I eat the same food every week! (and like it)

13»

Replies

• 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    I am trying to figure out what to eat. I think I will do better if it is just about the same thing. Too many choices leads me to too many exceptions. I do find that I tend to go off my plan at a restaurant and don't let me start with the bread and butter.
  • 150poundsofme
    So do you remove the skin of the potatoes first, then boil and then place in your waffle iron? Thanks
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    clark614 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what hot dog salad is?

I cut up 4 chicken hot dogs, 4 wedges of laughing cow cheese, and put it over an entire bag of lettuce/greens with jalapenos, reduced sugar ketchup and hot sauce.
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »

I cut up 4 chicken hot dogs, 4 wedges of laughing cow cheese, and put it over an entire bag of lettuce/greens with jalapenos, reduced sugar ketchup and hot sauce.

That sounds amazing!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »

That sounds amazing!

It's *kitten* boss. And huge. Eaten out of a big mixing bowl. I look pregnant when I'm done.
  • SeikoMonster
    SeikoMonster Posts: 105 Member
    So do you remove the skin of the potatoes first, then boil and then place in your waffle iron? Thanks

Skinned red potatoes.
    Skin, cut into chunks, boil for 16 mins, drain off the water, quick mash. When I say quick mash, I go around the bowl 4 times with my masher just to get the boiled chunks together, not looking for "mashed potatoes" constancy.

Then I squish it down into a tupperwear container. I put mine into the fridge at least overnight, but that is probably not needed. But it makes loading them into the iron easy in one big chunk.

36 oz (2.3 pounds) of unskinned reds will give you 2, 14 oz portions once skinned. 14 oz portion is what I have per meal and it works to 291 calories on the reds that I buy. I take that 14 oz portion and make 2 waffles out of it.

I make a 2 day batch at once just to save time cooking. I weigh it and portion it out into tupperware. Takes me just over an hour from start to done with cleanup to do 2 days of meals.
  • 150poundsofme
    SeikoMonster, thank you so much for your recipe!
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    I'm the same way, and it's really the only thing that's ever worked for me. I meal prep on Sunday for the entire week, and it's the same thing every week -- breakfast sandwich for breakfast; sweet potatoes/brown rice, broccoli, and seasoned chicken breast for lunch. Dinner varies. I find myself actually looking forward to specific foods the next day as opposed to not having any clue what I'm going to eat and EVERYTHING sounding good.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    If it works for you that is great!

I have limited choices for breakfast, lunch and snacks most days. I have more variety with dinner because I like to cook and try different things.

Typically I eat things like this:
    Breakfast- low prep foods like Greek yogurt, granola bars, cereal with milk, sandwich, dinner leftovers, fruit, cottage cheese
    Lunch- things like sandwich, salad, or dinner leftovers
    Dinner- something different every night of the month. Soup once a week usually.
    Snacks- things like fruit, chips, popcorn, pretzels, dark chocolate, cookies, granola bar, carrots, celery, broccoli, trail mix, deviled eggs, pickles, cottage cheese
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Creature of habit over here as well. I have eaten the same breakfast (oats/protein powder/berries/yogurt/flax) for several years. Lunch I always have a tortilla with avocado and some sort of Lean Cusine meal so that can vary. Snacks are pretty much homemade protien balls, fruit, cereal, and quest bars. Dinner is always a huge plate of veggies with some sort of protein (chicken, turkey, fish, etch.) avocado with toast. I pretty much keep my meals the same during the week, weekends when we go out I tend to eat more of a variety of foods. My husband doesn't understand how I don't get sick of eating the same things, but it works for me!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    Yep. Since I do all the grocery shopping and cooking, I pretty much buy the same things every week and cook the same meals.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png