Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?

Options

Replies

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    LOL, for the record, I was talking about IRL ... that crazy place I sometimes venture out into. ;) VERY unpopular out there, from what I've experienced.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Also, apparently getting pregnant immediately after going off the pill is very common. Don't listen to the old wives tales. Although I think I could probably get pregnant if my husband just gives me a devilish glance.

Same here. Pregnant within a few months both times.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Also, apparently getting pregnant immediately after going off the pill is very common. Don't listen to the old wives tales. Although I think I could probably get pregnant if my husband just gives me a devilish glance.

Ditto and my boobs hurt enough to know immediately.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    Anyway, be aware that this is a thing for some people. They really take the whole idea of calorie counting and run it into the ground to the complete detriment to their own health. It's not discipline. It's disorder.

We have to be careful not to treat CICO like Chris Farley treats a sales prospect:

https://youtu.be/RinQDLP3Kno
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options

And me :) In the mid-seventies I went off the pill (much stronger than the pills today) after having been on it for 5 years. My doctor told me it could take up to a year to get pregnant, and to expect my periods to be erratic for a while. I then developed a severe case of of vertigo (probably unrelated) and tromped around to several different doctors for a diagnosis. More than three months into it, someone finally asked when my last period was (the month before I went off the pill), had me take a pregnancy test and what do you know, I was more than three months along.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options

My friend was taking the pill and got pregnant. She's also now pregnant with her 2nd 7/8 months after her first. Outliers always exist. haha
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    On pregnancy:

You're not eating for 2; you're eating for 1.1.

Thank you for explaining that.

No. He was Man-splaining it.

tenor.gif
This discussion has been closed.