Options
1235»

Replies

• lillifer23
    lillifer23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    amyepdx wrote: »
    lillifer23 wrote: »
    Cut back drastically, burn off muscle, run out of self-control, get even fatter because of reduced muscle mass, see you next summer?

You know what assuming does. I actually lost 25 lbs last summer not putting effort into a healthier lifestyle just the type of exercise I get during the summer. I still had muscle lol

But you Gained. It. Back.

I stopped exercising and began drinking everyday and ate anything. So yeah probably gonna gain some weight
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    iywatkins wrote: »
    30lbs in 3 months sounds great.
    If you're obese.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• jennifer123c
    jennifer123c Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in would like to lose 26lbs in 90 days. Helps talking to people I need honest people to tell me where I am going wrong. I over eat at weekend's so any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to everyone wanting to make changes and have a healthier future.
  • BPCycler
    BPCycler Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    lillifer23 wrote: »
    I'm trying to lose about 30 lbs in the next 3 months.
    I'll be eating healthy than I have been and hopefully hiking at least 2 to 3 times a week if not then I'll be doing cardio in another form. Before anyone says why rush the losing and put a number on it- I lose best in the summer so I'm going to try to do it then and my numbers are just estimates, I'll be happy when my body feels healthiest.

Who's in to lose a goal in these next 3 months! Add me and we can support each other and give advice.

No way I can lose that much in three months. But if I could lose 12-15 lbs in that time I'd be ecstatic.
  • tholden4
    tholden4 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yes you can lose 26 in three months. I have in the past. I exercised 5 times a week and ate 1200 calories a day. If you are 100 percent dedicated and true to yourself and what you eat you can absolutely do it.
  • priscillamonczunski
    Options
    Did you work out during the first 7 weeks?
    sophie7591 wrote: »
    I just lost 31 lbs in 7 weeks. But I started at 279 lbs. Eating between 1200-1400 calories per day. The first 20 happened fast. The other 11 took a month. Now I'm losing at around 2-3 lbs per week. I'm prediabetic and trying not to be. So I'm fine eating where I am now and I'm not hungry. All under my doctor's care.

I am similar.Started at 258 and 8 weeks later I am at 224 but it is slowing down. Also under a doctors care.
    I just lost 31 lbs in 7 weeks. But I started at 279 lbs. Eating between 1200-1400 calories per day. The first 20 happened fast. The other 11 took a month. Now I'm losing at around 2-3 lbs per week. I'm prediabetic and trying not to be. So I'm fine eating where I am now and I'm not hungry. All under my doctor's care.

I am similar.Started at 258 and 8 weeks later I am at 224 but it is slowing down. Also under a doctors care.

• lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    This is an OLD thread! Why do people keep doing this???
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    This thread shows exactly why trashy magazines sell tons of copies by promising 10 lbs in a week on the newest fad garbage diet and people buy it up like its candy. Completely unrealistic goals and lack of understanding of what is healthy and achievable in a realistic environment.

• frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I’m shooting for 10 lbs in 3 months which will put me at goal weight, and honestly, at the rate I’m losing, that seems super ambitious. I’ll probably be happy with 5-6 lbs.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how funny it is. If they haven't already I hope they learn how to be patient before their situations get worse.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I am not sure how funny it is. If they haven't already I hope they learn how to be patient before their situations get worse.

Plenty of people offered sound advice in this thread (and many others like it). I just figure it's the old saying - "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink". Some people learn from others' mistakes, some people have to learn from their own mistakes, and some people just never learn.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Plenty of people offered sound advice in this thread (and many others like it). I just figure it's the old saying - "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink". Some people learn from others' mistakes, some people have to learn from their own mistakes, and some people just never learn.

True but they hear big drops in short time periods are possible from so many misleading sources. People learn when they are ready assuming that day ever arrives. Advice on the internet that is contrary to what you really want and what you believe is possible is very easily ignored.

No real point here. I just hope anyone who has not figured it out does and they are not out there yo-yoing until 30 lbs turns into 130 lbs or more to lose.

• hungrywombat
    hungrywombat Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »

It's a pity, because most of the time the ones that wind up being called unsupportive or snarky are the ones offering actual common sense advice that people could actually learn from. But 0.5lbs a week just doesn't have the same appeal as being two dress sizes smaller in a month's time...so many people would rather bury their heads in the sand and ignore sensible advice plainly given...and so the cycle continues...