• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    M
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Well my apartment smells of banana bread! All I have is the pan that makes mini loaves, so I borrowed Prudence's silicone loaf pan. I doubled the recipe so I could make both a loaf and the minis. I will give the mini loaves to Prudence so she can freeze them.
    The other morning she offered me coffee, so we sat and sipped after I got back from walking Annabelle. She has the best stories! Since I have barely enough coffee to make a full pot, she told me to get the big bag of whole beans from her cupboard, and her grinder. I left it all on our counter for teenager to question. He did and I had him use the grinder and put about 5 pots worth. Kids get excited about the simplest things! Like thee scent of freshly ground coffee!

Ooh can you smell them?!
    8v2t093kqgcs.jpg
    3i7x93wfqeb0.jpg
    Mentally all giving you a slice!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    NYKaren - good for you dodging the crud. Sometimes men can be such babies. I'm sure he's not feeling as well as you are but he's probably making it seem like it's much worse than it is. I know Vince does that all the time.

Becca - you are so very good to Prudence. Your banana bread looks yummy. Care to share the recipe?

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :)Jenn from BC, I am so glad you decided to keep going to your dance class. I have found that my dance classes are a good arena to learn more about getting along with others. From time to time, it feels like I'm back in middle school but I try to concentrate on the dancing and not let the personalities get to me. The line dance class I teach is beginner. Almost every week I have someone show up who has never line danced before. Some stay with it and others don't find it appealing enough to want to do the work. Our dances are rated "Absolute Beginner" up to "Beginner". We end every class with "Come Dance With Me". I am not familiar with the new dance you're learning but it's more likely to be more suitable for one of the classes I attend as a student. The new dance we're going to learn tomorrow is "Vegas Baby".

:)Felicia, I admire your care and thoughtfulness toward your sister.

:) It was much cooler here today so I was able to work a bit more in the yard. Yesterday a good friend with a pickup truck went to Wal Mart with us to pick up eight more bags of mulch. He brought them over this morning just as I was finishing spread the last of the 16 bags I already had. I dance the next three mornings so I probably won't be back to work outside til Saturday. Jake has found a much more efficient way to move the rocks and he has been doing the work, so it will be finished much sooner than I expected.

<3 Barbie
  • JennieLeeAustin
    JennieLeeAustin Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Michele I just read your post about your daughters (?) up coming bridal shower. Is it possible Pete's mother is just feeling left out and trying to be a part of this special time? Is Pete an only child. I'm speaking from experience here. Our youngest son is getting married in February 2018 in Colorado. His father and I feel as if we have both been cut out of everything. It's hard not to have hard feelings when you feel as if you are being pushed aside. We only have boys so we will never know the joy of having a daughter to plan a wedding with, share shower ideas with, Ken will never be able to walk a daughter down the aisle etc.

We have both made suggestions that have been completely ignored so we have stepped back and said nothing else, but it has left us both with a bad taste. There are a lot more details that I won't bore everyone with, but that is our situation in a nut shell.

I'm not saying the situation with Jess and Pete is the same, just that she might be feeling a little diminished as the Grooms mother.
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Becca you inspired me to make banana nut bread. I have too many bananas that I can possibly eat so I had DH pick up some walnuts for me. Maybe I'll make mini muffins for breakfast.
    You are so good to your neighbor. You are few and far between!

Allie I just had a funny thought! Schedule a termite fumigation right when Tom is suppose to show up! That will keep them out of the house! Tee Hee!!!

Michelle in NC Yes, my EX-DH was quite incredible. He was an alcoholic and abuser. He was a good liar too. I had just enough money to move and buy some necessary things for the move and kids. (Not his kids, thank God). It ended up that my old neighbor that was a Sargent with the California Hwy Patrol had him arrested for drunk driving. I heard later he went to jail for a year and a half then went to a half way house. First time he was let out on leave, he came back drunk and then back to jail. What an idiot. I can't believe I married such a fool!!

