Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,376 Member
    Options
    I learned what I'm doing at the gym in called HILT. Last night was my third one. Went every other day. I sweat so much my hair was plastered to my head but I did it! The trainer was impressed, so was I, I didn't think I could do that. I'm a little sore today but I am wipped out so I think I have to stay home (instead of volunterring at the animal rescue)& will go to the pool at the gym later. The summer has started here, so today it's 100 & starting tomorrow it'll be about 109-110 for several days. Took dogs out for short walk this morning at 9 & it was already too warm. The bad part is when it's this hot it stays in the high 70's at night.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Hello hello!

@jsoko1 Hello and welcome! I'm so glad you decided to include us in your journey! Congratulations about your acceptance into the army. I guess you live in Australia? Lol. We are an awesome community here. Full of support and encouragement! I hope you post often!

@gymprincess1234 Where are you moving? Is it for work?

@Evamutt That is super hot! You must live in one of the southern states I guess. Lol. It was in the high 90's here at the Jersey Shore for a few days last week before it cooled off. The temps have been nice here but the humidity's been bad and it's supposed to get up into the high 80's the tomorrow and into next week. Good for you exercising like that! I love it when I'm sore like that! Means my muscles are repairing!
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 South of France, for my studies I move around Europe every 3-6months.

I've spent the whole morning researching how to build a bubble butt. :D I find that only having the goal to lose the last extra kg is not enough fitness wise, so I decided to build a round booty. haha
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 That sounds so exciting! All though I think I would have an issue having to move so often. Not really being able to settle for long. Lol. But good for you! Just be safe! The world is a scary place right now. I love the booty idea! When I lose the rest of my weight of my weight, maybe I'll work towards that!

Happy Father's Day to all you Fathers out there and to all the Mother's who are acting as Fathers as well!

Been a pretty quiet weekend. Though I think I need to stop taking naps on Saturday afternoons. I get out of work at 1:15 and am usually home by 2PM and I'm usually home by myself. The DH either works works until later in the afternoon or he starts his shift just when I get home and works until close. When I lay down after work, I usually only mean to sleep for an hour or two and end up sleeping three or four no matter what I set the alarm for. I justs cant seem to get up and get going again! So I think I need to stop napping and instead, stay up and then go to bed earlier. So that's the new goal!

Hitting the gym in a little while. Have a great day everyone!
  • Evamutt
    Options
    since this is a group for sharing frustration too...needed to vent. We're having a heat wave all week! We live in california. It's 109 all week!! at night it's in high ;70-low 80. We don't have central air. We have window air conditioners so it stays pretty warm in the living room enough to sweat all afternoon while it's so hot, so no relief from the heat at home. The kitchen stays hot, can hardly stand going in there so I have to cook something quick. I usually cook 3 lbs of lean ground turkey patties & put them in fridge but didn't do it yesterday no air cond. in there. We put up a certain between the doorway when it's so hot so it can be cooler in the living room . I'm sleeping in the living room all week under the fan with the air on on my air mattress, hubby has his own room & bed due to his back so he stays cool in there all night. My poor dogs are hot too. Going to dog park early as I can & will hose them off while there. Ahhh... feel better getting all that out. Hope you all had good Father's day
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @Evamutt That heat sounds awful! You can vent here any time. It still blows my mind there are climate deniers with these constant record breaking heat waves across the US! We're getting it here too in MN and it's miserable.

@HGSmith0920 A 4 hour nap sounds amazing (my tired body is very jealous) but going to bed earlier is probably a good strategy.

@gymprincess1234 Any good news on where you're moving? I hope you had a good run!

@clicketykeys I hope you got through your LONG shift! What musical are you helping to put on?

Welcome @jsoko1! It sounds like you've got great goals and excellent motivation to accomplish them.

@gemwolf110 Glad to have you back! I'm happy things are going well, that 30 mile bike ride sounds like a blast!

Welcome @Leroux2008! I'm sorry to hear you are battling depression. My best advice is to work closely with a mental health counselor. It's important to focus on your mental health first so that you set yourself up for success once you start tackling your physical health.

