:o:o:o
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Not gonna lie; there's a fitness club opened up near me and they've got bottles of this in the window. Side-eyeing them so hard. (I know, I know; just because they sell the stuff doesn't mean that the fitness instructors don't know their stuff. But it gives me a great deal of pause...)

https://www.totalcleanse.ca/pages/faq

I STILL dont understand how juice rids your body of toxins and strengthens your immune system.

$60 for a 1 day cleanse.
    $350 for a 7 day cleanse.
    https://www.totalcleanse.ca/collections/cleanse/products/purify-cleanse?variant=9689753411

Wow!

Obviously money is a filthy toxin and must be cleansed from the wallet.

Do you have any idea how many peoples filthy hands have touched those 20$ bills? you should probably just give them to me for safe disposal.

...but the $1's...

You don't know where those ones have been.

I DO know where they've been...thats the problem.

Hmmm... this no longer seems like family friendly fun :open_mouth::laugh:
  • beautyonecw
    beautyonecw Posts: 2 Member
    Hello, my husband and I are wanting to start the JJ Smith 10 day green smoothie cleanse. Just thought I would see if anyone has done this, has any advice or if anyone would like to join in for support. Feel free to add me if you want, we plan to start on Friday giving us a day to get all of the shopping done etc.

• beautyonecw
    beautyonecw Posts: 2 Member
    I'm very surprised by the negativity response. The program works. I joined JJ Smith 10-day Green Smoothie Challenge group on the Facebook page. There, you get nothing but positivity. I lose 5 pounds in the 10 days in the month of May but I was not fully committed. I was dealing with stressful situation in my life at that time. The books and Facebook group really inspiring and helpful. I would do this program over and over again because of the support. I hope this was helpful. Don't listen to the negative.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    It only "works" because you end up eating in a calorie deficit. The smoothies are irrelevant. Advice for people to avoid wasting time and money on unnecessary gimmicks shilled by the likes of Dr. Oz is a positive, not a negative.
  • cardiacmommy
    cardiacmommy Posts: 52 Member
    I have heard a little about JJ virgin and I think her big thing is identifying food allergies. You limit several food types that tend to be responsible for food allergies then add them back in one by one. Perhaps this is the type of "cleanse" the op was doing?
    I'm not sure that going whole hog on eating lots of nutritious food for 10 days is so awful if it helps get you motivated and on track and off some of your bad trigger foods. But definitely a lifestyle change is needed for long term success.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    I have heard a little about JJ virgin and I think her big thing is identifying food allergies. You limit several food types that tend to be responsible for food allergies then add them back in one by one. Perhaps this is the type of "cleanse" the op was doing?
    I'm not sure that going whole hog on eating lots of nutritious food for 10 days is so awful if it helps get you motivated and on track and off some of your bad trigger foods. But definitely a lifestyle change is needed for long term success.

What? The OP describe a scamwoo juice cleanse, not an elimination diet. There's no food involved, it's all blended up fruit and veg.

And food allergies weren't even mentioned.