We had a stray dog come up to the house this evening. Poor dog. I felt sorry for him and poured out some dry dog food on the walk for him. He gobbled it fast. Of course our dog Dolly was going crazy, barking, growling and had her hackles up! She was wanting to get at him!! I emailed our vet the neighborhood group and sent pictures too. Maybe he has an owner who will come looking for him. He was dirty and stuff in his fur and had a large tick on his muzzle. Poor guy.

Have a good evening,

Dana in Arkansas
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Felicia- Just wanted to pop on and give you a warm hug and some understanding. I am not sure what your sister's illness is; but it reminded me of what I went through with my own sister. We were only months apart in age and were the original odd couple. We took sibling rivalry to a new level. Then, a year and a half ago, she was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Stage 4 glioblastoma. Oddly enough, she wanted to see me. I would go and visit and we would get along and then suddenly I would get cold shouldered by her. She blew hot and cold; and it would just drive me crazy. But I would get home and get a text from her boyfriend telling me that sis would talk about me coming to visit again, and she would reminisce about visiting my home, and about memories from long, long ago.
    The brain is an amazing thing. Sometimes I think those who are dying are given little glimpses of happier times, or perhaps they are given the gift of "forgetting the bad". My sis passed away in February of this past year. She passed away in a hospital room and the whole time she was there, she thought she was at my home. She was a pill, but I am glad she had an illness that made her see people she loved (my parents who had passed), she talked with people she loved but who were not there (me, my daughter). Sorry, I am probably rambling. But I just want you to know that I am here and able to listen if you want or need an ear. <3 KJ (Kelly)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

**wahoo hrm not recording right all the time :0/ **

bike ride hm 2 gym- 10.39min. 141mhr, 16.5mph, 2.9mi = 91c
    apple watch- 90c
    ROPE PULL- 20min, midset, 112mhr, lvl7, 84ftpmin, 1868ft = 83c
    apple watch- 134c
    WALK/JOG- 26min, 3.1speed, 2incl 1st .25mi, then 3.6sp, 4-8incl jog/walk, 131mhr, 1.5mi = 149c
    apple watch- 170c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.10min, 13.6amph, 128mhr. 1.3mi = 57c
    apple watch- 43c
    bike ride from puyallup 2 sumn station- 14.23min, 12.6amph, 142mhr, 3mi= 120c
    apple watch- 120c
    jog station 2 wk- 5.43min, 11.08min mi, 136ahr, 157mhr, .5mi = 58c
    apple watch- 55c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.30min, 9.55min mi, 149mhr, .4mi = 72c
    apple watch- 55c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.24min, 9amph, 136ahr, 155mhr, 2.6mi = 176c
    apple watch- 146c

total cal 868
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Well my apartment smells of banana bread! All I have is the pan that makes mini loaves, so I borrowed Prudence's silicone loaf pan. I doubled the recipe so I could make both a loaf and the minis. I will give the mini loaves to Prudence so she can freeze them.
    The other morning she offered me coffee, so we sat and sipped after I got back from walking Annabelle. She has the best stories! Since I have barely enough coffee to make a full pot, she told me to get the big bag of whole beans from her cupboard, and her grinder. I left it all on our counter for teenager to question. He did and I had him use the grinder and put about 5 pots worth. Kids get excited about the simplest things! Like thee scent of freshly ground coffee!

Ooh can you smell them?!
    8v2t093kqgcs.jpg
    3i7x93wfqeb0.jpg
    Mentally all giving you a slice!
    Becca
    Oregon

u can ship me a slice :smile:
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Dana - what a beautiful picture of you and Bob. You look so happy.

Welcome Callie and JennieLee

Becca - i'm making banana walnut muffins while reading these posts. Your banana bread looks wonderful.

Well ladies, another month and I have not lost a pound. I'm eating between 1100 and 1400 calories a day, so figure either my scale is wonky and I need to purchase another one or I need to go to the doctor and request a referral to an endocrinologist so I can get the proper tests for thyroid...feeling very frustrated.