@DiaKid What kind of circuit do you do? Is it heavy lifting? Is your heart rate raised for a long period of time?

@dflash33 I hope you had a great weekend!

This weekend was amazing. Friday I stayed home with the dog, binge watched Casual, and caught up on laundry. Saturday was the final derby game of the season. We had so much fun, and I even got to score points as the jammer! At the after party my team even gave me an award for pushing through the exhaustion and trying hard, which was so sweet of them! I was out til 1am and ate way too much, but oh well, that's life.

Sunday I was sooooo tired after 5 hours of sleep. I still took the dog on a 90 minute walk and did a few things around the house but I seriously had no energy and fell asleep at 8pm last night. This morning I woke up a million times more refreshed, went for a 3 mile run, and am ready to tackle the week! My outdoor wheels should be coming in the mail today so I can start to do outdoor skates to practice in the off season. I'm ready to start getting better! Thankfully our heat wave also broke so it is going to be a cool 75 degrees today instead of the heat death it has been.
  • Evamutt
    Options
    HGSmith, that's great that you can take naps. My DH takes naps also. If I ever take one during the day, I feel worse than if I didn't so I avoid them.gymprincess, good luck on your round booty, lol, it's so nice that you can travel from where you are. I was born in Hungary & went to live with my uncle for a while when I was a teen. Today is HIIT night, I'm planing to go, even in this heat. Hope the gym is cool. Have a great day everyone
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @leroux2008 Take a deep breath, you can do this. First have you addressed your depression with your doctor? I am assuming you have, but if you haven’t you should. Second, do you want to lose weight? If you don’t, you won’t. If you do, then write down why you want to lose weight. Put these reasons all over the place, places you can see and read and remind yourself. I am assuming the answer is yes, or why else would you be here. Remember this is a process it won’t happen in an instant, or even several weeks. You will mess up, and it is okay. You only fail, if you stop trying. I recommend small steps. Pick one thing you want to work on and do this until you are comfortable with it, then work on something else. For me, the first thing I did was just log everything I ate. I didn’t even measure, I made guesses with how much. No one can see what you log, unless you make your diary public. This is the place to be honest and get real with yourself. You do not have to give up carbs, you just have to make them fit in your daily plan. Once you get the hang of logging, then work on making your calorie goals. Once you start making those, you will start losing weight. It is possible to lose weight without exercising. I hope this helped, and I didn’t want to overwhelm you. If you like you can send me a friend request, or message me. Take pictures of yourself, and get a tape measure and measure yourself. Sometimes your body changes and the scale doesn’t. These can be very motivational tools for you.

@gemwolf110 I am glad to hear from you, sounds like things are going great!

@jsoko1 sounds like you have a great plan. Good luck.

@clicketykeys The school musical sounds like fun and awfully nice of you. I hope you survived your long day at work.

@gymprincess1234 Awesome, I want to get back into hiking. Just never seem to have the time. I did a 30 day squat challenge, it was awesome. My BF really liked the results. (me too)

@evamutt great job! I do not envy you the heat. I have a hard time with anything above 80.

@hgsmith0920 I have a hard time napping too. I usually just end up feeling lousy and then I am cranky for the rest of the day.

@rachel0778 Your weekend does sound amazing. Great job on being the jammer. I am sure that you deserved your award. Did you guys ever find a new coach? Outdoor skates sounds fun!

My weekend was so busy, I don’t feel like I got any down time at all. Friday went directly to the baseball game after work, then home to bed about 11ish. Saturday, had to pick up my car, grocery shop, took the kids to the store (my oldest asked if I would.), went bra shopping, then an hour or so at the gym, went across town (hour each way) for a graduation party. I spent most of the evening dancing. I had so much fun, and I think I made a good impression on the BF’s family (first time meeting a lot of them.) Home and in bed around midnight. Sunday, I did get to sleep in a little, which was great. Got up made a special and yummy breakfast for Dad’s day. Strawberry and cream stuffed French toast, topped with bananas, eggs, hash browns and bacon. It was so yummy. Roller skating, then lunch with my dad and family. Spent a couple of hours there, went and visited my mom. She just had surgery. Came home made dinner. Worked on some bookkeeping stuff. Then walked for 45 minutes. Then bed time.

