15th:
    Total calories - 1603
    Total carbs - 31g
    Net carbs - 23g
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Total 36
    Net 29

Not a bad day food wise, did not get to the gym because I was coaching a lacrosse practice, but I did get a good walk in at lunch time and in practice I was running around at practice. Tonight I am planning to kind of take it easy and I will hit the gym early Saturday morning.
  • Kimberlyrobinson87
    Options
    June 15th

Total Calories: 1130

Total Carbs: 25g
    Net Carbs: 16g
  • lovelifehealth
    Options
    82 - 25 = 57
  • jajohnso77
    Options
    June 16th:

Total Calories: 1636
    Total Carbs: 18
    Net Carbs: 12
  • wljohn
    Options
    June 16th:

Total calories - 1590
    Total carbs - 21g
    net carbs -14g
  • sarahfryer30
    sarahfryer30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is the first time ive joined in on the community. Ive been eating a keto diet for the last two weeks. I started off at 152.6 lbs and today i am 144.2 lbs. I have been eating 18g of carbs a day, im not sure what net carbs are lol sorry. Really pleased with progress so far but to all the ladies, can i ask if it messes your hormones up re: spotting sorry lads for the TMI. Thankyou in advance for any advice given. Im only 32 but have bought some vitamin supplements designed for menopausal women as they balance hormones lol x
  • vixiwayhey
    vixiwayhey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Weight loss seems to have stalled at 147. Going to be more strict with logging my food!

17th June
    Carbs = 25
    Fiber = 15
    Net carbs = 10
  • Kimberlyrobinson87
    Options
    June 16th

Total calories: 1310

Total carbs: 31
    Net carbs: 16g