Hugs everyone.
    Paula Y
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    17,000 steps
    178 minutes walking Sasha and Bessie
    31 minutes riding the exercise bike
    116 minutes spreading mulch in the yard
    two hour nap with hubby and the pets

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Felicia, my dear MIL had schizophrenia. When I first met her it wasn't well controlled. Well it was controlled as well as medicine controlled it at that time. I remember us going to visit her and she was talking to Mr Clean in the cupburds. He was doing and saying awful things to her and she was getting more and more agitated. She eventually took one of her butcher knives and ran out in the streets chasing him. Quite the introduction to my new boyfriends,Mom. But I knew Charlie was a special guy and just told him that for him to be the kind of guy he was that his Mom had to be an equally special Mom even if she has been ill for a while. Once she finally got on the right medicine I finally got to meet that special woman. Now shock therapy had taken a lot out of her but I loved what was left. It meant so much to me when my own Mom died and she told me to call her Mom. Well I can ramble on and on about her.

Well we have decided to go ahead and get Mr Mozart declawed. He is going to be a much larger cat than Melody and we don't want her tone in any danger. Plus we just have been unable to keep him off things. Our mattresses are looking torn even though he still has some of the nail caps still on. I can tell the nail growth under the caps and they will come off soon. Here is a picture I got of both of them tonight.cevgb3vucaqm.jpeg
    9nt5ry3keakq.jpeg
    bk51eaupqw77.jpeg

Joyce indiana
    ltxcpj2jc29l.jpeg
    ud31yaokybo9.jpeg
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Felicia- Just wanted to pop on and give you a warm hug and some understanding. I am not sure what your sister's illness is; but it reminded me of what I went through with my own sister. We were only months apart in age and were the original odd couple. We took sibling rivalry to a new level. Then, a year and a half ago, she was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Stage 4 glioblastoma. Oddly enough, she wanted to see me. I would go and visit and we would get along and then suddenly I would get cold shouldered by her. She blew hot and cold; and it would just drive me crazy. But I would get home and get a text from her boyfriend telling me that sis would talk about me coming to visit again, and she would reminisce about visiting my home, and about memories from long, long ago.
    The brain is an amazing thing. Sometimes I think those who are dying are given little glimpses of happier times, or perhaps they are given the gift of "forgetting the bad". My sis passed away in February of this past year. She passed away in a hospital room and the whole time she was there, she thought she was at my home. She was a pill, but I am glad she had an illness that made her see people she loved (my parents who had passed), she talked with people she loved but who were not there (me, my daughter). Sorry, I am probably rambling. But I just want you to know that I am here and able to listen if you want or need an ear. <3 KJ (Kelly)

I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. Mine has schizophrenia. We lost her decades ago. There are still small blessings, but they are few and not often enough.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    HMMMMM, it seems several pictures tagged along with the cats. Well the one under the cats is Christina at her senior high school private recital. Her piano teacher said if she was going to major in piano and voice in college she might as well see what the recital would be like. The next picture is of Christina and her then fiance here at home. Yep, still the same house we live in now. The next one was many years ago at my brothers house. Charlie was at his heaviest. The older girl is Christina, younger is Michelle. The last one is of Charlie when we were visiting Christina and family. Oldest grand daughter is Trinity and the baby is Ellie. See how a mistake can be a delight!

Joyce, Indiana
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    pyanko7 wrote: »
    Well ladies, another month and I have not lost a pound. I'm eating between 1100 and 1400 calories a day, so figure either my scale is wonky and I need to purchase another one or I need to go to the doctor and request a referral to an endocrinologist so I can get the proper tests for thyroid...feeling very frustrated.

Hugs everyone.
    Paula Y

Are you weighing your food?

Are you logging your exercise?

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    my melatonin came yesterday and took a dose last night.. have to say it helps me stay asleep but until the amount of stress in my life lessens ,I wont be having long sleep patterns..
    Tom and I got stuck on the highway last night coming back from the wake.. we didn't get home until almost 8..
    Today is the funeral and I will be driving alone ,as ding dong went to work and will change there and meet at the funeral home.
    the one thing about him being gone for a week is I can pack stuff up and move it to my dads..
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    <3
    Sarah