Today, I went to the gym before work, and now I am happy to be at work because I get to take it easy. I plan on going home making dinner and then doing nothing the rest of the day.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Good evening! All those terrible storms that the Midwest had last weekend are now happening here at the Jersey Shore. It's raining cats and dogs, the sky is super dark and there's rolling thunder and bright flashes of lightening! I really hope we dont lose power since it's about 85F degrees out. I got about a 10-minute walk in this morning but I think that that is all I'm going to get in for the day.

So I put food in the crockpot before I left at 10 am this morning and sometime shortly after that, it must have come unplugged because I got home at 5:45 pm and it was barely cooked and unplugged! So I made a salad and then binged on leftovers! I was so disappointed! I was actually really excited about the meal and now have to throw all that food out because it was just sitting for 8 hours. And it was a lot of food!!!

Work was another good day though. I think I really have passed over the hump of not knowing what I'm doing. And it only took two months! I'm actually really comfortable now with pretty much everything that is required of me. I'm even teaching the new girl a few things that I wished they had shown me when I was first starting. Silly little things, but things that would have made some things way less confusing!

@Evamutt It's been up in the 90's here in New Jersey. It has been terrible. We dont have central either. We live in a tiny two room cabin that should be easy to cool with a single window unit, but alas, that is not the case. The living room is full of big windows and a sliding glass door, and the window unit is pretty small so it doesn't really reach into the living room so well. We have a big box fan that sits on top of a cardboard box. We have to close the door to the living room so that it stays cooler in the bedroom at night which just ticks off the cat. Lol. I hope the weather breaks for you soon!

@Rachel0778 I'm glad you had fun at your bout! And on Sunday I usually dont do anything other than church in the morning. That's one of my napping days!

@jdelaroy Those waffles sound amazing! I am a fairly good cook but that would be waaaay beyond me! I'm glad you had a good weekend! You sound very very busy though! Enjoy your downtime at work!
  • rtgreen23
    rtgreen23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have about 50lbs to go and I could really use a good support system.
  • HGSmith0920
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @rtgreen23 Well you are in luck! We have one heck of a group here! If you need support, this is it! Read through some of our previous posts and you'll see it! Stick with us girly and you'll see some definite results!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @rtgreen23 - welcome! come back and post often - we are a very supportive and friendly group!

@HGSmith0920 - glad to hear that you are coming out of the rocky patch at work. Starting a new job is so hard - I think it always takes longer than people think to adjust. So sorry to hear about the crock pot failure - that would be so disappointing!!

Jen - that breakfast sounds lovely. I did waffles with fresh fruit and natural yoghurt for Fathers Day breakfast - so yummy but it was a pretty hefty calorie hit for the first meal of the day :)

Rachael - hope your week goes well and that your outdoor wheels have turned up. I hear you about the heat - it's 30 degrees here and it's just a bit too hot for my liking.

Lovely day here but as above, it's a bit hot!!! For once, I'm enjoying being in the office - easier to work in an air conditioned office right now! Not much else to report to be honest - working hard to get my steps in and managed over 16,000 yesterday which I was very pleased with. Now to step up the exercise on the days that I work from home - my birthday yielded a bunch of box set DVD's that I've been after for a long time so really no excuse for avoiding the cross trainer if I want to actually watch everything! Have a good day all :)
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @Rachel0778 To South of France in September, just moved to Baltic sea for the summer holidays. I'm like a gipsy :D

Family's reactions to my latest weight loss was priceless, wish I had filmed their faces haha Today I took comparison pictures since I last visited, cause here I have a huge mirror, and my thighs have shrunk, finally!! A bit annoyed with myself that in 2 months I've lost only 4kg, should have been 6-8kg if I had not eaten all my workout calories. :#:D
    But it's a loss anyways, just need to speed it back up :)

Also just went through my summer wardrobe and, wow, 23kg do make a big difference, now I have a full bag of 'too big' and a lot of things bought like 5 years ago, that now fit(loose, but can still get a wear out of them). So happy !

I hope everyone's having a good week !

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @jdelaroy Sounds like a busy weekend! Your father's day brunch sounds amazing. Great job making a good first impression on the BF's family! We haven't found a new coach yet, but we're still powering through and will hopefully have one by the next season

@gymprincess1234 I'm jealous of your gypsy lifestyle :) Congrats on losing 4kg, that is a fabulous loss and nothing to feel down about!

@janetay01 What kind of box sets did you get? That sounds like great motivation to get on the cross trainer! 16K steps is awesome!

Welcome @rtgreen23 !

@HGSmith0920 I hope the storms don't hit you too hard. We had quite a few downed trees when they swept my area of the Midwest so I know they're brutal. Sorry to hear about the crock pot, that is sooooo frustrating to have to throw out good food :(

Happy Tuesday everyone! I got up early and got my workout in since I'm meeting a friend for a double date at the winery this evening. I don't know what got into me last night but I had a TON of energy when I got home. I cleaned the kitchen AND the bathrooms AND cooked a big batch of Chana Masala (chickpea curry) AND took the dog for a walk. I'm on fire! I'm hoping this energy propels me through the rest of the week :)
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @hgsmith0920 Sounds like you are getting the hang of things at work. Good job. The French toast is super easy to make. I’ll post the recipe in a bit. It is nowhere healthy for you though.

@rtgreen23 Welcome aboard. You can do this. There is a lot of great info here, and lots of support.

@janetay01 Happy birthday. Great job on those steps! I set a goal for a half million steps in June. I need to hit 16700 every day to make it. I am actually ahead of schedule on those.

@rachel0778 Good job taking advantage of all that energy. Enjoy your double date.

Today is my 1 year! On my goodness who would have thought. In that year I have lost 55 pounds, walked 3-7k’s. Increased my speed on the treadmill for a 2.8 pushing it, to a 4.2 pushing. Can run/jog for 40 minutes without stopping (couldn’t do 30 seconds when I started.) Hiked Red Rocks Amphitheatre 2-3 times, did a 30 day squat challenge, found a love for roller skating, and showed my children what can happen when you want something.

Strawberries and cream French Toast
    2 eggs
    ½ cup milk
    1 teaspoon sugar
    White bread (I used Texas Toast)
    16 ounces cream cheese
    1 cup strawberries sliced
    1 banana (optional) sliced
    Butter
    Confectioner’s Sugar, strawberry syrup or regular syrup (for topping)

Mix together eggs, milk, and sugar set aside
    Spread cream cheese on each slice of bread (Enough to make 4-6 sandwiches)
    Cover 1 piece on the cream cheese side with strawberries. Cover with second piece of bread. (Cream cheese will be on the inside of both pieces of bread.) Pinch around edges of bread so they stick together.
    Dunk bread on both sides in egg mix.
    Melt butter in frying pan on medium high. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side should be golden brown. Top with banana slices, and your choice of sugar, or syrup.
  • brainbeeitsallinyourhead
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Ilana. I gained 20 pounds in one year thanks to depression. Prior to that I'd always had a healthy weight. This is my second attempt at shaking the weight off. The previous time I got mono and I was told not to exercise and stop dieting. Let's hope my motivation lasts. I just purchased a scale and am on day two on My Fitness Pal. Wish me luck! :-)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Wow @Rachel0778 it sounds like you've had a really productive day! Congratulations! I know that feels good. Just remember that if every day isn't like this one, and you run out of steam, that's ok too :)

Congratulations @gymprincess1234! Way to go on the loss - and on getting that kind of reaction from your family. Feels good, doesn't it? XD

@janetay01 - Boy, I'm with you on the heat. I'll be out at the park again tomorrow, though fortunately it's just supposed to get into the upper 80s. Hurray for cloud cover! Let us know how it goes trying out the cross trainer!

Welcome @rtgreen23! Let us know how things are going. We do a good job of encouraging each other :)

That's a bummer about the food @HGSmith0920 but I'm SO glad to hear that work is going well! How soon will you be having The Meeting?

@jdelaroy I'm super glad that I just had lunch because DAYUM those waffles sound amazing! hahaha glad you had such a wonderful weekend and had a chance to spend time with your family.

So I'm just in a wonderfully good mood, and it's not just because of the Raspberry Mule (vodka, raspberries, ginger puree, diet 7Up, YUM!) that I made when I got back from working on the school play. MOSTLY it's because I only had to help out for like 3 hours. So the day is ALL MINE until play practice 6-9 tonight. It's so nice to have some not-exactly-down-time that I can use to catch up on EVERYTHING and probably even get to go to the gym this afternoon. I really thought I'd be spending all of my 'me' time on the school play but the other teachers have been super cool about me just coming in and helping for a bit and then skedoodling.

Making some grain pilaf - quinoa, barley, wheatberries, black rice - that I am going to use for prepping here once it cools off. And I'm going to bake a new batch of protein crackers. I've GOT to record how much water I use to thin the batter (if it's too thick the crackers are thick and hard instead of thin and crispy, like chips). That way they'll always turn out the way I like!

I'm just feeling really blessed today, y'all. Progress toward 170 is glacial, but maybe it's slower than it needs to be because I'm already quite pleased with my results and not pushing myself all that hard, lol! But it just feels good to feel good!

Anyway. I hope everyone else is having a Terrific Tuesday. Hugs to all!
  • brainbeeitsallinyourhead
    Options
    Here's a newly discovered trick! Get a bottle of sparkling water, throw in a slice of lemon and some cut up ginger - TADA! Welcome to a delicious beverage with 0 calories that makes you feel super full very fast and also helps you get that water intake!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @brainbeeitsallinyourhead That drink sounds awesome! And WELCOME! I'm definitely going to try that drink though!

@Rachel0778 I have that kind of energy today! I got up early on my day off! Got a 3.5-mile walk in before 10 am, went over finances and made a few lists and charts, did two loads of laundry, made egg salad, did the dishes, took a shower, divvied up snacky foods so they are all portioned out by serving size, and put NEW food in the crock pot. Lol. And it's only just after 3 pm!

@jdelaroy I think I'm going to make that for dinner one night next week...or maybe a Sunday morning if the DH doesn't have to work. They sound fabulous! Congrats on 1 year too! I hope I have as much luck as you do! I'm definitely going to try!

@janetay01 Trust me I know about hot weather! It's been pretty terrible here in New Jersey. Although the humidity has finally broken so it's definitely a lot nicer today than it has been over the last few days. I even have the air off and the windows open and a fan on.

@clicketykeys I'm so glad you're in a good mood! I am too! I wasn't before looking over finances and things but I stepped outside to get the laundry from my parent's house and realized how nice it was out and my bad mood suddenly lifted! Lol. Good job with all your steps and I definitely agree about cloud cover!

So the storms last night were crazy but no downed trees or power outages here, which is very nice. We live, literally, in the middle of the woods, so downed trees can be a really big problem. But we are all good! Thus morning was pretty terrible weather wise...hot and sticky but it seems to have cooled off and is now really nice out! I got so much done today! And it's not even 4 pm yet! So there is still time to work on my writings before the DH gets home from work and distracts me. Lol.

So the follow-up meeting I was supposed to have two weeks ago actually just got canceled altogether. I've been doing so well and haven't had a single mess up that I guess my boss doesn't see the need to progress forward with it! It's such a relief! I personally know that I am improving, but it's really nice to know that others are seeing it too!

I've also discovered that I am woefully lacking in discipline in my life! Not only with my weight but also with other things such as finances. So the next few weeks are going to focused on gaining discipline and making things simpler for myself and my family and not harder. If I make it harder to access certain things than I know that I probably won't put forth the effort to go get them. Lol. But on the other hand, if I make it easier to do other things than there is a more likelihood that I will actually do them! So I'm figuring out ways to configure things in my life that I can live by those two principles.

Anyway, have a great day everyone!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @clicketykeys it does indeed :)

I'm in a sad mood lately. my move feels like a break up.. I think I just have to focus on weight loss, cause that's the only thing I can control in my life at the moment, so might as well put my 100% in it.